Bring Back Betraying

The Skookumchuk

You guys are just idiots saying "it's part of Halo". No it's not. It's your pathetic trolling mind that it is. I don't want a match where I'm constantly killed for someone else's joy and not my own. If I want to die I will go to the enemy and get shot. I will not like being betrayed by a couple worthless pricks for 'being part of the game'. It's a dumb excuse, and FF should be removed entirely.

NOBODY HERE WANTS FF SO THEY CAN TROLL. EVERYONE HAS BEEN VERY CEAR ABOUT THAT. SHUT UP. YOU ARE NOT CONTRIBUTING ANYTHING TO THIS DISCUSSION BY ARGUING AGAINST VIEWPOINTS WE DONT HAVE. THAT IS WHAT IS KNOWN AS A STRAWMAN ARGUMENT. GO GOOGLE IT AND DONT COME BACK

We want realism back, we want the uneque gameplay halo has always had vs other games, we want the sandbox environment back. Removing freindly fire doesnt make this a sandbox anymore. A missle is no longer an explosive device. It is a line of code that has special rules that say it kills some people and not other people. An atom bomb that has the ability to blow up a city but leaves special designated people alive even in ground zero. It makes it work like a mainstream game like Battlefeild or call of duty where people are ok with getting headshots by shooting through 3 teammates and killing the enemy on the other side of them.

I was playing CTF yesterday and went to slash a guy with a sword to protect my flag, my teammate accidentally sniped me right in the face as i slashed the guy because he was going for a headshot. You are ok with letting that kind of fun play go away? Nobody has to be careful anymore? Nobody has to pay any attention to their teammates and their location? So team play becomes entirley unnecicery. You would be ok with making this game less uneque? Less of an open world? You are ok with becomming weaker and less skilled because you no longer have to hold your fire for friendlies?

Do you just love grenade spamming or something?

1 time my team mate was being assassinated i tried 2 splattered the enemy but i didn't kill him i killed my teammate. I dont know how that works but i think if there gonna remove friendly fire they should @ least remove frienfly splatters aswell.

I personally don't think 343i should bring back betrayals, in fact they should look into removing it in gametypes like King of the Hill, mainly because the teammates I get are stupid. They just don't seem to understand that rushing the hill while I'm throwing grenades at the enemies on there is a bad idea. Sure, the lack of team markers doesn't help, but surely they can see the grenades flying over to the hill.

Then you have the many other different reasons as to why betraying shouldn't come back, but they were listed above by another member so I won't go into detail about those.

NOBODY HERE WANTS FF SO THEY CAN TROLL. EVERYONE HAS BEEN VERY CEAR ABOUT THAT. SHUT THE F*CK UP. YOU ARE NOT CONTRIBUTING ANYTHING TO THIS DISCUSSION BY ARGUING AGAINST VIEWPOINTS WE DONT HAVE. THAT IS WHAT IS KNOWN AS A STRAWMAN ARGUMENT. GO GOOGLE IT AND DONT COME BACK

We want realism back, we want the uneque gameplay halo has always had vs other games, we want the sandbox environment back. Removing freindly fire doesnt make this a sandbox anymore. A missle is no longer an explosive device. It is a line of code that has special rules that say it kills some people and not other people. An atom bomb that has the ability to blow up a city but leaves special designated people alive even in ground zero. It makes it work like a mainstream game like Battlefeild or call of duty where people are ok with getting headshots by shooting through 3 teammates and killing the enemy on the other side of them.

I was playing CTF yesterday and went to slash a guy with a sword to protect my flag, my teammate accidentally sniped me right in the face as i slashed the guy because he was going for a headshot. You are ok with letting that kind of fun play go away? Nobody has to be careful anymore? Nobody has to pay any attention to their teammates and their location? So team play becomes entirley unnecicery. You would be ok with making this game less uneque? Less of an open world? You are ok with becomming weaker and less skilled because you no longer have to hold your fire for friendlies?

Do you just love grenade spamming or something?

Making the game less unique? Friendly fire has been in many games. It's nothing exclusive to Halo. Even Call of Duty has it in their 'Hardcore' gametypes so it's hardly something I'd call "unique". And let's be honest here, the majority of players on matchmaking aren't exactly careful whether there is friendly fire or not. The other half are people who charge mindlessly into the fight and don't pay attention to the grenades being thrown, or the rockets being fired. Most of the time it has nothing to do with the person who threw the grenades or fired the rockets being careless or inconsiderate. It's the opposite in fact, it's the people charging the enemy despite the grenades being thrown or the rockets being fired in that general direction.

And one final thing, "realism"? Are you forgetting that this is a sci-fi game based on super soldiers who have inhuman strength and speed, and can jump at ridiculous heights?

• Like 1

I personally don't think 343i should bring back betrayals, in fact they should look into removing it in gametypes like King of the Hill, mainly because the teammates I get are stupid. They just don't seem to understand that rushing the hill while I'm throwing grenades at the enemies on there is a bad idea. Sure, the lack of team markers doesn't help, but surely they can see the grenades flying over to the hill.

Then you have the many other different reasons as to why betraying shouldn't come back, but they were listed above by another member so I won't go into detail about those.

Making the game less unique? Friendly fire has been in many games. It's nothing exclusive to Halo. Even Call of Duty has it in their 'Hardcore' gametypes so it's hardly something I'd call "unique". And let's be honest here, the majority of players on matchmaking aren't exactly careful whether there is friendly fire or not. The other half are people who charge mindlessly into the fight and don't pay attention to the grenades being thrown, or the rockets being fired. Most of the time it has nothing to do with the person who threw the grenades or fired the rockets being careless or inconsiderate. It's the opposite in fact, it's the people charging the enemy despite the grenades being thrown or the rockets being fired in that general direction.

And one final thing, "realism"? Are you forgetting that this is a sci-fi game based on super soldiers who have inhuman strength and speed, and can jump at ridiculous heights?

What are you talking about? Halo is very uneque. I wasnt saying FF is what makes it uneque bit its definatly part of it. Motion radar is part of what makes this game uneque. The sheild system is part of what makes it uneque.This game has its own gameplay style that is very uneque. I dont understand how you dont see that

"lets be honest most players arent careful and the rest charge in" Have you ever played Halo 2, 3, or reach? People are not accedentally betraying their teammates every five seconds. You dont hear the announcer scream BETRAYAL the entire game. People ARE that careful. Go play halo 3 right now and you will see people getting by just fine. Trust me, I do it all the time. Play BTB on standoff. 16 players starting in 2 bases facing right at each other, right next to each other by only a few yards. According to your logic, you would think that with that many players on such a small map, everyone would just charge all over the place and throw grenades and everyone would be killed by teammates all the time. But what you acctually will see, Starring off the match you might notice that everyone chucks grenades at the opposite side and into the middle AND THEN people charge into the middle. People actually wait for grenade berages before they blatently walk forward, those that dont, die because they were stupid and then learn to avoid grenades later. Those halo 3 players are doing just fine even with 16 players on the smallest BTB map in history. And we've all played either reach or 3, accidental betrayals are not a plague that ravashes every matchmaking game like you make it sound. It happens every so often and isn't a big deal. Just get over it and play, don't whine about it to the point that features get removed to dumb the game down.

"And one final thing, "realism"? Are you forgetting that this is a sci-fi game"

What a terrible argument, and whats worse is that I've been hearing that same terrible argument ever since Halo 2. This isnt about weather or not space aliens exist. This has nothing to do with the story or universe or any of that. What? So once you introduce a fantastical concept like aliens, then all reality and physics just get thrown out the window? I think I prefer to play Halo with gravity. No i didnt forget that fact, it just has nothing to do with this

Lets just pretend this does have something to do with the fiction aspect of the game. How can a man widthstand getting hit by a 102mm High-Explosive Anti-Tank round to the face and live? Its highly explosive isn't it? Doesnt seem very explosive to me. I shot 5 guys with it and they all were fine, they didnt even notice. How does the explosion know whos on my team and who isn't? And then how does it protect those teammates from the explosion? Does it work like a regenerator for a split second only in the area where they are standing? What are the physics of these explosives?