Post Your Best Loadouts Here

Spectral Jester

Halo-4-Loadouts.png

Okay a thread to help all the Halo 4 gamers on here.

Whats the best loadout for which playlist?

You the community can share your best loadouts with everyone.

All you gotta do is post up the loadout, and for which gametype.

You could even post why its the best.

So whats the best loadout?

Over to you....

My best load out is DMR, a suppressor, plasma grenades, promethean vision, Fire power and Dexterity.

I use it 4 everything

It depends less on the playlist and more on the playing style. It's good 4 BTB and slayer if i had 2 say a play list.

I have 5 different Loadouts:

Loadout 1: Extra XP: DMR, Magnum, Frag, Camo, Fast Track (Pioneer), Stability (Rogue) - For When I am playing War games and am not XP capped.

Loadout 2: Xp Capped: DMR, Magnum, Frag, Camo, Mobility, Dexterity - For War games after getting XP capped on the day.

Loadout 3: Big Team, Extra XP: DMR, Plasma Pistol, Camo, Fast Track, Ammo - For BTB War Games, not XP capped.

Loadout 4: Big Team XP Capped: DMR, Light Rifle, Frag, Camo, Firepower, Ammo - For BTB after getting XP capped on the day.

Loadout 5: Spartan Ops: DMR, Magnum, Pulse Grenade, Auto Sentry, Fast Track, Ammo - For Spartan Ops, so I can get Xp capped for the day.

At the moment I'm making heavy use of the DMR, with a backup Magnum and Frag Grenades - the Magnum basically exists so I have something to trade away for any other weapons I find, but I prefer having it over the Plasma Pistol and Boltshot as I like to be versatile, and the Frags are because I like the ability to attack around corners (and because I literally can't stick people who aren't moving).

I'm also finding Regeneration Field to be very useful, it makes fighting multiple opponents much easier as I can try to takke them out one at a time and still have my shields fairly strong.

Mobility is my first perk, as I like to be able to escape when a fight isn't going well, though lately I've been playing with AA efficiency, which is a lot more useful in Objective games where because I like to defend I'm not running around so much. It just makes me that little bit harder to kill if the other team are attacking constantly instead of as one large group every minute or so.

The second perk I'm using when I have a mic is Scanner, as I like to be able to let my team know in advance when and how we're about to be attacked: it also means I can find targets with my DMR more quickly, and I'm less likely to be caught at close range unprepared. This changes to Ammo when I'm lone wolfing, as I prefer to hold onto my DMR for longer.

For infinity slayer :

Primary - DMR (good for close, medium, and long range general combat)

Secondary - boltshot (used in cqc maps such as adrift and certain hotspots in haven; two popular Infinity slayer maps. Also good used to have a quick takedown when used with radar properly)

Grenade - plasma (I can always get a sticky off to tag an oponent or damaged vehicle in case of impending death, guarantees me at least 1 kill)

AA - hologram (when used in conjunction with the boltshot and evading enemy fire the enemy ALWAYS tries to assassinate the blundering clone with no luck. This sets you up for a boltshot kill, a stick, or given proper conditions an assassination yourself. Best used to crouch to disappear from radar after you send out the hologram to not give away that there's not more of you on enemy radar.

Bonus ability - dexterity (those split seconds give you the advantage when engaging multiple enemies.

Special - mobility (provides map dominance especially in the beginning of each match. Excellent for hunting down ordinance to replace the boltshot with like the scattershot or the sword [perfect accent to the dmr] but also acceptable would be the saw or needler depending on play style)

Big team infinity slayer

Same as before but substitute these minor changes

Secondary - plasma pistol (the charges go quick but the payoff when facing banshees, mantis's, scorpions, or any other heavyweight on the field renders them is impeccable.

AA - replace hologram with jet pack. Not as important to send out diversions when you have 8 players on your team. Gaining battlefield dominance and being more menueverable is better. Especially when making use of any of the various sniper rifles.

My best load out is DMR, a suppressor, plasma grenades, promethean vision, Fire power and Dexterity.

I use it 4 everything

It depends less on the playlist and more on the playing style. It's good 4 BTB and slayer if i had 2 say a play list.

I made a small change 2 my master loadout. I got a boltshot instead of suppressor. W/ that i chnged the fire power tactical package to mobility. It was a great change. W/ the bolt shot im getting triple kills and stuff. It's not as good 4 BTB anymore though.

DMR

Boltshot or Plasma, depending on map

Frags

Hologram

Mobility

Stealth

It's amazing how many people will fall for a Hologram. When you have stealth especially, because prom vision can't see you, but it can see your hologram. It's just glorious! I use mobility to run to a power weapon at the beginning of a game, like a sniper on complex, sword on adrift, or my sticky detonator on haven haha. Mobility is great for giving chase and running away as well.

storm rifle

plasma pistol

plasma

jet pack

mobility

explosives

my go to I always start with, great for jet packin up as your team turns a corner. forcing the enemy to divide their attention. great with vehicles, just watch the radar and jump jet when appropriate. I've frozen wraiths in midair jus to jack it before it hits the ground. also incredibly handy for droppin some grenades into the middle of a battlefield to either soften enemies for finish off weakened ones. I do a lot of btb lately

My wargame loadout:

Depending on the playlist, Frag or Plasma. Usually frag, but plasma grenades are useful for BTB, for all of those warthog and ghosts running around.

Hologram

Firepower

Dexterity

The two guns I use for firepower are the BR and the DMR. I use these two because BR is better for mid- to close-range, while the DMR is good for mid- to long-range.

Spartan Ops loadout:

Plasma grenades; good for sticking those elites, hunters and promethean knights.

Regeneration Field

Firepower

Ammo

Same two guns, mostly because it doesn't really matter what I have in the beginning, since I usually trade my guns out for whatever the enemies drop.

(sidenote: I wish you could use your custom-skinned guns for set loadout playlists like SWAT and so forth.)

I only really use 2 loadouts, despite recently unlocking the 5th, I never used the 3rd and 4th.

I have a mid-range loadout that I use for 6-8 player games:

DMR, Magnum, Frags, Promethean Vision, Resupply, Explosives

I am trying the boltshot instead of the magnum atm, but I really don't see what's so special about that thing. I tend to keep my distance in all fights, so it just doesn't have a place in my playstyle. 343 did the right thing by decreasing the melee lunge. Now you can have a gun fight without wondering when the person will suddenly jet toward you around a corner and punch you (Had that happen in Reach, they lunged 5-6 feet, around a corner, and another 5-6 feet all in one lunge. No lag that game).

I also have a BTB loadout that I like quite a bit:

DMR, Plasmas PIstol, Plasma Grenades, Jet Pack, Ammo, Mobility

It has anti-vehicular abilities in the PP and Stickies, good map movement thanks to the jet pack + unlimited sprint, and of course a DMR cuz weapons haven't been balanced since Halo's inception.

I often consider changing the DMR into a lightrifle on the BTB set up, but I really don't like how that gun can't defend itself at any range but long. I also considered switching the jet pack for a thruster pack, since jet packs are much more limited in this game. I hate the thruster pack, but suspect the short burst of fast movement will have more application than the slower vertical jet pack - which received no where near the support in map design it did in Reach. Not to mention everyone complained until you couldn't even look up without hitting a soft kill zone.

My favorite pieces so far of any loadouts are probably the ammo and resupply upgrades. I love having all that ammo in BTB, where you frequently have to fight long range in one spot for most of the game. Picking up grenades has obvious application. 5 shot weapons means you leave every fight in a condition which WILL lose you your next fight, so having those grenades to shorten the fight helps a lot. It was always more effective to 'nade then headshot than to 4-shot in Halo 3, but it's absolutely necessary in Reach and Halo 4.

I find this loadout to be very good for FFA games, its kind of a jack of all trades loadout.

Primary: BR

Secondary: AR

Grenade: Frag

Ability: Jetpack

Tactical: Firepower

Support: Explosives

One might think a boltshot would be better than the assault rifle but that's not true. Its effective range is surprising for an automatic and in more CQC-ish matches I find it more useful than the BR all together.

guerrilla loadout:

dmr

ar

frag

hologram

firepower

dexterity

good at what it's name implies. pick a fight, run around the corner. at least one enemy follows, thinning their numbers. stop n send the hologram out, 80% of ppl try to assassinate the hologram. leaving their backs wide open to me. the other 20% shoot the hologram, giving me precious seconds to start unloading on them