XP Caps. Please DO read 343

RaTeD Pr0digies

Hi there 343 employees (If you even read these) and members of the community,

After reading through all the topics about this XP cap/ban that has been places and coming from experience mostly we all hate it. For myself I have been banned about 3-5 times and it is frustrating because like myself I enjoy playing the Spartan Ops online and due to getting a average of 6000 XP as you can tell I cap it very quick. And once you have capped there is no fun in playing the game unless it is campaign because there is no reward in what you have achieved in the games. Yes there will be haters out there who say "Just don't play as much" or "Go outside and do something else with your life". Yes trust me I do this because doing Spartan Ops it only takes about 3 hours to hit the XP cap.

So I have some advice if you take it in or not. The advice is that go back and look at the past Halo's and see how they have dealt with this problem. For example Halo Reach has used, that when you rank up the XP cap is increased and so on, or you could just simply raise the cap higher then what it is currently at.

I understand that the game is only new and has only been out for 20 days but saying that people are getting into the higher ranks and they need more XP. So please help all of us out by increasing or changing this cap.

Thank you for reading.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

And not only that. If you accept the cap/ban and just decide to keep playing because you like the game, the challenges won't give you xp.

Yesterday I hit the Xp Cap within 2-3 hours after 00:00 (reset), and within the other 22-21 hours of the day, I completed the monthly challenge (winner takes everything) which should have given me 17K xp. But NO! YOU WILL NOT GET THAT!!!

So if the Xp cap should stay, they should atleast let us get xp rewards from challenges after we hit the xp cap.. Coz else we're not going to play their game.

So if the Xp cap should stay, they should atleast let us get xp rewards from challenges after we hit the xp cap.. Coz else we're not going to play their game.

It would be interesting if the XP cap stayed as it was, but once we reached the cap we could only receive XP for challenges and commendations. That way, not only do people have a reason to play, but the idea of the XP cap, for people not to level up too quickly, is still present.

I can hit the level cap in just around 70 minutes.

If you run Spartan Ops, with double xp going, you can get 12000 xp in 10 minutes.

So what do you do the rest of the day? Lol.

Really? That's how you want to play Halo, by grinding out Spartan Ops, even though you know that you'll hit cap?

Sounds like a really crappy plan to me. Go play War Games. Stop playing Halo like you would play WoW.

Hi there 343 employees (If you even read these) and members of the community,

After reading through all the topics about this XP cap/ban that has been places and coming from experience mostly we all hate it. For myself I have been banned about 3-5 times and it is frustrating because like myself I enjoy playing the Spartan Ops online and due to getting a average of 6000 XP as you can tell I cap it very quick. And once you have capped there is no fun in playing the game unless it is campaign because there is no reward in what you have achieved in the games. Yes there will be haters out there who say "Just don't play as much" or "Go outside and do something else with your life". Yes trust me I do this because doing Spartan Ops it only takes about 3 hours to hit the XP cap.

So I have some advice if you take it in or not. The advice is that go back and look at the past Halo's and see how they have dealt with this problem. For example Halo Reach has used, that when you rank up the XP cap is increased and so on, or you could just simply raise the cap higher then what it is currently at.

I understand that the game is only new and has only been out for 20 days but saying that people are getting into the higher ranks and they need more XP. So please help all of us out by increasing or changing this cap.

Thank you for reading.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Wow, really? So there is no point in playing the game if you can't rank up? How about the fun factor? You only play to gain? I look back at the other Halos and it were really Halo 3 and Reach that offered rewards for playing. Halo CE and 2 didn't give you crap, but I still put many hours into those games. I wouldn't care if I reached the cap in an hour. I'd still be playing afterward because the game is still fun.

• Like 1

Wow, really? So there is no point in playing the game if you can't rank up? How about the fun factor? You only play to gain? I look back at the other Halos and it were really Halo 3 and Reach that offered rewards for playing. Halo CE and 2 didn't give you crap, but I still put many hours into those games. I wouldn't care if I reached the cap in an hour. I'd still be playing afterward because the game is still fun.

Haters gotta hate don't they, I play to rank and show what I have achieved. Yes i still play once I hit the cap but when getting commendations and challenges you get nothing and personally i think its unfair. Get the weekly on the cap oh wait for all your hard work you get **** all. So thats my point.

Gotta say I get why they put the cap but I disagree with it.

I hit it for the first time tonight. Problem I have with it was I got 2 commendations during the game that I hit the cap on that were worth about 4000xp. I had a total of 11900xp with Double xp for that game as well. I only got 1000xp for the game that counted though, so out of a total 15900 or so xp I only got 1000. I get the game xp being capped but the commendation xp should not be IMO. I enjoy the hell out of the game but don't want to waste xp like that especially if I get a commendation, so I have to stop for the night to avoid wasting the commendation's xp. Oh well is what it is.

I made it all the way to SR45 without using a single DoubleXP game but decided to try it for the hell of it. Now I wasted 2 DoubleXP games. One where I hit the cap the other from trying the bypass that did not work for me. :angry:

It would be interesting if the XP cap stayed as it was, but once we reached the cap we could only receive XP for challenges and commendations. That way, not only do people have a reason to play, but the idea of the XP cap, for people not to level up too quickly, is still present.

I agree but furthermore, XBOX LIVE SHOULD INFORM THE GAMER WHEN THEY ARE ABOUT TO MAX OUT THEIR XP CAP!!!!