How to drive a Warthog!!!!

ProudDrunkIrish

RULE 1: Never stop moving.

RULE 2: Warthogs are about the guns not splatters so let the gunner do his work from a range where they cannot plasma pistol of stick you.

RULE 3: Do not go for stupid splatters i.e into corners of rocks.

RULE 4: Try to watch out for team mates

RULE 5: When killing a mantis keep distance between you and it.

where is the rule X that says you must stay away from enemy team repawn? i always die because one noob driver try to go over the enemy team or don't know how to drive and try to run over everything.... check out my shared files and see one brainless driver whe i was killing 8 peoples in a row...

The most important tip is that you have to stop the warthog and back it up whenever you run into infantry dead ahead and they are on a narrow road. You never want to drive towards or past infantry, because that is getting too close. Not only could you get plasma'd, but the gun turret turns too slowly to spin around and finish off the guy, and then there will be another guy up ahead and your turret has to move again. Try to keep all enemies in one general direction and don't drive past people. This sometimes means violating the "don't stop moving" rule. Sometimes you have to stop in your tracks and move back and forth until your gunner clears the path. What I like to do is just perform hit and runs by whipping around and just leaving and going at another angle.

Nice to see people adding a few more bits of info.. I have now made a pact never to be gunner unless i know the driver, never have I ever seen such idiocy before.

then again the odds are it is some kid or guy to stoned to see straight that is the cause of all my woes.

Should have added the rule never carry a passenger, I love people who do it on ragnarok (Igo for spartan most of the time) and they give me the easiest triple kill the game has on offer.

It Kills and it distracts also against other vehicles it is very good except maybe the tank!!! Have to give it credit a good warthog (driver/gunner) can really make the enemy teams life hard especially if the other teammates back it up...

I agree 100% lol. it is a living nightmare when the opposing team controls all vehicles.

Finally found a video accurately documenting kill-times of the 'ranged' rifles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cknUKURhc

This is troubling. Could someone explain to me the advantage of choosing either the BR or the Carbine?

Many of us have found BTB to have degenerated into a long-distance DMR campfest. As the DMR is superior over long range, and has a kill time lower than any of the others, save for the scoped light rifle, doesn't that constitute it as being slightly overpowered?

The light rifle gives away the user's position with the beam of orange light, and as few walk around permanently scoped in, it doesn't constitute as overpowered in my opinion. However, the DMR consistently preforms better than the BR or Carbine, and I feel, because of the prevalence of its use in BTB, something should be done about this.

Nice to see people adding a few more bits of info.. I have now made a pact never to be gunner unless i know the driver, never have I ever seen such idiocy before.

then again the odds are it is some kid or guy to stoned to see straight that is the cause of all my woes.

Should have added the rule never carry a passenger, I love people who do it on ragnarok (Igo for spartan most of the time) and they give me the easiest triple kill the game has on offer.

Sorry All-mighty forum poster. Didn't realize we were in 1000% serious mode.

Finally found a video accurately documenting kill-times of the 'ranged' rifles.

This is troubling. Could someone explain to me the advantage of choosing either the BR or the Carbine?

Many of us have found BTB to have degenerated into a long-distance DMR campfest. As the DMR is superior over long range, and has a kill time lower than any of the others, save for the scoped light rifle, doesn't that constitute it as being slightly overpowered?

The light rifle gives away the user's position with the beam of orange light, and as few walk around permanently scoped in, it doesn't constitute as overpowered in my opinion. However, the DMR consistently preforms better than the BR or Carbine, and I feel, because of the prevalence of its use in BTB, something should be done about this.

Think you might be in the wrong thread here lol..

But to answer your query the BR for me and many I know is better medium to short range as it allows more room for error and requires less accuracy, also when you get ''damage boost'' the BR kills faster than the DMR from what i have experienced.

The carbine fires fast and thanks to the new feature of feeling the effects of shots when zoomed in you can hit a target fast and basically prevent them from hitting you.

SO many people are terrible warthog drivers....thats why they dont usually do much killing. Most players tend to get in and charge it straight into the middle of the entire enemy team, or go top speed no matter what and tumble over on a rock and give the enemy an easy double kill.

If you have a good driver/gunner pair and use the warthog as a support weapon it can do wonders.