How do you snipe?

Admiral Ackbar

In every FPS there are a couple different ways to snipe. This applies to the Halo series as well. Including Halo 4. Are you a mobile sniper or more of a stationary sniper? Both have their perks.

If you're mobile you are a harder target and have a broader view of the map. The downsides, a lot of movement means running across open spaces which can result in a death. Also it can be hard to line up a head shot while on the run.

While stationary you can have a decent view of the map (depending on your location). You can line up your shots easier to get the head shot. However, once people see your location it's really easy to find you. Also their are only so many good sniper positions, and people know where those are.

What kind of sniper are you?

I definitely prefer to move around the map and I usually swipe my shots, not a lot of lining up shots involved. Mobile play style = more fast-paced gameplay for everybody that way. Although if I need to I can adjust my playing style to fit the slower-paced stationary style of playing.

I do not have a set sniper style. I am not the person who grabs the snipers and thinks they HAVE to use it right away and setup on a map or use it as a primary weapon right away. I pick it up, survey the map. If I see no one, I simply pull out my DMR/BR and carry on. I will post up if I have to, an example of when I would post up is in King of the Hill. The hill is in a momentary stationary spot for a KNOWN amount of time. I know where people will be, therefore it is deemed useless to travel and snipe unless you have been compromised. Unless you have a good team, then even becoming compromised will not necessarily yield a movement. Now, if it is slayer I will do as I mentioned first. Oddball would be a sort of hybrid position for me. I would want to post up high to kill off enemies before they have the chance to get close, but we also must be on the move. If you have played Halo long enough you would know that the spawns are not perfect and you must move toward your spawning team mates.

I am stationary. However, I am always on the move. When I get a kill, I sneak away to another location with active camo up. I know my shot's location will be given away by the kill cam and my prior kill will come snooping around. So I find another good spot after 2 or 3 kills.

Do you use active camo while sniping? or just for moving from spot to spot?