Halo 4 Suggested Playlist Sorting

HyBRiDx

So having a single list of playlists seems a bit redundant to say the least especially when you have to scroll to see a playlist, that's not very good in terms of HCI, as you should always be able to see the playlists at first glance.

In my mind the way Halo 3/Reach separated the playlists into groupings makes the lists much more manageable and dynamic. Below are suggestions to playlist groupings with suggested defaults and maps for use.

CSR Playlist

FFA Standard - Mainly slayer with lower chance of objective types.

Team Slayer - Basic team slayer

Team Snipers - Team snipers

Team SWAT - Team SWAT (1 loadout only?)

MLG - TBA see my suggestions for playlists as a whole below. (Small maps + community maps)

Doubles - See below as well

All CSR playlists should playout as classic Halo games (same loadout at start, weapons on map, no abilities? no ordinance, reach kill limit not score)

Unranked

Slayer playlists

Infinity slayer

Big team infinity slayer

Multiteam

Unranked FFA (rumble pit)

Objective playlists

CTF

Oddball

Big team objective

Skirmish

Community

Griffball

Action sack

Flood

If you want to add any suggestions or questions please leave a response below.

Halo 4 Experience

- Infinity Slayer

inc; Infinity Slayer, Infinity Slayer Pro, SWAT**

-Infinity Objective

inc; King of the Hill, Oddball, Dominion, Capture the Flag, Extraction

- Infinity Big Team

inc; Big Team Slayer, Capture the Flag, Flood?

Playlists would use default Halo 4 settings

Throwback Experience

-Team Slayer

inc; Team Slayer, Team BR's, Team DMR's**

-Team Objective

inc; King of the Hill, Oddball, Assault, Territories*, Stockpile*

-Lone Wolves

inc; Free For All Slayer, Swords, Juggernaut*, Headhunter*/Regicide

Uses Halo 3 settings, DMR only available on Reach Gamemodes

Join in progress is not allowed

Sprint and all abilities are disabled; including gameplay modifiers

Killcam is Disabled

Community content is allowed; Remakes ONLY

Ranked

- Team Slayer

- Team Doubles

- FFA

- MLG

Community Content is allowed

Join in progress is not allowed

Ranked playlists would have to be tested in order to ensure the maximum team effort experience and thoroughly examined to ensure the best settings are set so some serious game play action can occur. I personally think Ranked playlists should use Halo 3 settings.

Community Playlists

- Weekly rota of playlists

inc; Community Slayer, Community Big Team, Grifball, Infection, Team Snipers, FFA type games and anything the community enjoys

Rules of the playlist would vary on what playlist is currently available. e.g. Killcam disabled for Team Snipers, enabled in Free For All.

*Gametype does not currently exist, Please note that 343 and Bungie ensured the engine that Halo 4 uses is quite capable of quickly recreating gametypes. So such gametypes are a possibility

**Unsure whether it would work or people would enjoy it.

EDIT: Infinity Slayer and Infinity Objective could easily be merged into one playlist as could Team Slayer and Team objective in the throwback playlists and a Pre-Halo 4 version of Big Team Slayer could be added to Infinity Big Team.

Seems a good playlist selection though Snipers needs to be in there somewhere :P

Definitely agree with having classic/throwback experience included somewhere

I put it in the Community/weekly playlist slot. Using Team snipers in there would give people a chance to submit team sniper maps, I feel that with such gametypes we should utilize the community to make them even better!

I put it in the Community/weekly playlist slot. Using Team snipers in there would give people a chance to submit team sniper maps, I feel that with such gametypes we should utilize the community to make them even better!

Ah yes i must have missed it there. I think that 343 need to push more to work with the community for maps, gametypes etc in the coming days. Forge is feeling under used so far, and though there is no forge world there are still some forge maps that can used to improve playlist map selecttions

Ah yes i must have missed it there. I think that 343 need to push more to work with the community for maps, gametypes etc in the coming days. Forge is feeling under used so far, and though there is no forge world there are still some forge maps that can used to improve playlist map selecttions

It's all in the patience, I don't think we'll see anything such as this till Post-Christmas. The launch experience and current overall experience would of been so much better if we just had a Halo 4 Beta.

We're just going to have to wait and see :(