Camping: Strategy or No?

Admiral Ackbar

It seems to me that more and more players are camping in the Halo matches. Sitting in a corner with a shotgun waiting for someone to walk by. Whenever this happens to me and I get killed I get pretty upset. It seems like a "cheap" thing to do, or something that is just flat out annoying. But I started thinking. Is it really cheap, is it really a novice move, or is it an actual strategy?

In past games it was always considered a novice move (newb, noob) move. In other gaming franchises it's also considered a noob move. However in this Halo, with the upgraded armor mods, can it be called a strategy? You can have the active camo armor ability so you're invisible to passerby, which certainly aids in camping. Also it does take a certain amount of patience to sit in one spot and wait for people.

I'll admit, I've tried to camp, and I just can't seem to do it. I get to impatient. So I'm not sure what to think about camping. Is it becoming a strategy in online shooters, or is it something that is truly a noob tool? I'm interested to see what others think.

It seems to me that more and more players are camping in the Halo matches. Sitting in a corner with a shotgun waiting for someone to walk by. Whenever this happens to me and I get killed I get pretty upset. It seems like a "cheap" thing to do, or something that is just flat out annoying. But I started thinking. Is it really cheap, is it really a novice move, or is it an actual strategy?

In past games it was always considered a novice move (newb, noob) move. In other gaming franchises it's also considered a noob move. However in this Halo, with the upgraded armor mods, can it be called a strategy? You can have the active camo armor ability so you're invisible to passerby, which certainly aids in camping. Also it does take a certain amount of patience to sit in one spot and wait for people.

I'll admit, I've tried to camp, and I just can't seem to do it. I get to impatient. So I'm not sure what to think about camping. Is it becoming a strategy in online shooters, or is it something that is truly a noob tool? I'm interested to see what others think.

Camping is of course a strategy. Is it one that takes brains or skill to use? Of course not! But then, neither does choosing to spawn with an AR and charging at people with the trigger held down, but people do that everyday too.

depending on the game type and/or situation in the game I think camping has its place in Halo. However, as a general rule, I don't know why anyone would want to camp in a fast paced game like Halo because you're more likely to get more kills roaming around. The odds of large volumes of people walking directly by your camp spot is highly unlikely.

rush people with the ar on spawns? heee....... and camp on halo for me it's like being a pain in the ass for the enemy team and sure it makes you gain and keep map control.... but rush enemy spawn with any assault rifle? you serious?

• Like 2

depending on the game type and/or situation in the game I think camping has its place in Halo. However, as a general rule, I don't know why anyone would want to camp in a fast paced game like Halo because you're more likely to get more kills roaming around. The odds of large volumes of people walking directly by your camp spot is highly unlikely.

On Smaller maps, like Haven, camping can be much more effective. I don't see many people camping on larger maps like Ragnarok or Longbow.

rush people with the ar on spawns? heee....... and camp on halo for me it's like being a pain in the ass for the enemy team and sure it makes you gain and keep map control.... but rush enemy spawn with any assault rifle? you serious?

Maybe you should reread my post...

I may get bashed for this comment, but imo straight camping one area of the map for an entire match is just a way for lesser skilled players to get a few kills. Granted it can be a strategy for smaller maps as mentioned above, thats just my broad opinion of the subject without taking the map being played on into consideration.

Yea like it or not camping is a strategy. Now keeping control of an area of the map can be called "camping on the move" and a lot of people do that.

this...

i don't know if that " camping on the move" it is a bad thing but yeah a lot of people doit and... they usualy win the match....how sad..

this...

i don't know if that " camping on the move" it is a bad thing but yeah a lot of people doit and... they usualy win the match....how sad..

When I play with my friends we tend to do that. Stick together so the other team can't pick us off one by one. We don't really stay in one area, we move around the map. It's a great strategy. But I'm not sure if I'd call that camping.