Bring Back Betraying

The Skookumchuk

I don't understand the logic behind taking out betrayals from Infinity Slayer. At least half of the time I get into a Mantis, Banshee, Gauss Hog, Scorpion...hell, even Mongooses; my jealous teammates plasma pistol me, melee my vehicle, and throw nades on me and blow up my vehicles. And there's no consequence. No chance to boot them or anything. I just get a vehicle blown up every single time, which really makes BTB even more unplayable than it already is.

It's really damn annoying that there's no deterrent to jealously blowing up teammates vehicles, or nade spam for that matter. Betrayals need to be put back not just for these reasons, but also because they're a part of Halo and the fact the 2 biggest playlists don't have them in is silly.

No, betraying idiots were one of the main reasons so many people hated matchmaking,including myself. It's fine for people who want to betray to just betray each other. But people who actually want to play the game how it should be done, that be killing. Should be left alone, cause it is incredibly unfair and rude to put deaths to our score. Not only that, when people are constantly killed for power weapons, that just takes every fun out of that match, I don't care if the person is having fun betraying. It's unfair and should never be allowed into the game.

• Like 3

No, betraying idiots were one of the main reasons so many people hated matchmaking,including myself. It's fine for people who want to betray to just betray each other. But people who actually want to play the game how it should be done, that be killing. Should be left alone, cause it is incredibly unfair and rude to put deaths to our score. Not only that, when people are constantly killed for power weapons, that just takes every fun out of that match, I don't care if the person is having fun betraying. It's unfair and should never be allowed into the game.

You do realize what you said is best kept avoided always happens in objective gametypes, right?

I don't understand the logic of taking it off in IS. I still get splattered by warthogs too, it's stupidity at its finest.

The benefits of removing friendly fire far outweigh any consequences. You're complaining about teammates blowing up your vehicle just because they wanted it. I'm not sure if that kills you, or if it just destroys your vehicle, but here is a list of what you get with friendly fire.

Friendly Fire

• Betrayals from teammates who want the vehicle you're using.
  • Betrayals from teammates who want the weapon you're using.
  • Betrayals from teammates looking to piss you off.
  • Betrayals from players accidentally shooting or running you over.
  • Betrayals from grenade spam.
  • Being booted for accidentally betraying someone.
  • Having to deal with a betrayal booting system that is, and may always be, flawed and broken.

Is all of this really worth it? Not in my eyes it's not. I don't care if it's been a part of Halo since the beginning. It serves no real major benefit. You can say it punishes players for being too reckless, but so does them getting killed by the enemy team, and that doesn't result in betrayals and the subsequent booting of players. You can say it forces people to play more safely when around teammates, but again, is that one aspect really worth all of the hassle that comes with something like FF?

People have been complaining about the betrayal booting system for ages, and when it's finally solved (for the most part at least), people complain because now they can't betray their teammates, or vice versa. Make up your minds, you either live with all of the nonsense that comes with friendly fire just for a possible, small benefit to the overall experience, or you remove it and eliminate the mess that comes with it.

Personally I'm in favour of removing Friendly Fire completely.

• Like 2

I just told you why it shouldn't be in any game mode. People want to play the game properly, and not have to be annoyed by idiots being idiots. 343 should just turn Friendly Fire off entirely, removing splattering friendlies too.

Why

I just told you why it shouldn't be in any game mode. People want to play the game properly, and not have to be annoyed by idiots being idiots. 343 should just turn Friendly Fire off entirely, removing splattering friendlies too.

"Unfair"

wat.

Taking off betrayals was stupid, now there is absolutely no penalty for grenade spamming.

People have been complaining about the betrayal booting system for ages, and when it's finally solved (for the most part at least), people complain because now they can't betray their teammates, or vice versa. Make up your minds, you either live with all of the nonsense that comes with friendly fire just for a possible, small benefit to the overall experience, or you remove it and eliminate the mess that comes with it.

Personally I'm in favour of removing Friendly Fire completely.

You talk as if its the same people complaining about this. Its different groups. Removing FF jsut dumbs down the game even more and makes it even easier.

BRING BACK BETRAYALS. I think 343 did a great job with this game and introduced some fantastic changes, but this isnt one of them.

Nobody should be able to take a direct rocket to the face and live. I dont care if you are on my team. When I play big team battle in halo 4 and people run in front of my crosshair, I still hold fire for them to walk by. When my teammate sprints down a hallway full of enemies, I still restrict my grenade throwing so as not to hit them. 343 described halo as a sandbox. I dont really agree, but if you are going to call it a sandbox then why would you destroy some of the open world element of the game? It really takes my out of the experience when I accidently hit my teammate with a tank round point blank and he doesnt even notice, but the explosion off of his invicable body damages my tank. Even games that already have that mechanic like Battlefield and call of duty all also introduce a hardcore mode with team killing for more experience players who dont just want to skillessly dump ammo and explosions down a hallway full of teammates and not harm a single one. Team killing by accident is a vital part of the halo experience. Being careless with grenades and rockets should still have concequences.

Now, about team killing on purpose. You know that annoying guy who shoots at you just because you picked up the sniper rifle he wanted? You know that guy who shoots at the warthog because he selfishly wanted a ride? I kill them for you. I kill anyone on my team who needs to be put back in line. I'm the one who comes out of nowere to defend your right to snipe. I team kill all the time and have gotten very good at it which is more dificult then regular killing because there is no auto aim or lunge function. You have to show those greifers whos boss. And the greifers have not been stopped, you can't stop them and you cant stop me from going after them. Now greifers can do so much more damage because instead of killing you, they can destroy your teams vehical without you doing anything about it besides splatter them. And good luck with that if they have a plasma pistol

I got into a game where some guy was being a jerk and so I started going after him with mongeese hitting him. We absolutly hated each others guts but we couldnt hurt each other with our guns. Only with vehicals. So we just kept getting into our teams vehicals and harassing each other and attepting to splatter one another while the other one shoots, damages blows up, and destoys the other ones vehical. So we are repeatedly getting in the warthog when it spawns and then the other one plasma nades it and blows it up and then he takes the teams mantis so the other one plasma pistols it and wrecks it with grenades just to annoy him. And it went back and forth like this the entire game, because I hated him and he hated me and nothing was going to change that. The whole time we are completley sabatoging our team because we were grabbing all the vehicals and then destroying them at our own base and also grabbing power weapons like the sniper rifle to use them to destroy each others mantis or banshee or whatever. Just us 2 guys completly ruined the whole game for our entire team. The game was a landslide defeat. It could have been as simple as one of us kills the other, he kills him back and so on untill one gets booted and the game can continue for everyone else. But no, the whole game got ruined for the rest of our team just because 2 guys had a bit of a quarrel.

Not having team killing is unaccaptable. I've attempted to try not to go into extremes with this but it really is unacceptable. You shouldnt be able to fire a rocket into a room packed full of your entire team and one enemy and get rewarded with the kill with no concequences of killing your entire team by being retarded.....which is exatcly what happened. No spartan should be able to take a rocket or tank round directly to the face without modding. Its a shame because big team battle is my absolutle favorite playlist, but for at least right now I can't play it like that. Im just going to play objective games. And to tell you the truth, I really dont want to play objective games unless its a big team battle objective game.

Why

"Unfair"

wat.

Taking off betrayals was stupid, now there is absolutely no penalty for grenade spamming.

You talk as if its the same people complaining about this. Its different groups. Removing FF jsut dumbs down the game even more and makes it even easier.

BRING BACK BETRAYALS. I think 343 did a great job with this game and introduced some fantastic changes, but this isnt one of them.

Nobody should be able to take a direct rocket to the face and live. I dont care if you are on my team. When I play big team battle in halo 4 and people run in front of my crosshair, I still hold fire for them to walk by. When my teammate sprints down a hallway full of enemies, I still restrict my grenade throwing so as not to hit them. 343 described halo as a sandbox. I dont really agree, but if you are going to call it a sandbox then why would you destroy some of the open world element of the game? It really takes my out of the experience when I accidently hit my teammate with a tank round point blank and he doesnt even notice, but the explosion off of his invicable body damages my tank. Even games that already have that mechanic like Battlefield and call of duty all also introduce a hardcore mode with team killing for more experience players who dont just want to skillessly dump ammo and explosions down a hallway full of teammates and not harm a single one. Team killing by accident is a vital part of the halo experience. Being careless with grenades and rockets should still have concequences.

Now, about team killing on purpose. You know that annoying guy who shoots at you just because you picked up the sniper rifle he wanted? You know that guy who shoots at the warthog because he selfishly wanted a ride? I kill them for you. I kill anyone on my team who needs to be put back in line. I'm the one who comes out of nowere to defend your right to snipe. I team kill all the time and have gotten very good at it which is more dificult then regular killing because there is no auto aim or lunge function. You have to show those greifers whos boss. And the greifers have not been stopped, you can't stop them and you cant stop me from going after them. Now greifers can do so much more damage because instead of killing you, they can destroy your teams vehical without you doing anything about it besides splatter them. And good luck with that if they have a plasma pistol

I got into a game where some guy was being a jerk and so I started going after him with mongeese hitting him. We absolutly hated each others guts but we couldnt hurt each other with our guns. Only with vehicals. So we just kept getting into our teams vehicals and harassing each other and attepting to splatter one another while the other one shoots, damages blows up, and destoys the other ones vehical. So we are repeatedly getting in the warthog when it spawns and then the other one plasma nades it and blows it up and then he takes the teams mantis so the other one plasma pistols it and wrecks it with grenades just to annoy him. And it went back and forth like this the entire game, because I hated him and he hated me and nothing was going to change that. The whole time we are completley sabatoging our team because we were grabbing all the vehicals and then destroying them at our own base and also grabbing power weapons like the sniper rifle to use them to destroy each others mantis or banshee or whatever. Just us 2 guys completly ruined the whole game for our entire team. The game was a landslide defeat. It could have been as simple as one of us kills the other, he kills him back and so on untill one gets booted and the game can continue for everyone else. But no, the whole game got ruined for the rest of our team just because 2 guys had a bit of a quarrel.

Not having team killing is unaccaptable. I've attempted to try not to go into extremes with this but it really is unacceptable. You shouldnt be able to fire a rocket into a room packed full of your entire team and one enemy and get rewarded with the kill with no concequences of killing your entire team by being retarded.....which is exatcly what happened. No spartan should be able to take a rocket or tank round directly to the face without modding. Its a shame because big team battle is my absolutle favorite playlist, but for at least right now I can't play it like that. Im just going to play objective games. And to tell you the truth, I really dont want to play objective games unless its a big team battle objective game.

These two people are complete dumbasses. They obviously don't know what a 'smooth, friendly' match is.

What makes them think that team killing is needed in this game? What's next? They're going to say that there shouldn't be betrayal booting or in fact, a feature that boots teamkillers period?

Or they could be the complete R-tards who enjoy teamkilling people. Either way, these two have no common sense.

• Like 1

These two people are complete dumbasses. They obviously don't know what a 'smooth, friendly' match is.

What makes them think that team killing is needed in this game? What's next? They're going to say that there shouldn't be betrayal booting or in fact, a feature that boots teamkillers period?

Or they could be the complete R-tards who enjoy teamkilling people. Either way, these two have no common sense.

The booting system was fine. Theres nothing wrong with it. And I also told you that I dont just outright kill anyone "just for fun" I kill greifers.You know those people the OP was complainig about who plasma pistol his mantis and destroy it....those people who still exist and still greif all the time. I kill those people. But if you mean I enjoy that, then yes, i enjoy that very much.

So you are saying that you are ok with the scenario i layed out? You are playing dominion and your entire team is capturing one base. One guy from the enemy team runs in the base and is in the middle of all of them. One guy from your team decides to jetpack and fire a rocket into that base just to kill that one guy because hes about to get a killing spree even though his whole team is in there and can take care of him, and he gets the kill. You would be ok with that? You would be ok with him firing a rocket streight into his own teammates in order to get one kill.

And I'm guessing you would also be ok with someone throwing a plasma nade on his teammates head as he sprints into a room blowing up the enemies inside and leaving his teammate unharmed. You would be ok with sticking your teammate on the face as a tactic.

The booting system was fine. Theres nothing wrong with it. And I also told you that I dont just outright kill anyone "just for fun" I kill greifers.You know those people the OP was complainig about who plasma pistol his mantis and destroy it....those people who still exist and still greif all the time. I kill those people. But if you mean I enjoy that, then yes, i enjoy that very much.

So you are saying that you are ok with the scenario i layed out? You are playing dominion and your entire team is capturing one base. One guy from the enemy team runs in the base and is in the middle of all of them. One guy from your team decides to jetpack and fire a rocket into that base just to kill that one guy because hes about to get a killing spree even though his whole team is in there and can take care of him, and he gets the kill. You would be ok with that? You would be ok with him firing a rocket streight into his own teammates in order to get one kill.

And I'm guessing you would also be ok with someone throwing a plasma nade on his teammates head as he sprints into a room blowing up the enemies inside and leaving his teammate unharmed. You would be ok with sticking your teammate on the face as a tactic.

Idiot, you just posted why you believed why friendly fire shouldn't be disabled. If friendly fire was disabled, you wouldn't have to 'kill griefers'

Also, all your guesses and assumptions are wrong. Why would I think it's perfectly ok to just shoot ANY of your teammates? I never said that, I just said that it's not okay to defend friendly fire because you wouldn't have to kill griefers. You should be saying that there should be an automated boot feature that kicks teamkillers so you wouldn't risk getting booted yourself by just seeking revenge on griefers. You don't even know if that 'griefer' was intending to grief or not.

One more thing: Yes, I am perfectly okay with sticking a grenade at your teammate sprinting into a room with enemies as long as the teammate is unharmed, which indicates that friendly fire is disabled. If that teammate didn't take any damage, then that would NOT be okay.

Idiot, you just posted why you believed why friendly fire shouldn't be disabled. If friendly fire was disabled, you wouldn't have to 'kill griefers'

Also, all your guesses and assumptions are wrong. Why would I think it's perfectly ok to just shoot ANY of your teammates? I never said that, I just said that it's not okay to defend friendly fire because you wouldn't have to kill griefers. You should be saying that there should be an automated boot feature that kicks teamkillers so you wouldn't risk getting booted yourself by just seeking revenge on griefers. You don't even know if that 'griefer' was intending to grief or not.

One more thing: Yes, I am perfectly okay with sticking a grenade at your teammate sprinting into a room with enemies as long as the teammate is unharmed, which indicates that friendly fire is disabled. If that teammate didn't take any damage, then that would NOT be okay.

If friendly fire was disabled i wouldnt have to kill greifers? Did you just reply to a topic without reading the original post? "At least half of the time I get into a Mantis, Banshee, Gauss Hog, Scorpion...hell, even Mongooses; my jealous teammates plasma pistol me, melee my vehicle, and throw nades on me and blow up my vehicles. And there's no consequence." Greifers still exhist and are even worse now because they can destroy the mantis or warthog and even the Mantis with all its missles and stomping power can do absolutly nothing but just stand there while the greifers shoot it and blow it up just because they didnt get in the Mantis. And then Im the one who gets into a ghost and teamkills them with the only thing I have left, splattering.

So friendly fire IS disabled and there are STILL greifers and so I STILL HAVE TO KILL GREIFERS. So thats the first part of what you said that doesnt make any sense.

Then you said you would be ok with sticking a teammate who runs into a room and comes out unharmed, I got that. but then you said: "If that teammate didn't take any damage, then that would NOT be okay" Well he didn't take any damage, It was your grenade and you are on his team. That grenade point blank stuck on his face left him unharmed because hes on your team. So he didnt take any damage from it...so its not ok? I think you made a mistake in your rantings because you just agreed with me at the same time as telling me im wrong

Lol, so because you face a few mean old trolls once, you want the game to cuddle you? A 'smooth, friendly' match has nothing to do with the fact that I find it dumb that without friendly fire, there is no penalty for grenade spamming areas where fights are going on. In fact, now the best strategy if you see teammates fighting somewhere is to just chunk some grenades because it can't hurt your team.

Also I love how you made an ASS out of yourself by assuming I have even ever tk'ed on purpose or that I am arguing for it. Where did I say ANYTHING about getting rid of betrayal booting, a feature I love?

I had a jackass in Spartan Ops constantly destroying the vehicles I was occupying. Experiences in Episode 3 Chapter 4 where you start with ghosts and later 4 mantis'. He was always destroying my vehicle and I was annoying. I have also experienced people who would plasma stick my ghost or attack the mantis as I have gone into it. I am sorry, but vehicles are first come first serve. Battlefield 2 had griefing on this way, and it was what made me quit playing that even though I played it 8-10 hours at a time.

greifers wont go away, they just change their tactics. Now that team killing is gone, they resort to destroying vehicals. That is a fact. Now its not just a dispute between 2 players, now the whole entire team is being sabatoged. The mantis or banshee getting blown up in the start of a match devistates that team. Now the griefers dont just bother one person, they effect the whole team and ultimately the match.

You can sit around and make arguments AGAINST betraying all day but that is just part of Halo. There is almost no other game out there that you can betray teammates. It's just something Halo has always done and it makes for funny scenarios a lot of the time.

I don't like how serious this game is getting.

• Like 1

You guys are just idiots saying "it's part of Halo". No it's not. It's your pathetic trolling mind that it is. I don't want a match where I'm constantly killed for someone else's joy and not my own. If I want to die I will go to the enemy and get shot. I will not like being betrayed by a couple worthless pricks for 'being part of the game'. It's a dumb excuse, and FF should be removed entirely.

I have the problem where I get a good ordinace drop or pick up the sniper and get betrayed by my team so he can steal my sh#@t. It's starting to get annoying to the point where the game isnt fun anymore. I'm sorry you suck to where you cant get ordinace drops but dont run me over and steal mine! It's bad to the point where every game I go into I get betrayed because a team-mate wants what I have.