How do you snipe?

Admiral Ackbar

This might stir up the hornet's nest. I'm not trying to do that. It's just an observation I've made while playing Halo. It seems like new snipers tend to stay stationary. As your skill progresses the snipers become mobile. I know when the Halo games come out, I'll start sniping staying stationary. Especially on maps I'm not too familiar with. However as you become more familiar with the maps and the game in general you start to move around more. That's just an observation I've had.

Slowly move up towards the enemy teams spawn and spawn kill. So aggressive sniper I guess. Never seen how the red dot helps at all.

Spawn Killing is almost unrealistic in Halo 4. The spawning system is much better than before, you will respawn mostly in a safe location. 343 Has also taken the sniping situation and made it a little harder for people to just grab a sniper and start sniping away. They have tried to make it so the sniper will have to strategically re-position himself before raining bullets ;).

Slowly move up towards the enemy teams spawn and spawn kill. So aggressive sniper I guess. Never seen how the red dot helps at all.

It is a lot harder to do that in this. Like the it was stated before the Spawn system stops that from happening. I don't know how many times you have a team held down at their base, and all of the sudden the secondary spawn points kick into effect and it throws everything off balance.