Bros to the close achievement

Dread illusions

i did it easily all you really need to do is just keep a headcount, give them good UNSC weapons or forunner weapons, and run ahead and take enimes out

I do this and still always manage to end up with 5 at the end. Don't know where that last one ends up. I use the rail gun to one shot knights in one hit and one shot crawlers with the DMR. Watchers are annoying because they either run or consume too much ammo/time. Same thing for those laser cannons. The hold out at the doors isn't hard. Neither is saving the first two marines until you reach the other four. It's that push up that hill that is the tough/annoying part.

Co-op is decidedly easier as you can throw wave after wave of spartan at the enemy getting their attention and taking heat off the marines at a minimum.

Now some tips that I find work for me to ad to the forum instead of being a pretentious jerk and simply saying ITS EASY. Clearly it's not for everyone.

AR rush the first two Promethean Knights after using the DMR to headshot the first four crawlers and sentry turret. (If there is one). After the first knight is dead after unloading a full clip into his alien hide and giving him a good butt stroke reload for the next one and the watcher.

Kill the watcher first and throw grenades to distract the knight (but avoid getting in the watchers way). After the watcher and the knight keep sprinting up the hill with the DMR and kill about three or four crawlers before the next knight appears. Press the attack and melee and AR the knight while using the AR to kill the remaining crawlers.

Always keep weapons reloaded and stay out in front to attract the gunfire. When you're making your way to the next group of four marines (6 total) DMR the watcher and any crawlers and that should exhaust the rest of your DMR ammo. Grab the rail gun at the sandbag and keep using your AR for crawlers watchers and maybe the turrets. (Up to you)

Rail gun the knights. On heroic it'll one shot knights. Just be aware of your surroundings and the concussion from the rail gun if near marines will kill them.

Restart from last checkpoint often if you notice someone from your group isn't around. That's what's worked for me so far and alot of trial and error. That's solo though I'm sure it's easier to do I co-op. And clearly I haven't succeeded yet so my advice may need some tweaking.

Hope this helped.