Halo 5 needler shotgun

N@han FloreZ

So yeah, NEEDLER SHOTGUN, I guess you guys read the title and its just an idea that I thought would be cool. I would like a shotgun for the covenant because after 4 games they deserve it. If you guys wernt able to pick up the clues needler and shotgun, heres how the design would go down. This would obviously be a close range weapon and it would also be able to home in on targets (yeah didnt see that coming) and after sticking they will, of course, give you candy, no theyll explode. I know most of you are like, its basically like all the other shotguns, you just get a flashy explosion, well how bout this, it would be effective against vehicles! No wait I didnt think that out, never mind. Basically this gun would just look really, really awesome. Please feel free to post any other ideas for weapons you guys would like.

amsyeWtybXJjelUx_o_halo-4-shotgun-revealed---discussion.jpg

Plus-Sign-150x150.jpg

needler.jpg

• Like 3

Wasn't the original covenant shotgun the mauler? Yeah this would be very cool but its never going to happen. Maybe someday it will be added in a mod or something like that :)

The mauler came from the Brutes, so we won't be seeing it anymore. The Gravity Hammer is only back because the Sangheili picked it up off the ground after a battle and now adopted it's technology.

The Concussion Rifle is the gun that fits the "shotgun-niche" from the Covie side, along with the Forerunner Scattershot and the UNSC Shotgun.

no way, the needler is already overpowered, why would you put it together with a shotgun? that takes all the fun out of it, it would be too powerful :laser:

i mean that is like taking the rocket launcher and making it full auto with an infinite clip!

so what do you have to say now, do you like winning because you were a noob, or because you are better.

Though it is pretty far-fetched, I kinda like this idea. Damage and rate of fire could be turned down to balance. Also could make it fire only five scattering projectiles that, if close enough that all five hit, would cause a delayed super-combine explosion. I personally would rather see this and nerf the concussion rifle.

Nice thinking outside the box! :thumbsup:

although ok in theory when thought about this is a kind of stupid idea

the covenent dont use a shotgun due to having the SWORD AND THE HAMMER.

their the only faction with 2 designated close range weapons. would it really be a good idea to give them a 3rd close range weapon? the answer is no

The covenant have multiple weapons for a bunch of things. The fuel rod gun and concussion rifle are really similar. The beam rifle and focus rifle are similar. The covenant carbine and needle rifle are similar. The plasma rifle, storm rifle, and plasma repeater are similar. Why would it be such a big deal to add a third close range weapon?

I think that this idea is awesome! They could make it like a double barreled shotgun that takes the time to reload two shots in the scattershot to reload both of the shots into it at once. It could have a better effectiveness at medium range if you aim head height. It has lots of bullet drop because of just slower bullets. It could have a longer time to fire the second burst. It could have a scope too, but it wouldn't change the accuracy, it would just make it easier to aim.

At first I though this would be stupid idea but then I realised they could balance the weapon in many ways and make it really fun to use. A needle weapon which shoots multiple needles at once. The weapon would be almost as powerful as shotgun at close range but has only one or two shots before reloading. Secondly the needles would not scatter much but they would slow down quick after going outside "shotgun range". Needles would also have ability to track but because the needles would be slow it will be quite easy to dodge.

The weapon would be almost as dangerous as shotgun and it would also be powerful at longer ranges if he player was good using it.

It only needs name.... Maybe Shatter?

Edit I read post above me. Sounds good and it seems I had quite similar idea :up:

• Like 1

I love the Concussion rifle, I liked the Brute shot more though. People always seem to dodge the Concussion rifle when I use it in Halo 4, I think I just get to excited and shoot my blast prematurley...

Err um. Yeah, forget I said that last part.

• 2 weeks later...

If not needler shotgun I would like to see covenant make more needle technology based weapons. I know there was needle rifle but it was basically Carbine with explosion effect. For example needle weapon which shoots one needle at time and has ability to track but is not impossible to dodge. It would had alternative fire which would shoot every needle from "magazine" in burst but there wouldn't be tracking ability. The weapon would essentially be long range needler but less cheap(needs more skill) and with more ammo making possible to kill several opponents without need to change a weapon

• 2 weeks later...

There are already 2 shotgun type weapons. Adding a 3rd would unbalance them. Not to mention how crazy this weapons sounds. Maybe if it was in the OG game design, it would be cool, but now it'd outclass everything.

Cuz we don't have enough carbines already right! Lol. I think it'd be fun to light people up with it. A drawback would be proximity needle explosion damage to the guy using it though...

Cuz we don't have enough carbines already right! Lol. I think it'd be fun to light people up with it. A drawback would be proximity needle explosion damage to the guy using it though...

See that would be something cool about it, because it would cause an explosion, but it would also harm the user if he were too close. To also balance it out, they could make any extra needles, over what it takes to supercombine, that end up going into the person, not explode, but shoot back at the shotgun wielder.