DMR OVERPOWERED

Nathanb123

Quite obviously 343 has some

Dmr fan like ooh I want the DMR to be the best gun in the game!! , it's ruined. What if I don't want to use the DMR? It has the fastest kill time and no matter what gun I use, weather it be at short medium or long range I can have the first shot and loose to the Dmr everytime.. I thought the weapons were supposed to be balanced?

DMR at range is very good and will outdo the BR but at close quarters the Br is superior as long as the player with it does not remain motionless!!

I use the BR all the time and I just avoid letting DMR players from having long range pot shots at me. The big difference is that they have reduced the usuable range of the BR as they had to have a reason for the DMR to exist. With the way the game has started playing out i.e. everyone keeping far apart and hiding around edges of maps the DMR has found itself being a top weapon, if they can bring out some more fast and furious lvl's then it will have no place as BR will eat it alive.

It was a pity they had to make the BR worse just to accomodate it but both have their place and personally I have taken to using the light rifle long range instead of the DMR.

I like others never played reach as they removed my favourite weapon in the game and replaced it with that abomination but in this game if they were to Nerf it they would make it redundant so you cannot really ask for that.

One thing I will say is that the DMR appears to have a ridiculouss ability to destroy vehicles in comparison to other rifles. Anyone else noticing this???

If this is true they could definitley reduce its damage to vehicles as a few DMR's kill a banshee way too easily..

I dont know what youre talking about, BR and DMR are both 4 shot kill. I kill people all the time using the BR. Infact i hate the DMR so i refuse to use it. Reach Sucked Halo 2-3 were better and i will continue to use my BR.

1. They're both 5-shot, not 4-shot.

2. DMR kills quicker. It gets it's shots off faster.

3. If you're on a map the size of Solace or bigger, good luck with that BR.

4. You'd think the longer range weapon would be weaker for a trade off?

• Like 1

I suspect IGN did the test in a static situation ie:same console, and yes, they are equal weapons at short and mid range, it is at long range that the DMR leaps ahead and frankly, it's supposed to.

Here's the reality. The DMR's damage is done with one projectile while it takes 3 for the BR to achieve the same damage. That brings network fluctuation into play. Here's a little FYI. The DMR in Reach was proven REPEATEDLY to bloom BEFORE the 1st shot was fired UNLESS you have host. That's prolly the same issue you're looking at with your BR. It happens to me from time to time and my BR strafe is absolutely lethal. The good thing is you can simply quit out of the game and go find a game where you have a better connection to the host; I do that as opposed to getting frustrated. Not taking a hit on my k/d due to network issues lol. Screw it.

You've only got a few choices really. Quit the match if the connection is crappy, deal with it, or work on your nades to set your opponents up for easier kills. This video will help with that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtMnP8rpkkA&feature=g-user-u

Fortunately, 343 has a track record with listening to the players. Unfortunately, they also have a history of making things worse than before. Taking uncaged out of the swat list instead of fixing the spawns, taking squad slayer out of the lists, unbalancing formerly symmetrical maps .... the list goes on. I say that to say this. The obvious fix is to put the game on dedicated servers. Will they do this? Who knows?

I suspect you're going to be left with the afore mentioned options as the last few years all reek of micromanagement from Microsoft. If you'll notice, none of the protocols have been followed that had accompanied the pre release of the former Halo games. I can assure you this was not 343's idea as several members of 343 were original members of the Bungie staff.

Just my thoughts

BaD

PS: That dang AR needs to be nerfed, slower rate of fire or something.

PSS: You also may want to consider adding thruster pack to your load out to duck around corners quickly or add a little range against the AR.

PSS: You also may want to consider adding thruster pack to your load out to duck around corners quickly or add a little range against the AR.

????

The AR needs to be nerfed?

You mean the same AR that is practically useless further out than mid-ranged combat? If anything the AR needs to be buffed to have a smaller spread so it can actually be used in long ranged combat.

????

The AR needs to be nerfed?

You mean the same AR that is practically useless further out than mid-ranged combat? If anything the AR needs to be buffed to have a smaller spread so it can actually be used in long ranged combat.

It's designated as a short range weapon. Derp

precision fanboy obviously

the AR is a CqC weapon, if someone using something like the DMR lets a AR user gets close, they should be punished for it just as a AR user is punished everytime they stick there neck out in the open vs a dmr user at long range.

the AR doesnt need nerfed, the precision weaposn need universally slowed by about 1 bullet or .2 seconds, and the ttk on the DMR and the BR need switching so the BR out performs the DMR at its designated range.

some people dont carea bout balance at all

precision fanboy obviously

the AR is a CqC weapon, if someone using something like the DMR lets a AR user gets close, they should be punished for it just as a AR user is punished everytime they stick there neck out in the open vs a dmr user at long range.

the AR doesnt need nerfed, the precision weaposn need universally slowed by about 1 bullet or .2 seconds, and the ttk on the DMR and the BR need switching so the BR out performs the DMR at its designated range.

some people dont carea bout balance at all

Who has a beef with precision in a shooting game?

Lets face it, the AR has it's uses - but it's unsatisfying and boring to use. Hold the RT and run forward and then maybe end in a double death melee.

Who has a beef with precision in a shooting game?

Lets face it, the AR has it's uses - but it's unsatisfying and boring to use. Hold the RT and run forward and then maybe end in a double death melee.

i could say the same for using the DMR, side strafe while spamming for headshots, omg...so satisfying.

i dont exactly have a problem with precision weapons, and i have no problem using them myself. but its getting downright stupid how people are neglecting game balance for them wanting there precision weapons to beat all else. if thats the case, remove automatics completly please, so i dont have to deal with this crap.

i could say the same for using the DMR, side strafe while spamming for headshots, omg...so satisfying.

i dont exactly have a problem with precision weapons, and i have no problem using them myself. but its getting downright stupid how people are neglecting game balance for them wanting there precision weapons to beat all else. if thats the case, remove automatics completly please, so i dont have to deal with this crap.

Side strafe while 'spamming' headshots.

LOL.

I don't think it has a quicker kill than the Battle Rifle, but I think it's easier to stay locked onto an enemy with it, due to the fact that it doesn't fly around as much as the Battle Rifle. Even though I don't do as well with the BR as I do with the DMR, I still use the BR a majority of the time and usually do well.

I don't think it has a quicker kill than the Battle Rifle, but I think it's easier to stay locked onto an enemy with it, due to the fact that it doesn't fly around as much as the Battle Rifle. Even though I don't do as well with the BR as I do with the DMR, I still use the BR a majority of the time and usually do well

The point isnt the kill rate. The DMR OWNS at long range and is the same at midrange, same at short range.

Pick your engagements if it's that big of a deal. If you, for some reason, think that the DMR is killing you so quickly, grab an assault rifle or suppressor and plan your engagements closer in. The AR will beat the DMR at close range.

Posting threads in all caps while you are on the community forums won't get you anywhere. And I'm sure that this issue has been brought to the attention of 343. Balance will come soon. Until then, you might have to adjust your playstyle.

Or, if you can't do that, just use the DMR for the time being.

I have to say its not a big deal and for those who say its as good as the br short-medium range well it might be if ye stand in front of each other but who does that?

With the BR you have more room for error when moving/jumping/strafing, as said before all weapons have to have an advantage over others, the only complaint I would have is that it seems to kill vehicles much faster than it should (this is just my opinion have not tested this properly).. maybe someone else can give their opinion on this or clarify it?