No more humour in Halo D:

BumblePumpkin

One of the main reasons I love Halo so much is because it's a light-hearted game with tons of humorous qualities. In Halo 4 it seems to me like that light-heartedness has been taken out completely.

The new Halo is great, don't get me wrong, but it just seems to me like they made it far too serious and competitive.

There are no funny or non-competitive gametypes and even though it's only week 2, it still doesn't seem like they care about anything but competitiveness. I miss knocking fusion coils off the grav lift in Valhalla and it splattering or betraying someone. x'D

While it's arguable that certain things were IMPROVED such as taking betrayals out of Infinity Slayer, it just doesn't feel like Halo to me. Betrayals and goofy little things you could do was what made me REALLY enjoy Halo over anything else. You can't even be an Elite anymore just because people complained about it. I never had a problem with killing elites, as long as you were good at the game, they'd go down like anyone else.

Now it just feels like someone took Halo and zapped all the funny things out of it and put it on the starters path of every other competitive game out there. I'm a little worried for the future of Halo a bit. Halo 2 is still my favourite and I hope they look to that game for inspiration since it focused on FUN and not how high you can climb in ranks or how "cool" your Spartan or Elite looked.. ;o

I may just be rambling on, but I just wanted to know if anyone else feels the same way.

One of the main reasons I love Halo so much is because it's a light-hearted game with tons of humorous qualities. In Halo 4 it seems to me like that light-heartedness has been taken out completely.

The new Halo is great, don't get me wrong, but it just seems to me like they made it far too serious and competitive.

There are no funny or non-competitive gametypes and even though it's only week 2, it still doesn't seem like they care about anything but competitiveness. I miss knocking fusion coils off the grav lift in Valhalla and it splattering or betraying someone. x'D

While it's arguable that certain things were IMPROVED such as taking betrayals out of Infinity Slayer, it just doesn't feel like Halo to me. Betrayals and goofy little things you could do was what made me REALLY enjoy Halo over anything else. You can't even be an Elite anymore just because people complained about it. I never had a problem with killing elites, as long as you were good at the game, they'd go down like anyone else.

Now it just feels like someone took Halo and zapped all the funny things out of it and put it on the starters path of every other competitive game out there. I'm a little worried for the future of Halo a bit. Halo 2 is still my favourite and I hope they look to that game for inspiration since it focused on FUN and not how high you can climb in ranks or how "cool" your Spartan or Elite looked.. ;o

I may just be rambling on, but I just wanted to know if anyone else feels the same way.

Either this is the biggest troll post ever or ..... idk what else.

Halo has gone the exact opposite in terms of competitiveness. Its kinda silly to say otherwise when Halo 2/3 where really big MLG games which Reach and probably H4 failhard.

Either this is the biggest troll post ever or ..... idk what else.

Halo has gone the exact opposite in terms of competitiveness. Its kinda silly to say otherwise when Halo 2/3 where really big MLG games which Reach and probably H4 failhard.

Halo reach is what braught Halo OUT of mlg......also dont call anyone you disagree with a troll. It makes you look like you dont know how to debate competently

Halo reach is what braught Halo OUT of mlg......also dont call anyone you disagree with a troll. It makes you look like you dont know how to debate competently

Ya, you are 100% right, it brought Halo out of MLG and into the casual sphere of other games like CoD

I agree. One of my favorite game types in Halo 3 was Rocket Race, Team Melee and Fiesta. Those were some of the best game types that didn't require you to win to have some fun. Rocket Race above all was my favorite. Only dying if you got assassinated and having unlimited ammo in your rocket launcher being able to blow people off the map or send them flying was so much fun. Flood doesn't even compare to what zombies in Halo 3 was. Only having like 7-8 people isn't fun. You need like 12-16 people to have some real fun and get rid of the Flood having AA. Zombies was fun because of the sheer number of enemies coming at you.

I agree. One of my favorite game types in Halo 3 was Rocket Race, Team Melee and Fiesta. Those were some of the best game types that didn't require you to win to have some fun. Rocket Race above all was my favorite. Only dying if you got assassinated and having unlimited ammo in your rocket launcher being able to blow people off the map or send them flying was so much fun. Flood doesn't even compare to what zombies in Halo 3 was. Only having like 7-8 people isn't fun. You need like 12-16 people to have some real fun and get rid of the Flood having AA. Zombies was fun because of the sheer number of enemies coming at you.

Exactly! This is what I'm talking about ;o

what grunts don't say funny things anymore? thats what i liked the most

Ja, they took out the funny dialogue. NONE of the aliens speak English :/

I think they did that because these specific covenant never learned English or whatever, but it still kinda took away the feeling of funniness and added a sense of hostility that was already present with the Promethean's.

You know what I kinda do. Playing Halo 3 I used to laugh and smile all the time, and now i find myself getting angry.

Yeah, I used to laugh at a ton of stuff on Halo 3 in campaign AND multiplayer both. There was just so many little things that made you appreciate the game more. In Halo 4 I find multiplayer STRICTLY competitive and nothing else.