Halo 4 Snipers Playlist

HyBRiDx

So I have been a lover of sniping in Halo games since I started playing online (Halo 2), and that spread to a general like for sniping across other games as well. For me the map selection for Halo 3 was great for team snipers, it was fast paced, with a good variety of maps. For those who didn't play Halo 3 or plain don't remember the final map selection looked something like this:

Snipe Trap ,Snipebound ,Sniper Bridge, Sniper Canyon, Sniper Guardian , Sniper Ground, Sniper Stop, Sniperlation ,Snipestruct , Snipeoff , Sniper's Nest, Sniper Town, Sniperlanche, Snipeout, Orbital Snipers.

Now compare this to the current list of maps that we have in the playlist for Halo 4.

Longbow, Complex, Solace, Ragnarok, Vortex, Exile and Meltdown

Whilst I am not having a go at the low selection of maps available (its only just been released) the quality, and variety of maps is frankly disappointing, most of these maps feel way to large for a 4v4 (yes maps too large for snipers >.>) It comes down to selecting a map on Halo 4 for this playlist its picking the least worst, as opposed to the best.

My suggestion for the playlist would be (more medium to small maps (abandon) and get some player made maps in there using some of the completely under used maps (erosion, impact etc). Thoughts?

• Like 1

I actually feel the exact opposite way... I feel like most the maps that i keep getting are too close quarters and too full of stuff that cause a bunch of close quarter sniping and making it not very fun. Overall, most of the maps are ok, but i have been getting a bad run recently.

Fair enough, I'm playing well for the most part in the playlist (currently uploading a game to youtube) but I only feel really comfortable on Ragnarok (due to playing Halo 3 a lot) and Exile (a very good map). The rest of the maps seem to be wasted in a 4v4 as people just repeatedly rush the same sections of the maps, leaving most of the map wasted. This is when heatmaps would be nice...xD

I've said many times that 343 needs to follow the model of success laid down by Halo 2 and 3 and implement smaller and mostly symmetrical maps. I'm sure they'll put in many more maps to fix the small variation but Halo 4 needs more maps like Guardian, The Pit, Midship, Lockout, Zealot, etc. to give that exciting gameplay.

I have to say impact looks like it could produce a lot of good space maps (orbital remake anyone), and all playlists could do with a few new maps. Here's an idea for getting new maps quickly. Create a forge competition asking for maps in specific categories (size, style, maps) then pick the best one, playtest them, add them. Shame 343 are probably not going to do this whilst they are concentrating on spartan ops/ single playlist per week releases and DLC!

I really feel the community is being under used so far, and we all know people can make some fantastic maps in forge.

I don't like the radar either. Ragnarok is nice and all, but it's too one sided..really. Whoever takes over the middle first controls almost the whole game. Most of the time, this is red team, because their side is just...well, all around better really. This is from what I see at least. I do like Exile, but I haven't even played anywhere else yet haha no one votes for the other maps.