halo 4 servers down..reset to SR1?

Chr0nicconfusion

7 days now.........just got off the phone with microsoft. Tried everything with my console and modem except standing on my head while twiddling my thumbs (maybe I should have tried that). NOTHING WORKED!!!!!!!! This is long past being frustrating.

Black Ops 2 here I come......

MG66

This is an issue that has effected random people from the release of the game, it seems that once it has happened to you it will never repeat, I had the issue back in late Novemeber, then a friends up the road from me had it in december and then another friend just as close had it in january.

Whatever the cause or issue, when it arises certain people get picked at random and get thrown on a backup server of sorts to relieve stress on the main ones. Who gets picked is random and the amount of time it lasts can be weeks or hours.

It has been a constant issue from the start and they have not fixed it, it is just a case of your time has come and gone and so it will happen to someone else lol..

MAybe theres something wrong in your country because I have no problems at all!

Its not country based or related, its not even about your connection strength, having friends in my area using the same service provider and package some of us have had the issue and others have not. But once it stopped it never started again.

There is sonething else causing it and it seems to be a case of they need to cool off the no. of players for some reason so they shove a few onto a backup system... now this is just how it seems i have no facts beyond what I and others have or have not experienced..

I too came back online WED 9 JAN 13. I was emailing back and forth with a MS support tech when it came back on. I asked what he did so I could repost it for all to possibly fix their connections but he told me he didn't do anything. All he was doing was looking at my account and it started working.

By coincidence, 343i went back to work on 9 JAN........

Regardless, I'm happy to be back. I sincerely hope 343i addresses this issue because like ProudDrunkIrish (cool name BTW) said, this issue will just keep happening.

MG66

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is no fix or answer, happens to everyone for some amount of time, it could happen for a week or a day but once it stops it stops forever.

Where you are from, your connection etc. does not matter. It just picks people at random as far as anyone can tell. Best of luck and look on the brightside once its done its done

• 2 weeks later...

There is no fix or answer, happens to everyone for some amount of time, it could happen for a week or a day but once it stops it stops forever.

Where you are from, your connection etc. does not matter. It just picks people at random as far as anyone can tell. Best of luck and look on the brightside once its done its done

This is simply not true. The servers are currently down for me, and I have had this happen on several occasions. It's starting to bug me when I find some free time to play Halo and I can't even enjoy the experience because of server issues.

I made an account simply to state that it does NOT just happen to people once, this is the second or third time I have had the server down. It is a horrible issue and to say it's to relieve stress off of the main servers is a joke because not that many people play Halo 4... I hope 343 fixes this soon, or at least have the decency to update us with what is going on.

This is completely rediculous an absolute out rage. Yea Bungie had problems but at least they communicated with the players. This is our "multiplayer of the year"? I'm insulted by the very statement. These were big shoes to fill and 343 did a piss poor job. Reach is hands down a better game. 343, pull your thumbs out of your @ss and hop to. Minor screw ups are okay but this is down right wrong. We pay for xbox live we pay for the "multiplayer of the year" and for what? You to try and serve us a steaming plate of feces? Well if you think for one damn second I'm going to even take a bite of the steaming log you call a game you're sorely mistaken. Man the hell up fix the problem issue an appology and in the future conduct yourselves in a decent manner of business. A million dollar game and your just raken in money without a concern for your consumers, the hell is wrong with you. Not cool man! Not cool.

• Like 1

This is completely rediculous an absolute out rage. Yea Bungie had problems but at least they communicated with the players. This is our "multiplayer of the year"? I'm insulted by the very statement. These were big shoes to fill and 343 did a piss poor job. Reach is hands down a better game. 343, pull your thumbs out of your @ss and hop to. Minor screw ups are okay but this is down right wrong. We pay for xbox live we pay for the "multiplayer of the year" and for what? You to try and serve us a steaming plate of feces? Well if you think for one damn second I'm going to even take a bite of the steaming log you call a game you're sorely mistaken. Man the hell up fix the problem issue an appology and in the future conduct yourselves in a decent manner of business. A million dollar game and your just raken in money without a concern for your consumers, the hell is wrong with you. Not cool man! Not cool.

are you them do you know how to run there job you don't know how hard it is to do something that went offline with out a warning 343 may do bad things but you have know ideal what they can be doing it might be hard to fix's it.

i understand no loadout and cheaters but for the sake of halo 4 give them a break first year something like this happens your on them like rabid dogs so just let 343 do what they do and you just leave them alone.

8 hours is a long time for the servers to be down. A few hours is understandable, but 8 hours on a Friday night, is going to have a lot of people upset. You can get updates about the current server issue here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Although it doesn't look like there has been an update for a few hours now....

Hurry up, we wanna play! :blushing:

I won't be purchasing another Halo if its released by 343/Microsoft. Can't wait for the new Bungie game "Destiny".

The next two are being made my 343/Microsoft, so it looks like we'll have one less bk running around Halo. Can't say I'm saddened.

More on topic, I hear that it was actually a rogue group of Covenant Brutes attacking Live's H4 servers. We'll have to wait and see if the rumors are true.