FFA Throwback and kill wh*res

popje

So yeah, there one thing that bother me since halo 2, the halo community is divided in half in objectives competitive matchmaking. There are the good players who want to win, have fun and there the kill wh*res, who are as good as the other players, but just play to get kills and dont score any flag, oddball or koth points. This is something that will screw the fun out of FFA throwback for a lot of players. How to fix it ? its simple, when you look at someone service record, there should be a new tab named, FFA throwback and it show the percentage of your games that you finished first, second, third, etc, as well as your k/d ratio for this playlist, that is not counted in your overall k/d ratio. This way, everyone will actually try to win instead of just having the most kills regardless of the objective.

Anyone who is a bit competitive care about their stats, especially the stats that everyone can see by looking in your service record, and the only thing that show a player skills right now is the k/d ratio, wich is totally fine for slayers, but not for objectives games.

ya is really annoying on ragnorock CTF no one even goes for the flag.........................gets annoying fast.

At the same time, I dont think they can fix kill wh*res for all playlists since CTF is really team-oriented and people who play alone, even if they go for the flag, will be penalized if they use the same system as I suggested for FFA throwback. There probably a different solution for team-objectives games though.

This is something that happened in Halo 3 a lot as well. Nothing can be done about it. In Halo 3 in the Multi Team playlist I was a big offender of this. I was a Brig General so I didn't care about EXP, I just wanted to get a lot of kills and try to make clips for montages. If you don't like it then just go for the objective. It's FFA so who cares if they're just going for kills. It's gonna happen either way and the less people going for the objective the better for you.

This is why 343 needs to base the competitive skill rank system on wins and losses for the most part in team games and K/D ratio needs to be a lesser part. There are more important things than K/D when determining how good someone is in team games even though many would like to think so. I think K/D should be a major factor in FFA but I think slayer gametypes should constitute a majority of FFA.