Games Should NEVER Start Uneven

Cortar

HOW did this get past their quality control team? Were their game testers caffeine addicted, ADD riddled, 8 year olds who couldn't wait more than 5 seconds before the next match started? I can't think of any sane person who would rather the game started as a 3v4 or 5v6 rather than wait the extra minute or two to find that last person (especially on objective-type maps). This is seriously scary bad design....

HOW did this get past their quality control team? Were their game testers caffeine addicted, ADD riddled, 8 year olds who couldn't wait more than 5 seconds before the next match started? I can't think of any sane person who would rather the game started as a 3v4 or 5v6 rather than wait the extra minute or two to find that last person (especially on objective-type maps). This is seriously scary bad design....

You do realize that some people are not always going to be able to play 2 or more matches, right?

Secondly, how do you know they even WANT to play a second match?

Thirdly, there is something called 'Join Session In Progress' that was implemented in this game, you realized that to, right?

Fourthly, there is always going to be games that start uneven and there is absolutely no way to circumvent that fact. If YOU had the patience to play the game for an extra minute and give someone a time to join, then maybe your problem will be solved.

Fifthly, calling people a bunch of '8-year olds' is very immature and is not helping anybody. Just because they quit a match (in-game or lobby) doesn't make them an 8-year old. Are YOU an 8-year old freak who don't know nothing about game mechanics. Didn't think so.

This person doesn't have the patience himself and doesn't know how joining matches work. Thanks.

You do realize that some people are not always going to be able to play 2 or more matches, right?

Thirdly, there is something called 'Join Session In Progress' that was implemented in this game, you realized that to, right?

Fourthly, there is always going to be games that start uneven and there is absolutely no way to circumvent that fact. If YOU had the patience to play the game for an extra minute and give someone a time to join, then maybe your problem will be solved.

Fifthly, calling people a bunch of '8-year olds' is very immature and is not helping anybody. Just because they quit a match (in-game or lobby) doesn't make them an 8-year old. Are YOU an 8-year old freak who don't know nothing about game mechanics. Didn't think so.

This person doesn't have the patience himself and doesn't know how joining matches work. Thanks.

Thank you for saying everything that I would have said. ;)

1) What?

2) what????

3) Yes, but nobody really likes that, do you like joining a game where the enemy team already has a flag halfway across the map, a full mantis, snipers, etc, while your team has nothing.

4) They rarely did in Halo 3. And just bc they might start uneven because of a leaver shouldn't mean that the system will just start an uneven games even if they dont have leavers. Waiting an extra minute outside of the game is completely different from waiting an extra minute INSIDE.

5) The people who can't wait an extra minute are the immature ones. I know plenty about game mechanics, you are obviously the one lacking in knowledge.

1) What?

2) what????

3) Yes, but nobody really likes that, do you like joining a game where the enemy team already has a flag halfway across the map, a full mantis, snipers, etc, while your team has nothing.

4) They rarely did in Halo 3. And just bc they might start uneven because of a leaver shouldn't mean that the system will just start an uneven games even if they dont have leavers. Waiting an extra minute outside of the game is completely different from waiting an extra minute INSIDE.

5) The people who can't wait an extra minute are the immature ones. I know plenty about game mechanics, you are obviously the one lacking in knowledge.

1) Idiot

2) Idiot

3) Idiot, I like it, other people like it. I've stated it in many threads: It just needs some tweeking

4) What in the damned HELL are you talking about? What you've stated doesn't even make sense! In Halo 3, if a leaver leaves in the pre-game lobby, the game starts uneven idiot.

5) Idiot, you are the immature one. As I said before (which you idiotically didn't get), not everybody is going to be able to play a second match. Again, there is a 'Join Session In Progress' made so those 'leavers' will quickly be replaced.

Seriously, you are the one who don't know how game mechanics work and how life works. I'm not a game maker (I'm a 17-year old high school junior), but if you expect everyone to stay in the lobby even though they can now be replaced, you have some serious mental issues.

:thumbsdown:

Eh, I agree with the OP. I think most people would rather wait the extra 30 seconds than get put into a 2v4. It's just... Very unHalo. It's something Halo has never done. And for good reason.

Join in session is fine, but really, just take the time to find a proper match up. ESPECIALLY on objective.

1) Idiot

2) Idiot

3) Idiot, I like it, other people like it. I've stated it in many threads: It just needs some tweeking

4) What in the damned HELL are you talking about? What you've stated doesn't even make sense! In Halo 3, if a leaver leaves in the pre-game lobby, the game starts uneven idiot.

5) Idiot, you are the immature one. As I said before (which you idiotically didn't get), not everybody is going to be able to play a second match. Again, there is a 'Join Session In Progress' made so those 'leavers' will quickly be replaced.

Seriously, you are the one who don't know how game mechanics work and how life works. I'm not a game maker (I'm a 17-year old high school junior), but if you expect everyone to stay in the lobby even though they can now be replaced, you have some serious mental issues.

:thumbsdown:

Maybe you should actually explain your nonsensical replies before calling people idiots...

3) You can't just 'tweak' something that is inherently broken.

(4) YOU DONT UNDERSTAND, the system will start even if there were leavers!!! If the system finds a group of 3 and a group of 4, sometimes it will just flat out start, no leavers involved at all!

5) What does this have to do with anything?

I see no reason why there isn't a leave penalty like the previous Halo games. Regardless if someone can replace you or not, ragequitting because you suck/didnt get a weapon you wanted/didnt get a vehicle you wanted/whatever should NOT be an acceptable thing.

I would really rather play 5v6 than wait 2 minutes. A lot of people do not have the time to spend half their playing time in pre game lobby waiting for the perfect match up, just because they cant wait does not mean they are immature they just sometimes dont have as much time as you.

Often times when games DO start uneven in H4 players are already joining in by the time I take a few steps. Not always though the JIS still needs tweaking though, but what else doesnt.

Well, but here's the thing.

It worked FINE in Halo 2, 3, and Reach did it not? The part about FINDING a match? I mean, I don't recall it often taking much longer than it does in H4 to find a game. If someone leaves afterwards, great, replace them. But I don't see what's so hard about the old method of searching for players. It worked. It still does. It can with H4.

Well, but here's the thing.

It worked FINE in Halo 2, 3, and Reach did it not? The part about FINDING a match? I mean, I don't recall it often taking much longer than it does in H4 to find a game. If someone leaves afterwards, great, replace them. But I don't see what's so hard about the old method of searching for players. It worked. It still does. It can with H4.

It sometimes took me a while in Halo 3 to find matches, I find matches quicker in H4 generally.

I would really rather play 5v6 than wait 2 minutes. A lot of people do not have the time to spend half their playing time in pre game lobby waiting for the perfect match up, just because they cant wait does not mean they are immature they just sometimes dont have as much time as you.

Often times when games DO start uneven in H4 players are already joining in by the time I take a few steps. Not always though the JIS still needs tweaking though, but what else doesnt.

Hm, so most games take 4 minutes for you? Maybe you should stop rage quitting at the beginning of every match... Often times =/= all times. Uneven starts are 0% acceptable.

This is what I've been trying to tell Cortar, but he doesn't seem to understand this.

He even idiotically mentioned that the game starts, regardless of who left. Does he really think the game is going to just sit for half a minute, ready to start the game because 2 players left? This guy is such a dummy. There is a 'Join Session In Progress' for a reason.

Also, he even thinks that even though we have the JIP system, we still need to be punished. How dumb can he be? No game should have a quit penalty for ANY reason. Sure, some people might ragequit, but they only do it so they won't get angry and slap their xbox, sometimes physically scratching the disk.

Cortar, you are a stinking idiot. Whether or not ragequitting is unacceptable, nobody is going to be punished for it because the issue has been resolved.

Also, a 'inherently broken' system CAN be tweeked. All they have to do is make it so you don't just join a game that is 90% from being over.

If you have the patience to wait until another player joined the game, you will know that no penalty is needed for quitting. 343 Industries isn't in the business of virtual game truancy suppression.

I'm not even going to call you an idiot anymore. I'm just going to call you a 'dumbass'. Thanks.

Edit: I'm sorry if I'm offending you, but please, I need you to understand that nobody needs to be punished for quitting anymore.

This is what I've been trying to tell Cortar, but he doesn't seem to understand this.

He even idiotically mentioned that the game starts, regardless of who left. Does he really think the game is going to just sit for half a minute, ready to start the game because 2 players left? This guy is such a dummy. There is a 'Join Session In Progress' for a reason.

Also, he even thinks that even though we have the JIP system, we still need to be punished. How dumb can he be? No game should have a quit penalty for ANY reason. Sure, some people might ragequit, but they only do it so they won't get angry and slap their xbox, sometimes physically scratching the disk.

Lol, okay. You must be one of THOSE people. The kind of person who can't play a game through because he gets too mad or starts losing and just up and quits. Okay, this makes a lot more sense now. Let me guess, you got banned in all the games that do punish people like you?

Cortar, you are a stinking idiot. Whether or not ragequitting is unacceptable, nobody is going to be punished for it because the issue has been resolved.

Also, a 'inherently broken' system CAN be tweeked. All they have to do is make it so you don't just join a game that is 90% from being over.

That is not enough, 2-3 minutes of uneven gameplay can end a game. Look at Dominion, heck a MINUTE of 5v6 can literally end the game. Games like CTF are the same, and even slayer to an extent.

If you have the patience to wait until another player joined the game, you will know that no penalty is needed for quitting. 343 Industries isn't in the business of virtual game truancy suppression.

I'm not even going to call you an idiot anymore. I'm just going to call you a 'dumbass'. Thanks.

Edit: I'm sorry if I'm offending you, but please, I need you to understand that nobody needs to be punished for quitting anymore.

You are the one without patience...

"Boo hoo hoo, I get banned because I leave all of the time because my mommy makes me do chores and then threatens to unplug my internet!"

^ what you sound like.

Lol, okay. You must be one of THOSE people. The kind of person who can't play a game through because he gets too mad or starts losing and just up and quits. Okay, this makes a lot more sense now. Let me guess, you got banned in all the games that do punish people like you?

That is not enough, 2-3 minutes of uneven gameplay can end a game. Look at Dominion, heck a MINUTE of 5v6 can literally end the game. Games like CTF are the same, and even slayer to an extent.

You are the one without patience...

"Boo hoo hoo, I get banned because I leave all of the time because my mommy makes me do chores and then threatens to unplug my internet!"

^ what you sound like.

I laugh every single time you made a false assumption that I get banned from games. You're such a dumb monkey, yiou know that?

Now don't get too excessive with the insults and the assumptions. KK?

I laugh every single time you made a false assumption that I get banned from games. You're such a dumb monkey, yiou know that?

Now don't get too excessive with the insults and the assumptions. KK?

Says the person who calls me a dumbass instead of actually countering any of my points...

I didn't really feel like countering your points because I didn't want this to turn into a big flame war over a JIP system.

The entire point of a forum is to discuss stuff. Not just say "I disagree then run away behind insults"

Unless you want to actually discuss things then gtfo