Halo 3 VS Halo 4

mosh

Halo 3 multiplayer may always be my favorite .. but Halo 4 is a close second..

I love Halo 3's multiplayer too, but I'm slowly starting to fall in love with Halo 4. I was worried that Halo 4's multiplayer was going to leave me as disappointed as Halo Reach, but it really came out beautifully.

I love Halo 3's multiplayer too, but I'm slowly starting to fall in love with Halo 4. I was worried that Halo 4's multiplayer was going to leave me as disappointed as Halo Reach, but it really came out beautifully.

I agree....its light years a head of reach... but Halo 3 is the only game ive played for such a long period of time.. lets see if im playing halo 4.. 5 years later..

I agree....its light years a head of reach... but Halo 3 is the only game ive played for such a long period of time.. lets see if im playing halo 4.. 5 years later..

I've only done that with Halo CE, Halo 3, and Warcraft III

Halo 3 for a bunch of reasons. Love the dual wielding and all the cool weapons like Brute Spiker, Flame Thrower, Mauler, Spike Grenade, and Flame grenade. Also the different vehicles made it fun. And because of the better playlists. Multi Team was by far my favorite as well as Team Dubs. Zombies was better in Halo 3 as well. Flood just isn't as fun as zombies was. There's not enough people and there's no custom maps specifically for it either. One main reason though I prefer Halo 3 MM to Halo 4's is because I feel the precision weapons you spawn with dominate MM and leave little room for anything else.

Halo3>Halo 4.My tier list of the all the FPS Halo games would be Halo:CE,Halo 3,Halo 4,Halo 2,Halo:Reach.Halo 3 was so beautifully done and honestly it reminded me of the proper sequel to Halo:CE.It felt right and it was the only game next to Halo:CE were i played for days straight living on coffee and ramen.It's more balanced than Halo 4 and more competitive.I am not going to say Halo 3 had better playlist because Halo 4 is so young.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on the persons preferences and nothing else. The only reasons that I like halo 3 better is because I have good old memories with it and the older yet crisper feeling than halo 4. Halo 4 has more potential than halo 3 ever did so if they keep adding these game type updates and keep the popular ones then they will eventually work up an expansive playlist. We should wait and see...

• 3 weeks later...

Halo 3 because of the simplicity of it. These extra things make it to complicated. Better maps, better campaign, better weapons, better game types, better playlist, RANKING SYSTEM!!!!, actually good looking armor, and did I mention a ranking system?!?!?!?!? Oh and better forge.

This post is stupidly long. I suspect as it gets late in the evening I lose any desire to control my own rants.

Halo 3 had much better multiplayer, but I don't think it was due to visible trueskill like many people claim. I don't see ANY evidence in the market that visible Trueskill = Success. Good gameplay = success, always has.

Halo 3's multiplayer DID benefit from a competitive attitude, but not on the part of "PrO" players, on the part of the developers. Bungie made that game and did things to try and keep fights varied and generally fair. You had many more symmetrical maps, weapons performing very similarly in their certain range categories, vehicles that WORKED, and and the developer's energy spent on making it all work. In Halo 3 you could enter a game, walk forward and fight the enemy team. They could FLANK you, but it was because they were TRYING to flank you, not because the maps just flowed around behind you. Generally if you paid attention you could keep them in front of you and have a FIGHT, not 1 kill and then 1 death.

Reach switched things back to Halo 2's idiotic massacre mode, where whoever wins the opening push wins the game. Bungie had largely moved on to other projects at this point, and delegated the development of Reach.

Halo 4 definitely went for CoD-copy. I haven't played MUCH call of duty, but I remember feeling like there wasn't a lot to do other than run around a lot and shoot things. Since you can kill people instantly in that game and you CAN'T see through walls, there is also some benefit to camping. I don't remember seeing it as being quite as well-developed as Halo though, things like kill streaks made your life feel insignificant. Someone's AI-controlled helicopter could spawn kill you for awhile without the player ever lifting a finger.

It's the attitude that counts. Bungie wanted to make awesome multiplayer when they made Halo 3. 343 wanted to make a specific kind of multiplayer, which is NEVER a good idea. It doesn't matter what direction you go with it, the important thing is you can't try to control player behavior. If you do they end up with less game to play. If you don't they end up being able to play the game the way they want. 343 wants you to sprint around a lot, get one kill, die, and then start over. That's what they wanted and that's the game they made. There is less game here than there was in Halo 3.

I DO think they can salvage it, I don't think they will. One reason they won't: They have to reverse a lot of the crap they did. You can't have someone work on something for a year or two and then tell them to erase it, not unless you're their boss. I hate even suggesting stuff like this because the really horrible thing about REVERSING work is that you're so much farther down the timeline and you just wipe all your progress. For that reason I also know it will never be done.

Examples: They made all weapons require reloads more often. This was stupid and pointless and harms the game. Will they fix it? Never, because they talked about it and decided it was better this way, baffling as that is. The same minds that make a mistake will make the same mistake given another opportunity. They didn't learn anything because whatever idiot made the call in the first place is probably still making calls, and people don't like to admit they're wrong even when they know they have been. People especially don't like to admit they're wrong when they're still too dumb to actually believe they're wrong.

Maps designed "like race tracks" to quote another forum member. Stupid. Pointless. Harms the game. Will they learn? NO, because they did it on purpose and they don't think it's pointless. They had a point to it, they wanted players to have zero reasons to slow down and defend any location, that way they keep moving. The map designers probably also think they're pretty smart, since not only do the maps work as they intended but the players love the simplest map they made: Haven. Yet it WAS stupid because it's not how Halo works and it's not fun to have to run around constantly and it WAS pointless because their intention WAS to copy CoD which isn't designed to play at all like Halo.

Why would you want to copy the guy who doesn't want to copy you? It's a weird human failing I see constantly. What can you admire in someone who admires nothing about you? Certainly you can admire SOME things, but generally when someone wants to make themselves as different from me as possible I suspect there are better people to study. What could 343 want to copy? The sales numbers? Of course that's to be admired, but that doesn't have anything to do with the product, it has everything to do with the consumers. I watch some CoD players on Youtube, they don't have near as much praise for CoD as 343 probably does. I bet it's some kind of personal information bubble thing, because WE aren't over here talking about how Halo 4 is the best game ever, but I bet they think we are. Similarly we're over here saying "People just love CoD so much 343 couldn't resist copying CoD" but the CoD players have complaints with their game too.

I just wish people would get comfortable doing their own thing, so we wouldn't have everyone trying to look like everyone else, and we could get back to playing a game that looks like no other in the market.