There are no more "personal battles" in Halo 4

ItsLebronsFault

I have played Halo since 2001 and everything that was great about Halo has dissolved into other war games. One thing I miss the most are the personal battles you had with other players. It took longer to kill someone in the previous Halos and now in 4, if you do not get the first shot in you are basically dead. Seriously, you die incredibly fast. At least in other Halos you had a chance to recover, but in this game you are basically boned out of the get go. I just stop sometimes while I am shooting at someone because I know I am dead. I miss me and some guy just going at it in the corridor of Countdown (yeah, that sounds sexual). I also miss the bloom because you had to aim your shots and time the bloom right and not just mash the trigger because every shot is so powerful and accurate (especially from long distances, oh my God). I know 343 is just trying to appeal to the COD players, but I think they sold out. Yes, it is a quality game and video games have to evolve, but I think they lost the game's heart and soul. The game is too noob friendly and I am not engaged anymore. I don't know, I am just a little upset, so I am going to play Reach. What do you guys think?

I have played Halo since 2001 and everything that was great about Halo has dissolved into other war games. One thing I miss the most are the personal battles you had with other players. It took longer to kill someone in the previous Halos and now in 4, if you do not get the first shot in you are basically dead. Seriously, you die incredibly fast. At least in other Halos you had a chance to recover, but in this game you are basically boned out of the get go. I just stop sometimes while I am shooting at someone because I know I am dead. I miss me and some guy just going at it in the corridor of Countdown (yeah, that sounds sexual). I also miss the bloom because you had to aim your shots and time the bloom right and not just mash the trigger because every shot is so powerful and accurate (especially from long distances, oh my God). I know 343 is just trying to appeal to the COD players, but I think they sold out. Yes, it is a quality game and video games have to evolve, but I think they lost the game's heart and soul. The game is too noob friendly and I am not engaged anymore. I don't know, I am just a little upset, so I am going to play Reach. What do you guys think?

Move 1) Find cover, In halo 4 there are much more areas to move into for cover.

Move 2) Regeneration field, find cover, deploy regen field, head back out with an advantage

Move 3) Hardlight Shield, self explanatory

Move 4) Sprint away

Move 5) Etc.

It just depends on how you play, If you play aggressively, that's fine, but it's essential to find cover (At least in my opinion). Don't rush in when it's a 2v1, 3v1, etc.

Play cautiously,

It's also 5 shots now, rather than 4 as it was in reach.

He is not looking for advice he is saying what made halo great and unique has died a little in this game.

I for one agree with him, those 1 on 1 BR fights in valhalla for example do not exist anymore as teams just camp and you end up having to take them all on.

It is a great pity and IMO its down to the excess of long range weapons that are too easy to use but I still go out and play the old halo way and I also take advantage of the weapons.

I believe the only way to describe my feelings are that my favourite game has lost its magic (the extra special bit that made me play Halo 3 for yrs.)

• Like 1

I for one agree with him, those 1 on 1 BR fights in valhalla for example do not exist anymore as teams just camp and you end up having to take them all on.

I know what you mean, although you too have 3 buddies to camp with!

Just Promethean vision and grenade your way to victory. A wonderful anti-camping strategy.

when your 1 shot your better off dieing. you can't escape battles like you used to or hide behind cover and use the radar to move around till you sheilds come up. all they do is jetpack making cover useless or promethean vision and grenade. :/ when i go 1 shot most of the time i'm one shot for a good 10-20 seconds but always end up finding the guy i killed spawn by me and kill me when i'm in cover.

Move 1) Find cover, In halo 4 there are much more areas to move into for cover.

Move 2) Regeneration field, find cover, deploy regen field, head back out with an advantage

Move 3) Hardlight Shield, self explanatory

Move 4) Sprint away

Move 5) Etc.

It just depends on how you play, If you play aggressively, that's fine, but it's essential to find cover (At least in my opinion). Don't rush in when it's a 2v1, 3v1, etc.

Play cautiously,

It's also 5 shots now, rather than 4 as it was in reach.

I agree on everything, however, it was still 5 shots in Reach. 4 to pop their shields, 1 to the head.

I'm very fond of running from a fight to save my life if I know I don't stand a chance. However, this is almost impossible sometimes. Take out the stupid baywatch bullets and we'll all be happy. I'm so sick of like, getting drugged from each bullet that hits me and sprinting 1 MPH. It's even slowed my mantis down sometimes, wtf?