Competitive Skill

Evaysiv

Message to 343...

If you do not implement a TRUE SKILL ranking system into halo 4. YOUR GAME WILL FAIL in the long run. I just watched a video saying that true skill will only be seen through waypoint. If so this will be very disappointing this is not what halo fans want. Resulting in many people not buying the game. IF YOU PUT A TRUE SKILL IN YOU WILL SELL 3X AS MANY COPIES IN THE LONG RUN. its a shame you didnt do this at launch, you may have sold even more... People dont want to play causally for 10 hours straight. It gets boring after 5 games. in halo reach there is not a single reason for me to try to win the game. Then in halo 3 i am actually competing for a reason, SOMETHING IS ON THE LINE... I CARE ABOUT MY RANK..

What you can do is create the best of both worlds. and get fans from reach and halo 3. Leave halo 4 the way is now BUT add a whole new RANKED PLAYLIST just like halo 3 had. HALO 3 is still going strong. HALO REACH IS DEAD. IT FAILED... There is your proof..

And i would rather have to deal with all the cheaters and booster then not even play at all. You guys created a video game it cant be that hard to figure out how to stop them or ban them.

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT SO PLEASE PLEASE US

i will post this in many forums to hopefully get your attention - THANK YOU & HAPPY THANKSGIVING

• Like 2

It is not far that all the people who want a ranking system cannot have the best version of it because it will encourage cheaters/boosters. What 343i doesn't realize is that is an extremely small amount of the total population. I would understand if people were complaining about ranks bringing cheaters, but that is a rare complaint. And even if certain people don't like ranked why should they care if it is added. There will ALWAYS be a surplus of unranked playlists in halo games.

• Like 1

I never have commented on a forum in my life but i created a profile just to say this.... You absolutely need to bring back lvl systems. I completely agree with everything single thing he said let me help u with a checklist.

1. Lvl system needed more than ever let kids play kids and real gamers play real gamers

2. Waypoint not really important maybe went on twice

3. Firefight never a fan

4. Spartan ops = amazing love it btw campaign = amazing also

5. Leave loadouts might help save the franchise (not the biggest fan but much better than reach)

P.S haven't played online in 2 days because there is no reason for me to play theres no rewarding feeling going up levels might as well get rid of them but if there was a lvl system I promise u I would be losing sleep and every person I know who has played halo agrees

P.p.s Not everyone likes C.O.D I personally have played the campaign its enjoyable but no skill to multiplayer. I can't stand the fact that if u see someone first ur 90 no 95% of the time gonna kill them I like that I can turn around fast throw a skill grenade and shoot them in the head and live that's what everyone that likes halo likes about it and if that's not what they like then there not the true fans it takes skill to 4 shot plasma pistol switch head shot that's what make this the best shooter ever I've been consistently let down since halo 3 please 343 u did a lot right and are headed in a beautiful direction I'm excited to see where things go more than ever I just need a lvl ranking system it's really that important.. Please listen to the true halo fans we deserve it

• Like 1

ya i totally agree with mikey. i love that fact that halo 3 actually takes TEAMWORK to win you games because of ranked playlists. ya i like social every once in a while when im drunk as **** playing with buddies but 95% of the time i play ranked. i hate it when noobs chase u down because they shot u twice and they want there kill/points. thats not halo. thats COD. IF YOU WANT THE WIN U DONT ****** CHASE.. YOU USE TEAMWORK AND CALL THEM OUT and hopefully a teammate can get em. i get so bored of playing for no reason....

and i would rather have to deal with boosters and cheaters than not even be playing. afterall i got kinda used to playing them in halo 3. I dont play halo unless im playing ranked with competitive true skill what ever u wanna call it.

theres your spartan rank which is 1-50

SR1-50 doesnt mean ****. that ranking is the same as halo reach just with numbers.. were talking about where u win you rank up. and when u lose you go down. so its actually competitive and people give a **** about winning and losing games........................................ its make or break with 343 and their success.

SR1-50 doesnt mean ****. that ranking is the same as halo reach just with numbers.. were talking about where u win you rank up. and when u lose you go down. so its actually competitive and people give a **** about winning and losing games........................................ its make or break with 343 and their success.

so pretty much u want the halo 3 skill ranking back. just adapt come on just try to have fun and not worry about the ranking system and you might actually like the multiplayer.

so pretty much u want the halo 3 skill ranking back. just adapt come on just try to have fun and not worry about the ranking system and you might actually like the multiplayer.

ive tried it and i get bored after five games because there is no reason for me to try to win the game. in halo 3 i am competing for a reason.. to rank up.

and sledge it will totally effect how many copies they sell. look at what happened to reach. it failed. and so will halo 4 if they dont do what fans want

they really do need to do this.Surely it cannot be that hard to implement an in game level system. It's what we want,why do game devs not hire people from the community or listen to the pro's on matters like this. It wouldn't affect you copy sales in fact I'd go out on a whim and say you make more sales.

Halo 2 and 3 were great because rank mattered.If oyu saw someone who was level 45 and up you knew that they could play the game.I spent nearly 2 years going for a level above 45 and eventually got to 45 on the dot.Through perseverance I had a sense of accomplishment.Now what do I get? A level up.No thank you.

Great game but I agree it needs this badly.Not on Waypoint but in the actual game,

I can only agree, havent played halo since h3 but i loved the rank system as u all mentioned. The game becomes more real when theres a rank involved, i played mostly swat and had a lvl between 45-50 and the games were tough and funny as hell beacuse everybody did what they could to take home the win. But now when im playing multiplayer on h4 i dont have so much fun.mostly angry at people that dont playthe gametypes and making our team loose really frustrating. Hopefully 343 takes action and fix it right away.hate when companies doesnt listen to the players.

Post gone.

i would just like to point out that in halo 2 if you have a 50 you had it because you were mod crazy or because you bridged for host and ran 4's to get matched against other teams. If you get matched against modders they would simply be forced to play you because you couldnt use mods off host. That or they would standby you. It became a hacking game lol the best players in "team hardcore" were typically low 40's high 30's at best. What got me into MLG was watching a game on lockout from ogre 2's pov and than got to play with him quite a bit in the play list. Our first encounter was us both falling simultaniously next to eachother turning around looking at eachother and him bxr'ing the crap out of me lol

so halo 2's ranking system felt like it made more sense and it was close but you have to combine the harshness with loosing from halo 2 with the system of halo 3. The biggest problem is the 1-50. 1-50 is fine but we have wayyyyyy to many players for a 1-50. We need a 1-60, that way we can serperate the real bottom, the real top, the mid range, and the inbetweens. I think 10 more levels can add more seperation between the skill gaps.

i would just like to point out that in halo 2 if you have a 50 you had it because you were mod crazy or because you bridged for host and ran 4's to get matched against other teams. If you get matched against modders they would simply be forced to play you because you couldnt use mods off host. That or they would standby you. It became a hacking game lol the best players in "team hardcore" were typically low 40's high 30's at best. What got me into MLG was watching a game on lockout from ogre 2's pov and than got to play with him quite a bit in the play list. Our first encounter was us both falling simultaniously next to eachother turning around looking at eachother and him bxr'ing the crap out of me lol

so halo 2's ranking system felt like it made more sense and it was close but you have to combine the harshness with loosing from halo 2 with the system of halo 3. The biggest problem is the 1-50. 1-50 is fine but we have wayyyyyy to many players for a 1-50. We need a 1-60, that way we can serperate the real bottom, the real top, the mid range, and the inbetweens. I think 10 more levels can add more seperation between the skill gaps.

i just wanna a true skill sytem. thats it. and thats what the other half of the halo fans want to. 343 better get it together ASAP! or else there not gonna be around to make a halo 5. they need to stop thinking about what they think would be cool and listen to the fans. AND KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Please please please implement some sort of true ranking system. Preferably 1-50. Like others have said its boring to play just to play. I miss the teamwork halo 3 and even reach brought. I bought black ops 2 and its a decent game but I want skill play. Cod has nothing on halo as far as skill. If u don't implement this soon then the population will fall and go to duty. At least it has a league play option. I've been playing halo since the first one so over ten years.So 343 I'm begging u to plz put ranked on multiplayer. Sincerely, true halo fan

1,000,000th thread on this. Suggesting a lock. And since it seems like it's so hard for you to have your smartphone app ready to check your rank, I take no note of your opinion. -.-

Seriously, something is better than nothing. Jesus, dude, be happy you even get it at all, let alone for each playlist. Spoiled gamers like you need to have everything taken from you so you can appreciate more things.

• Like 1