TheTallSpartan

I know this shouldn't really be in the Halo 4 section but there isn't really a proper section for this so here'll do ;).

Quite simply does anyone else think Halo 5 will be released along side the Xbox '720' in 2013. It seems logical to me anyway as MS will obviously want Halo to be released alongside their new console because I for one would by it if Halo came with it. And it's pretty much common knowledge the new Xbox is coming our next year so does anyone else think that, that means Halo 5 will have a 2013 release date?

• Like 1

No it won't come out next year. Releasing your biggest title onto an untested console is a horrible idea. The backlash from all the problems will hurt Microsoft not help them. They will wait a year or two like Halo 3 and make a quality product. When it releases more xbox's will have also been sold and the game will encourage more people to buy an xbox, so it will make more money releasing it later than immediately.

• Like 3

I hope not. That simply isn't enough time to enjoy Halo 4. Not only that, but I'm sure 343 wouldn't turn the series into an annual release. They need much time to produce a quality game like Halo. If it were an annual release, it would most likely suck ass because it'd be a rushed product.

By the way, it is not common knowledge that the new Xbox is out next year. We don't have that confirmation, nor do we have any official information. It's all speculation and assumptions. I don't except those as cold hard facts.

remember this is a trilogy - so I'm sure that they were already in the process of 5 and 6

I'll say Nov 2013 for H5

Being a trilogy means nothing. Bungie still took three years for each Halo game. Even 343 said Halo 4 has been in the making for three years. I'm sure they're working on Halo 5 now, but it's not going to take just one year to complete.

Well I'd say with some certainty that if they were going to release it next year they'd of put something into developing it before even the release of Halo 4...

Releasing Halo 5 next year? They haven't even gotten their **** together over Halo 4, how do you expect H5 to be even remotely successful if it was released next year?

And really? I though they've done a fantastic job with Halo 4, but that's a whole other discussion ;)

• Like 1

No it won't come out next year. Releasing your biggest title onto an untested console is a horrible idea. The backlash from all the problems will hurt Microsoft not help them. They will wait a year or two like Halo 3 and make a quality product. When it releases more xbox's will have also been sold and the game will encourage more people to buy an xbox, so it will make more money releasing it later than immediately.

Although i doubt H5 will be a early as next year, allow me to point out that Halo CE was released the same day xbox was released

Someone should have told Microsoft this when they released Halo alongside the Original Xbox...

Halo 5 will likely come out in 2015, the next Xbox is supposed to be announced in 2013 but I don't think it will go on sale until 2014. Also if a Halo 2 remake is made, it will come out in 2014 because that would mark the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2.

I disagree, the new Xbox is expected next year and I doubt they'll make the remake (if at all) before Halo 5.

I hope not. Games need more development time, not less. Especially since there were quite a few oversights in Halo 4.

Someone should have told Microsoft this when they released Halo alongside the Original Xbox...

That was different. Halo CE had longer development time. If Halo 5 is released alongside the new Xbox next year, it will have only had a year in the studio, which would worry me in terms of quality of the final product.