Competitive Skill

Evaysiv

Yeah I really want some ranked playlists and a leveling system. I really enjoyed trying to get my skill level up in Halo 3. Also, I would like for my overall kill/death ratio not to count when I get added to a game and put on the team that is getting stomped. I also would prefer it if my overall K/D wasn't affected by what I do in CTF, Oddball, King of the hill, Flood, etc. It should be shown post-game for sure, but having it go towards your overall K/D gives some players an incentive to play those modes as if they were slayer and ignore the objectives...

Is there any solid date in January it is coming? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Why weren't all you bull****ters in The Arena then?

And most likely the lot of you only spent like 1% of your time in the Halo3 ranked playlists (on repeated tries on multiple new accounts I might add!). As soon as you realize you're stuck at 35 no matter what it was social all day.

Think I wasn't around?

Bull****.

you mean half moon up to halo symbol :) never got all the way there, H3 50 was way too easy to get

Yeah. I'm sure you got your 50 in the Lone Wolves playlist, right? And you did get it late into game cycle, not the first three months, experienced from H2, when multiplayer was flooded by noobs who just got an Xbox trying to learn Halo3 as their first fps, right? Soooo easy

Never thought I was even going to consider BO2, but this is a game changer for me at this point.

I can inform you that Bo2 is utter crap. I play it. With success. Doesn't change my opinion.

hhhhhhhhhhh halo reach was not a fail it was a good game bravo bungie not to many peaple say not but bungie bungied into a would of unknowns and came out on top bravo you paved the way for things to come bravo bungie bravo

reach was the worst halo ever made. period. you just like it cause you play for points and not skill.

1,000,000th thread on this. Suggesting a lock. And since it seems like it's so hard for you to have your smartphone app ready to check your rank, I take no note of your opinion. -.-

Seriously, something is better than nothing. Jesus, dude, be happy you even get it at all, let alone for each playlist. Spoiled gamers like you need to have everything taken from you so you can appreciate more things.

whats if you dont have a smart phone? or any of that please give me some reasons that having a ranking system on a 3rd party program when the game is 2 disc is a good thing?

reach was not the worst halo ever made reach well if reach never came out halo 4 would be halo reach maybe so there reach paved the way 4 halo it took alot of risks but in the end came out on top

lol kid idc about ur opinion your a halo noob.. nuff said. u probably never played any other halos. this thread is for competitive gamers. dont worry theyll probably have action sack back in halo 4 just for u. oh ya and halo reach was nowhere near the top and it didnt pave the way for ****...

ps . learn how to type/spell/read

1,000,000th thread on this. Suggesting a lock. And since it seems like it's so hard for you to have your smartphone app ready to check your rank, I take no note of your opinion. -.-

Seriously, something is better than nothing. Jesus, dude, be happy you even get it at all, let alone for each playlist. Spoiled gamers like you need to have everything taken from you so you can appreciate more things.

man theres nothing else to take.... every halo is dead to me. 343 is a bunch of novice nerds that dont know how halo should be... how is it hard to put numbers next to ur name. why do they have to change everything. and how are ppl gonna tell who is good and who is bad. i guess theyll have to have there smart phone ready to check that ****.

and i could give 2 ****s about your opinion.. your probably a force colonel in h3..

• 3 weeks later...

You can tell these developers tried to cash cow Halo, while they had the chance to make it amazing and fix the few problems of Halo 2 and 3. The truth hurts and I know there are people that like it but their are a lot of people that never played Halo 2 competitively either. My point being that you were not around for those insanely competitive games where pulling off a clutch win actually made you happy.

I am not trying to beat a dead horse but, how this game could not ship with a ranking system and proper playlist is unacceptable and completely negligence on 343's part. This is what drives competition and will keep the game around. Why would you not want to see the game you made stay around for longer than 10 months... CoD it doesn't matter it makes rehashes of the same game year after year. It doesn't need a ranking system.

If you were listening, you'd know that it is coming in January. This is the millionth post on the same damn topic.

Yeah guys it's still coming in January, hold your breath. See why there is a million posts?

We need to be heard if 343 wants this game to survive another few months.

There was a time were no one complained on what a was given in their plates LOL

Yep that was a time when successful formula's actually worked and developers "understood" what their community base wanted in their game. Unfortunately from all the cash grabs and poor PR knowledge this is what companies are going to get. An earful from concerned fans that care about a franchise. When there is more people playing Halo 3 than Reach currently you know the path you went was not correct....

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/totalpopulation/all

I absolutely 100% agree with OP. 343i needs to focus a little more on their, so to speak "core community" than try to win over some of the CoD populous (proof of this is adding a fishstick layout). I'm not saying that this is entirely a bad thing, but I would like to point out is that CoD players find something appealing to them in CoD and they will stick with it, Halo players find something in Halo and they too will stick with their game (for the most part). The people that keep Halo going are the core fans, they are the ones who will keep Halo's population high, even years after release.

Forgers

Halo 4 has arguably the worst forge mode in the series. Dynamic lighting is cool and all, but where are the enormous maps, the coloured details? I remember so many people on Halo: Reach that forged for the community, they were so happy with what they had in forge world that it was all they did. Some of the stuff made in there was incredible!

Fun Customs

With the new addition of flood mode and the removal of VIP and Juggernaut, many of the customs like Jenga, Ghostbusters, Saw, and Slender have become impossible to re-create and play.

Competitive Side of Halo

The side that keeps the game going long after release. Nothing in Halo 4 is appealing to this particular fan base. No visible trueskill, customisable loadouts, random weapon spawns, ordinance, instant spawn. The list goes on and on.

(Just a few groups of Halo players that I could think of, off of the top of my head)

Hear me out, I am not saying that this game killed Halo. I'm saying that it has the potential to fix everything and come out as one of the best Halos. An invisible trueskill system will just drive more people away from the game.

I hope that 343i realises the potential this game has, but the steps needed to create a great game.

-MaGIIXz

• Like 2

Forgers

Halo 4 has arguably the worst forge mode in the series. Dynamic lighting is cool and all, but where are the enormous maps, the coloured details? I remember so many people on Halo: Reach that forged for the community, they were so happy with what they had in forge world that it was all they did. Some of the stuff made in there was incredible!

I agree with you on everything, I would just like to point something out with Forge. I am no pro Forger but I have used it. And I dont think Forge is worse because of what it offers, its worse because of the maps themselves. Because when I get on Forge I think they really packed it with a lot of stuff.

Competitive skill... Why must people be mostly competitive?

Because that is what drives success, even in the real world, let alone barely-competitive Halo 4. It is what drives our economy and our businesses and is the basis for free-market capitalism. It keeps corporations that are smart and can adapt ahead of the game and individuals that can fight for what they want the will to elevate themselves in the social heiarchy. That is why people are competitive and if you are not, sooner or later somebody who is will smash you into the ground like a little bug on the way to THEIR goals and ambitions. Wanna know why they will succeed? Because they have a competitive drive and you don't.

So if you must, society is by nature highly competitive and games like Halo should follow suit if they have a decent model to work with. The point of multiplayer is to be better than your opponent and win. That is why ranked playlists were initially introduced--to facilitate this innate drive within a good amount of Halo players. You can play Halo casually and that is fine and you are entitled to play how you want, but know that the heart of the game is the competition and being better.