How Halo 4 should have ended (LEGENDARY)

Vehicle Destroyer

Look out Guys SPOILERS AHEAD

As you know to see this "Special" Legendary ending, the game must be beaten on the SOLO Legendary difficulty. All you get to see is the eyes, which for some is controversial since you should never see his face. But how should it have really ended? His armor is removed, and the game ends? To me this insinuates Halo 5 and Halo 6 are not to be made, even though they have been confirmed. So lets get the ball rolling, how should it have ended? I don't think Halo 4 should have ended in such a way with Chief taking off the armor!!! Get creative, but keep it true to the Chief, keep it true to the story... But most of all, make it better than the 343i ending!

UMM IT WAS A FANTASTIC ENDING. You hear the viewpoint of the (Forerunner?) at the end about how humanity has evolved and are now the threat (unlike how the Covenant was the threat prior to Halo 4). So that sets up for a Halo 5 right there. Yes you only get to se his eyes in Legendary, not much difference, but even with that half second clip, a lot of depth is added to his character. I could go on and on, but I'm not in the mood for an essay.

Good day sir.

• Like 1

I think Chief taking off his armor is a great moment, because he finally proves that he is not a machine, as Cortana said to him. (plus he's wearing that armor for 4+ years lol)

But really, the ending is great and I can't wait how they tie up the story in Halo 5.

( And I'm not stealing your color, I'm "just borrowing" it :D)

(Actually YOU are borrowing my color because I was using it first xD)

(Ok, no more parenthesis)

I think it is stupid to definitively state how it "should have ended" considering that is personal opinion. Games are not tailored to the individual. Enjoy the ending you already have.

I was more or less catering to people who may have thought of a different ending? I loved the ending personally, ive noticed some did not, so I wanted to see how they thought it should have ended.

but I'm not in the mood for an essay.

Good day sir.

Watch out, we got a badass over here.

..."revealing that he is not a machine", "revealing that he is human", "a much depth to the story", are all comments already made in the Making of. Being one of the last Spartans-II, destroying a Halo, Leaving the Earth to follow and kill a Prophet, assaulting the core of the Covenant empire, leaving Cortana behind just to follow another prophet on an unknown ship, Landing on earth on a metal scrap from 2 km high, taking a truce with the enemy he fought for 30 years, leaving another time the earth to end the fight and eventually finding cortana, looking at his probably last friend dying...and he never surrendered.

Do you remember "BELIEVE"? Well, when you saw all the marines crashed by the Covies, when you saw destruction and desperation all over the field, and then you saw the Chief, hanging by the hands of a Chieftain, when all seemed to be lost..."BELIEVE". Then, you understood Chief was the Humanity's only hope to survive.

From this ending, i understood that the Spartans are a group of veterans joking and babbling like kids, the UNSC is more powerful than ever before, and the Chief is a useless piece of metal, old and sad, while the new promising Spartans are the only hope the mankind have.

• Like 1

I liked the ending. It showed MC's growth, symbolically demonstrated his weariness, his acceptance of the fact that he isn't just a machiine with one purpose, and the vulnerability exposed by the loss of all he held (personally) dear. It was also a legend being revealed to be human, as all the "new and improved" Spartans watched in obvious awe to see what was under that mythic armor. The Didact's voiceover added more gravity to the questions left unanswered, particularly what is the Chief now, what will humanity become, and are we truly the saviors of the galaxy or its gravest threat.

• Like 1

I liked the ending. It showed MC's growth, symbolically demonstrated his weariness, his acceptance of the fact that he isn't just a machiine with one purpose, and the vulnerability exposed by the loss of all he held (personally) dear. It was also a legend being revealed to be human, as all the "new and improved" Spartans watched in obvious awe to see what was under that mythic armor. The Didact's voiceover added more gravity to the questions left unanswered, particularly what is the Chief now, what will humanity become, and are we truly the saviors of the galaxy or its gravest threat.

This ladies and gentlemen, deserves an award, and kills my thread

• Like 1

Don't have a problem with how it ended.

I would have prefered to see some of the other Spartan-IIs to greet him at the ending however. I think Kelly, Fred, and Linda are all alive still. Maybe not Linda.

Maybe like a salute? that would have been nice, or incredulous look and a half salute and he just walks past before they can salute :P

I think the Spartan he walked past could have been Kelly. Its the right hair style and color. But she didn't seem quite tall enough. Still the look on her face was sort of more "I just saw a ghost" than "A living legend just walked by me."

The spartan he walked past was Sarah Palmer, she's a Spartan-IV.

If you read First Strike, you'd know that Spartan-II's put two fingers on each others visors(where the mouth would be) to show they are happy they are there. It would be cool to see Kelly, Linda, or Fred walk up to John and do that, that'd make him taking his Elmer off seem more human.