Halo 5's Story already being discussed

Adam91

1fee1cf86299533404f6b3744024b846.jpg

There have been talks discussing what halo 5's story will be, obviously they aren't going to into all details about it yet but some interesting things have been discussed about the next story and also about it being on the next gen console. Read the article below for more details.

Credit to Lil Dog for finding this.

Source: Examiner

"Halo 4" brought Master Chief back in a fitting way this holiday season, but this is only the beginning for what's still to come from the series and on next-generation systems.

According to a report from Product Reviews on Thursday, apparently people are in favor of seeing the next few installments on next-generation platforms.

"We could simply see 'Halo 4': Next-gen land with improved graphics for the Xbox 720 at an event next year, but we’d favor something totally new in the form of 'Halo 5' with some major improvements in physics and graphics, which would be the bonus for the second and third games in this trilogy if they launch on the Xbox 720.

"If 'Halo 5' hasn’t been worked on this year then launching it next year might bring something with limited work done, so again this is why we’d prefer to see a 'Halo 5' more thought-out with a release date in 2014 on the next-gen Xbox," the report stated.

It went on to discuss how the next installment of the series could perhaps explain more about how Master Chief came to be.

"Some of the ideas we’ve seen for the 'Halo 5' story include the possibility of an episode in the theme of “Search for Spock“, which could see Master Chief leave Earth looking for Cortana, although we also hear that a lot of fans want to see how the Spartans were created and how they were broke to make them a Spartan.

"This would also deliver a lot more insight into how MC had been created, and what process he had to go through," the report stated.

This post has been promoted to an article

Not exactly. While we experience the events he will be going through in Halo 5, there could be moments where we are thrust into his past to relive some of what he went through. Flashbacks.

If it's going to have flashbacks missions inside of it, i hope they will put them as a..."S-Ops" thing, detached from the Campaign but integral part of the story.

Yeah I too hope Halo 5 will be for the so-called Xbox 720, I want to spend two years with it like I did for Reach. I hope I can at least get up to April of 2014 with Halo 4 lol

Completely agree. I hope they will wait 3 years before H5, like the good ol' tradition.

Not exactly. While we experience the events he will be going through in Halo 5, there could be moments where we are thrust into his past to relive some of what he went through. Flashbacks.

I would love that idea. One of the flashbacks would have to be when Chief and Cortana are first together, when they have to get through a training session, but some of the people watching wanted to see him fail, so they made sure there were marines using live rounds, an area was buried with land mines, and so on. I hope those of you who read the novels remember what scene I'm trying to describe. I apologise for lack of detail, I have the scene in my mind but the words escape me lol.

But yeah they should do the tradition where they wait a couple years or so for each Halo game to be released.

• Like 1

If it's going to have flashbacks missions inside of it, i hope they will put them as a..."S-Ops" thing, detached from the Campaign but integral part of the story.

That isn't a good idea. If they were an integral part of the story, then it makes no sense in locking them behind Spartan Ops, a feature that requires an internet connection and an Xbox Live Gold membership to use (which is stupid in itself). What if someone does not have an internet connection, or they don't have an Xbox Live Gold membership to play Spartan Ops? Should they be denied this backstory just because they can't fork out more money for a game they've already purchased?

• Like 1

I would love that idea. One of the flashbacks would have to be when Chief and Cortana are first together, when they have to get through a training session, but some of the people watching wanted to see him fail, so they made sure there were marines using live rounds, an area was buried with land mines, and so on. I hope those of you who read the novels remember what scene I'm trying to describe. I apologise for lack of detail, I have the scene in my mind but the words escape me lol.

But yeah they should do the tradition where they wait a couple years or so for each Halo game to be released.

I perfectly remember the scene. It was one of my favs, lol!

That isn't a good idea. If they were an integral part of the story, then it makes no sense in locking them behind Spartan Ops, a feature that requires an internet connection and an Xbox Live Gold membership to use (which is stupid in itself). What if someone does not have an internet connection, or they don't have an Xbox Live Gold membership to play Spartan Ops? Should they be denied this backstory just because they can't fork out more money for a game they've already purchased?

I...cannot agree more with you. I first am against S-Ops requiring Glod Account (just look at my profile history), and i still think it is a shame. I do not have a Gold account, so i have to play with my borther's profile (which you can understand, it's not THAT satisfying).

I was just thinking that maybe a flashback would derail too much from the story. For example, imagine if in H4, in a mission you played a training session of MC. You would have been forced to focus on two different stories: the Didact's awakening AND the Chief's arising.

• Like 1