Possible Spartan Ops forge?

cpt001

Okay, so i saw the *cough* heavily disguised forge pieces in spartan ops, notably the latest season, where they're using actual multiplayer maps, and that sparked the idea for me, how would actual player forge work with it?

spawning:

-Specific spawn points for phantoms if you can use them, probably a specific piece...

-different teams could act as different enemy classes (i counted, theres 7 different classes)

--the enemies could be specified in their individual classes, using their game type tool... (ex: elite generals, jackal rangers, imperial grunts, etc...)

-different objective are fairly easy, and for specific enemy spawns, you could use the objective tool again...

-i think you sorta get the gist...

the only problem i can foresee, although its not really of relevance, spartan ops wouldn't have a story on the forge side... upsides though, are seriously awesome.

(also on a side note, this would probably be the first and best opportunity that 343i would have to have players create their own spartan ops, and possibly firefight maps....)

I don't see it happening. Everybody wanted it for Firefight in Reach after it's success in Halo ODST, but they couldn't implement it. I believe that they couldn't do it because of problems with AI path-finding.

The same problems would prevent it here. I'm fairly certain that all of the Spartan Ops missions have paths designed around the forge objects so that is why it would work.

actually, i took a week at last weeks spartan ops again yesterday, it looks like the ai patching for halo 4 is adaptive... the only issue i would see is the large, empty forge maps, because you would need to specify the actual forge maps, but setting up custom objectives, and setting up like challenge levels with ai would be really cool. although, if 343 did a really big update, i think they could add paths to the individual forge pieces...

I would absolutely love it, but it probably won't happen. I don't think that there is a game that has the AI capabilities to successfully implement this idea yet.

L4D2. If Halo had an engine like that, where the enemies randomly spawned within zones then had strict rules for interacting with the map objects, it would be possible. Of course, that kind of game engine would come with an entirely different set of problems.

• 4 weeks later...

i dont see why 343 cant figure this out.

Forging the spartan opts (aka firefight) wouldnt be that hard.

As far as 'paths' - the ai script could do one of three things to get around this, one is to hunt the players directly, the second is to set a 'hold' point which the ai moves to-to hold (like a hill for king of the hill) and a patrol zone, which is like a mix of the first two.

this way u dont have to set the paths of each ai, and its able to be forged.

As an update, 'UNLOCK SPARTAN OPTS FORGE' for 1600ms points, toss in a new map or two, throw in the Reach weapons left out (ie;needbine, spiker, ect) plug the remaining modles (brutes, buggers, and the flood) and have a give away contest to see who can forge the best full chapter, so in 3 months the highest rated chapters can get polished a bit, and released... and some lucky guy like me (for this idea as well) can get something...

the next issue would be objectives, which each map has a few, and the forge editor would have hud markers when in forge mode that allows the forger to set objective order, ect... (set one path which is the 'quest path for the players or whatever-but you get the idea) and the ability to make it an endless survival (which was the greatest part of firefight!).

once the missing covie/floodie models are together, know that the flood would be a mode that switches on half way thru, and it usually starts with spores. protheins dissolve so they get no flood models now (or yet...[???]) but covies and unsc would, which would be a switch in options with a round/wave # underneath it.

Compile the remaining weapons missing from all halos (smg mauler ect...) and then have a true blue forge contest to recreate halo 123/3odst/reach/wars(?)

add the extra wraith (AA version), covie u boat drop ship, revenant and other missing vehicals...

all for 1600 pts, id buy,

BUT allow anyone whos beaten a whole Ep on leg-solo forge it (but without this mentions expansion) so its functional for all players and the cry babys that are poor or cheap still get something out of it.

a cred cap on forged lvls would be Req. then have a spart opts map set in wargames-with 'objective named' variant like downed pelican, protect/escourt, recover, guard (like gen defense, some have health/others don't)...

moving forward-

This also means later on that more beta testers can test new weapons and campain levels... so everything would be DLC, and there would be no need for halo 5. just short patchs, nice payout.

later new proth models can be loaded, newer weapons, campain/multiplayer/Opts missions, and the core would be set perfectly...

i do request an offline opts mode... internet isnt always easy to access for some, and most loved the firefights... so your losing buisness by keepin it online only, better hurry, XMAS is almost here, and as a former Reach tester that was heard and ignored... i have much to say and offer now if its worth it to you, 343.

Msg me sometime on xbox live.

SOLTARIDAUTHI

oh apologies for spelling errors... cold hands, fast typing and a dark room dont go well together