ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO STEPS BACK. 343 FIX, FIX, FIX

skodt666

I may be re-hashing what's already been said, but I would like to make a couple of problems that my fiancé, a couple of friends and I have with the Halo 4 (mainly Wargames) Halo Reborn HA!:

Jetpack: So we had this great feeling, very flyable Jetpack in Reach, and now, the jetpack burns for a much shorter duration, and you can barely travel ten feet straight up with it (10 feet is one story), and it's sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

War Games Maps: They are all HUGE! Plus, it doesn't say on the screen the size party that each map is best for. There's no sense of geography either in most cases, like where in the heck am I? There are a couple of maps (I won't site names as I am not going to turn my console on just to site names— you know which ones I'm talking about) that feel like some eight-year-old built them because there are vehicles and weapons just strewn about everywhere.

I have actually made very playable and fantastic maps for Reach that have been downloaded by people I have never met and we all play on them... why? Because they are PLAYABLE, creative, they work well, and they're original. I'm not rying to toot my own horn here, but fly me out to Seattle and I will show you what makes a great map and what makes a flop. I'm a graphic designer by trade with my BFA, and I made my maps just for my friends and me to play on here at home. But when total strangers are becoming my friends on LIVE and playing with me and my friends, that says something to me and gives me a sense of pride. These maps are not gimmicky or corny, they just work and they are fun.

Weapons Sounds: Some of the new audio recorded for the weapons is great, like the Covenant fuel rod gun's new sound is great. However, the rocket launcher... really? HELLO? Ever heard of the Doppler Effect? A rocket propelled projectile does not sound like the new sound recorded for the rocket launcher now. The needler sounds more like a 1960's chain gun now. WRONG. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

Weapons Choices: When we play games here at home with 4-8 people, we like to usually play Slayer or Crazy King (and Swat). When playing Slayer we'll set weapons to Primary Random & Secondary Shotgun. Our choice right? But the problem has ALWAYS been that we can't remove weapons from the playlist and whomever is the top scorer gets the big weapons in the random setting. How is that random? Sure, I get to run away with the game if I am scoring higher then, but it isn't fair that it's set up to favor the person already wining. The high scorer keeps coming up with rocket launchers and fuel rod guns.

Weapons Dual Wielding: I'm aware 343 isn't Bungie, but there are a lot of people working at 343 who were at Bungie for years making Halo. So, it's not a 100% brand new team. That being said, what the heck happened to dual wielding? I remember dual wielding Needlers? Don't give us something then take it away.

1) Make random actually RANDOM. (2) Why not make a checklist of weapons to include and omit in a custom randomizer? So, random weapons still come up, but only the weapons that are chosen from the list, that way we could omit rocket launchers if we want, or omit all of the pea shooters, or have ALL heavy weapons by the player's choice.

SCORING: Let me get one thing straight, HALO scoring is the way it is because it's HALO. Dear 343, if you want to design for Call of Duty, leave 343 and go design for the COD teams. You changed the scoring to a COD style. Game Informer said it, IGN said it, the forums are saying it, I'm saying it... so, why are you trying to turn HALO into COD? Try to deny it.

GIVING and TAKING AWAY aka "Improvements": In Halo and Halo 2 we could dual wield like weapons, Halo 3 it's gone. In Halo 3 we got Firefight, now it's gone. We had headhunter, now it's gone. In Reach, we got JETPAKS! You may as well say they are gone because it's no longer a jetpack as I mentioned above, it's a jump-pack only now.

Team Playing? Really?: So, you finally give us the ABILITY of CHOICE of which War Games game type we wish to play, and the only thing we have to vote on is which map to chose, COOL! WAIT... everything is TEAMS TEAMS TEAMS. Team King of the Hill— REALLY? What the heck is that? What if I don't want to play on a team? GONE! Now I have to play on a team, no choice otherwise.

I could go on and on and on about weapons, and maps, and style. But why? There is a great article by The Atlantic as well, I may not agree with everything it says, but this guy hits a lot on the head.

http://www.theatlant...g-wrong/265217/

Thanks,

skodt666

Download my Reach maps and we will play! I practically have my own community now LOL! Peace!

HAHA! Well, that's the thing, if I want to play COD, I will put my COD DVD in my system. Halo and COD are different games and if ya wanna play COD, don't put your Halo DVD in right?

Haha I know.

I think its a dying breed. What made Halo so special starting with Halo 2 was the rawness. Team Slayer was no place for spineless players. You could get destroyed and your rank would reflect it. Yet it was incredibly addicting, always trying to get that next rank. Then something changed in Halo 3 by adding XP but at least they still had the 1-50 rank structure. Then Reach and now H4 go totally XP (though H4 is supposed to have a rank system coming out yet I have my doubts) - all a move to dumb down the player base and make everyone feel the same - not really good and not really bad.

• Like 1

i agree. but i still want aim assist to be toggleable, im getting killed over it every game. Try to aim at there head sticks to the top left of the player model due to aim assist or when you encounter mutple people next to each other its almost impossble to switch to another person. Seems way to overbearing in this game than in previous ones.

• Like 1

None of these are "problems." The fact that the game is not what you thought it would be is the problem here. These are ALL empty-minded complaints...

Jetpack: Jetpack is perfect in Halo 4. Reach was over powered...meaning you could abuse the jetpack to ridiculous heights! I am a huge fan of jetpack since I love the extra mobility around maps...so dont get me wrong. At least in Halo 4, you're not constantly having to look up into the skys for a-holes abusing a jet pack form lame kills. The Halo 4 jetpack allows air mobility while still being tactically "stuck" to the map if you understand.

War Games Maps: I could go on forever but straight to the point:

1. The maps ARE NOT ALL HUGE. I suppose if u forget u have the sprint ability it could seem like a walk...

2. I agree the larger maps do seem cluster-f*cked with items and vehicles all over the map, but at least it plays well for its intended purpose. Dont like the large vehicle maps? Then Infinity Slayer and Slayer Pro are for you.

3. Custom made maps are more of an eye soar when it comes to matchmaking. If you say you can make better maps in forge. Okay it's your opinion. But I will say this, I'll take an original map over a brilliant custom made map anyday for obvious reasons for competitive people like myself.

4. Still complaining about maps? Well at least more are on their way next month :P

Weapons Sounds: They all are find to me. The only sound I dislike is the BR, but only beginners or BR finatics would use it over a DMR so I could care-less. (Oh yeh BR IS ACTUALLY A GOOD WEAPON IN SWAT :P )

Weapons Choices: I dont understand. ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT A CUSTOM GAME?????? LAWL!!!!!

Weapons Dual Wielding: Stupid statement. Halo Reach and Halo 4 do not have dual wielding because of limited commands on the controller. This was stated by bungie prior to the Halo Reach release. In Halo 3, dual wielding was possible. But do to weapon/map upgrades and other improvements, the dual wielding function was neglectable. I never once had to use it. There were other obvious choices and combinations that were far superior.

Scoring: I havnt noticed much from the scoring so im unsure. From what I have seen, a kill gives you points still. So no difference there. Infinity Slayer I heard they add in something else (not sure what) but again I feel its neglectable as it never seemed like a game changer to me. Otherwise you're just complaing about nothing once again....I see nothing here to do with COD or even remotely feeling like COD. And I am an avid Halo player...

Team Playing: AHAHAHAHAHA OMFG!!!!!! HALO HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE ABOUT TEAMS!!!!! Dont like it? GO PLAY COD and be a lone wolf. Others grow a ***** and learn how to play halo with friends/clans/teams/randoms. However, I do hate how Halo is a voice communicating/team oriented game and plenty of people don't use their mic....It comes free with the xbox for god's sake!!!! AND FOR A REASON AT THAT!

ALSO: screw your Reach maps ahaha Halo Reach was awful.

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR

• Like 2

Wow... Nick Fuller is Fuller of himself. Yes, what a fool I was to have an opinion contrary to yours, sir. Look up the Doppler Effect, then call me back when you get out of your prepubescent teens.

By the way, what is a jetpack for? "Too powerful"? If you want to jump higher, just adjust your jump height setting, otherwise, what is this p!$$-poor "jetpack" for? Drying off the back of your wet legs after you've peed your bed, Nick? Because that's all it can do.

Weapons Choices: Do you have trouble with reading comprehension? If you want to OMIT WEAPONS from a custom game, YOU CAN'T. Re-read the above six or seven times until the concept sinks in.

And NO, Halo was not "ALWAYS" about team playing. I have played MANY a slayer match on LIVE that wasn't team based, not ALL games are team based. Yes, I want to play lone wolf when it darn well suits me. And as for COD, I may have a copy of it, but I'm a Halo player. I have NEVER, played COD:MW3 online ever. I imagine when Halo 2 was released, you were still in pre-school, so you would't remember playing it on LIVE anyway.

By the way, wanna DL some of my maps? You will see some are tactical and some are just plain fun. They all have a great sense of balance too. So, DL them and we will play, then you can trash me all you want because I have been told that by may people that my maps are Bungie/343 worthy and if they were offered for sale, they'd buy them.

I LAWL at you sir. i can see you raging all over your post just to try and insult me to prove a point. The only insult I gave you was that I could care-less about your maps. Butt-hurt already? LAWL once again.

As for the weapon choices, I stated that you were complaining about your custom game griefs were laughable. So yes sir, I did understand where you were coming from...

If you really think jetpack isn't to YOUR standards, then don't use it. Let someone like myself use it since I understand how to use it successfully without having to fly "out of the map" to try to kill someone. Its meant to get you to a destination quicker instead of walking around for example. Another example is to use it for counter-fire or get a suprise jump on your opponent. In none of these examples are you required to fly straight up into "the atmosphere" and land a kill. Besides, the noobs who did that (or still do) in Halo Reach were easily killed off once detected (it was like a good game of ducking/bird hunting season LAWL).

So sorry that this game is a genious compared to Reach. They re-made the competitive edge that Reach lacked and for that you cry. C'mon kid keep crying for me, your tears are tasty. :D

Want FFA? You got Regicide. Want more? Too bad gotta wait for those weekly playlist updates that care coming around. You don't see me on here crying because Double Team isn't out yet right?

I LAWL at you sir. i can see you raging all over your post just to try and insult me to prove a point. The only insult I gave you was that I could care-less about your maps. Butt-hurt already? LAWL once again.

As for the weapon choices, I stated that you were complaining about your custom game griefs were laughable. So yes sir, I did understand where you were coming from...

If you really think jetpack isn't to YOUR standards, then don't use it. Let someone like myself use it since I understand how to use it successfully without having to fly "out of the map" to try to kill someone. Its meant to get you to a destination quicker instead of walking around for example. Another example is to use it for counter-fire or get a suprise jump on your opponent. In none of these examples are you required to fly straight up into "the atmosphere" and land a kill. Besides, the noobs who did that (or still do) in Halo Reach were easily killed off once detected (it was like a good game of ducking/bird hunting season LAWL).

So sorry that this game is a genious compared to Reach. They re-made the competitive edge that Reach lacked and for that you cry. C'mon kid keep crying for me, your tears are tasty. :D

Want FFA? You got Regicide. Want more? Too bad gotta wait for those weekly playlist updates that care coming around. You don't see me on here crying because Double Team isn't out yet right?

I am impressed, I have never thought I'd live to see the day where I meet one the dumbest Human beings currently living.

You, my dear sir, have givin a whole new meaning to the word "Dumbass"

Enjoy your new title, by god, you've earned it.

• Like 1

The Loadout system does make Halo 4 much faster than the previous titles, and admittedly, it makes some classic halo situations absent. Everyone spawning with a ranged weapon really makes small maps less tactical, and more like side warfare....just like Big team. Ordanance drops are usually varied for the map size, and I concour that having crazy power weapons in ordinance demeans power weapon control midway through the match when most people are dropping their ordinance, and makes for vehicles operators to be very wary. As for the scoring, I only get annoyed about 10% of the time. Some guy with 13 deaths and 3 more assists will have a higher score than me if I have 6 deaths, and maybe 1 fewer kill and assist than him. I think it should put the people with the best spread at the top, not the most "points". But I think Halo was always like that; prioritizing kills rather than deaths on the scoreboard.

Not all changes are for the worst, but they're just changes that we're not used to. Some tweaking, more maps and gametypes, and I think this can be the best Halo MP yet.

• Like 1

Competetive are you that stupid nick halo 4 they clearly made it for the bad kids who were terrible at halo. if you think this game has a skill gap then you sir are silly you are punished for being good in halo 4 now.

I LAWL once again. Did I say Halo 4 was the most competitive title out of all of the installments? NO. I said it was far more competitive than REACH. Tell me out reach was competitive? Arena? That failed for obvious reasons that I am not even going to get into. A noob can still pick up a controller and maybe get 1 kill a game or none at all (noob=unfamiliar or never played the game). So, if you are getting killed by noobs, then you sir are one of them. Halo 4 does need a competitve ranking system which is to deploy hopefully in January 2013. None of the Halo installments have had an accurate Skill Tracking system outside of a Ranking System. So what you say applied to all Halo titles. SMH think before you write.

I am impressed, I have never thought I'd live to see the day where I meet one the dumbest Human beings currently living.

You, my dear sir, have givin a whole new meaning to the word "Dumbass"

Enjoy your new title, by god, you've earned it.

Dumbest Human being? Can you please show statistics for this please? LAWL. "you, my dear sir," hmmmm seems like you're taking one of my quotes that I usually say in this post and using it for yourself. If you are going to use "the dumbest Human's" phases just to get back at me, then you are no better. Have some originality sir. Also, thank you, I will enjoy this title that has been bestowed upon me. Thank you sir.

I can see that people butt-hurt about the game they can't keep up in are getting butt-hurt that I enjoy the changes and look forward to MLG. Halo Reach MLG got trashed and even while watching them compete, I did not feel impressed in the slightest compared to MLG with Halo 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be re-hashing what's already been said, but I would like to make a couple of problems that my fiancé, a couple of friends and I have with the Halo 4 (mainly Wargames) Halo Reborn HA!:

Jetpack: So we had this great feeling, very flyable Jetpack in Reach, and now, the jetpack burns for a much shorter duration, and you can barely travel ten feet straight up with it (10 feet is one story), and it's sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

War Games Maps: They are all HUGE! Plus, it doesn't say on the screen the size party that each map is best for. There's no sense of geography either in most cases, like where in the heck am I? There are a couple of maps (I won't site names as I am not going to turn my console on just to site names— you know which ones I'm talking about) that feel like some eight-year-old built them because there are vehicles and weapons just strewn about everywhere.

I have actually made very playable and fantastic maps for Reach that have been downloaded by people I have never met and we all play on them... why? Because they are PLAYABLE, creative, they work well, and they're original. I'm not rying to toot my own horn here, but fly me out to Seattle and I will show you what makes a great map and what makes a flop. I'm a graphic designer by trade with my BFA, and I made my maps just for my friends and me to play on here at home. But when total strangers are becoming my friends on LIVE and playing with me and my friends, that says something to me and gives me a sense of pride. These maps are not gimmicky or corny, they just work and they are fun.

Weapons Sounds: Some of the new audio recorded for the weapons is great, like the Covenant fuel rod gun's new sound is great. However, the rocket launcher... really? HELLO? Ever heard of the Doppler Effect? A rocket propelled projectile does not sound like the new sound recorded for the rocket launcher now. The needler sounds more like a 1960's chain gun now. WRONG. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

Weapons Choices: When we play games here at home with 4-8 people, we like to usually play Slayer or Crazy King (and Swat). When playing Slayer we'll set weapons to Primary Random & Secondary Shotgun. Our choice right? But the problem has ALWAYS been that we can't remove weapons from the playlist and whomever is the top scorer gets the big weapons in the random setting. How is that random? Sure, I get to run away with the game if I am scoring higher then, but it isn't fair that it's set up to favor the person already wining. The high scorer keeps coming up with rocket launchers and fuel rod guns.

Weapons Dual Wielding: I'm aware 343 isn't Bungie, but there are a lot of people working at 343 who were at Bungie for years making Halo. So, it's not a 100% brand new team. That being said, what the heck happened to dual wielding? I remember dual wielding Needlers? Don't give us something then take it away.

1) Make random actually RANDOM. (2) Why not make a checklist of weapons to include and omit in a custom randomizer? So, random weapons still come up, but only the weapons that are chosen from the list, that way we could omit rocket launchers if we want, or omit all of the pea shooters, or have ALL heavy weapons by the player's choice.

SCORING: Let me get one thing straight, HALO scoring is the way it is because it's HALO. Dear 343, if you want to design for Call of Duty, leave 343 and go design for the COD teams. You changed the scoring to a COD style. Game Informer said it, IGN said it, the forums are saying it, I'm saying it... so, why are you trying to turn HALO into COD? Try to deny it.

GIVING and TAKING AWAY aka "Improvements": In Halo and Halo 2 we could dual wield like weapons, Halo 3 it's gone. In Halo 3 we got Firefight, now it's gone. We had headhunter, now it's gone. In Reach, we got JETPAKS! You may as well say they are gone because it's no longer a jetpack as I mentioned above, it's a jump-pack only now.

Team Playing? Really?: So, you finally give us the ABILITY of CHOICE of which War Games game type we wish to play, and the only thing we have to vote on is which map to chose, COOL! WAIT... everything is TEAMS TEAMS TEAMS. Team King of the Hill— REALLY? What the heck is that? What if I don't want to play on a team? GONE! Now I have to play on a team, no choice otherwise.

I could go on and on and on about weapons, and maps, and style. But why? There is a great article by The Atlantic as well, I may not agree with everything it says, but this guy hits a lot on the head.

http://www.theatlant...g-wrong/265217/

Thanks,

skodt666

Download my Reach maps and we will play! I practically have my own community now LOL! Peace!

There are a few things I would like to point out.

We did not have firefight in Halo 3.

343 is made up of at most 10% previous bungie employees.

And dual wielding needler has been gone since Halo 3 so they did not really take it away.

Some things that should have made this list would be weapon despawning ( Its literally like 10 seconds)

Killcams (If you cant do it right why add it?)

Anyways I agree with you on some of your points like scoring, I much rather preffered kill based. And I will meet you halfway on map size, some just dont really work. (Vortex is the worst. Ever.)

As for team playing, yea halo has mostly been around team based playlist, (Team Slayer, CTF, BTB).

FFA has been the only playlist when you are not on a team.

I completely agree on map size. 343 needs maps like Lockout, Midship, Guardian, Zealot, etc. Those maps just flat out play better.

The imbalance of the jetpack and other armor abilities, along with bloom, were atrocities in Halo Reach, which are just some of the reasons that drove a huge portion of the Halo matchmaking population away. If anything Halo Reach is the one that took 10,000 steps back and Halo 4 is stepping forward now. I'm not saying Halo 4 can't improve because there is lots of room for improvement as you indicated, but Halo 4 > Halo Reach.

• Like 1

So added boost to Jetpack is a gamebreaker, but constant wallhack isn't??? Get this, flying (while conserving your boost) as you scope and kill is a SKILL! No other loadout requirement comes even close to it. And you are vurnable like hell while up there for any combined shooting. Jetpack as is now is worthless. Period.

In fact, I would argue that since the bloom is gone the ground force have an even easier job taking flyboys out, so to balance Jetpack, would mean letttng it have an even BIGGER boost than in Reach if anything.

• Like 1

So added boost to Jetpack is a gamebreaker, but constant wallhack isn't??? Get this, flying (while conserving your boost) as you scope and kill is a SKILL! No other loadout requirement comes even close to it. And you are vurnable like hell while up there for any combined shooting. Jetpack as is now is worthless. Period.

In fact, I would argue that since the bloom is gone the ground force have an even easier job taking flyboys out, so to balance Jetpack, would mean letttng it have an even BIGGER boost than in Reach if anything.

Ummmmm no. Jet pack is perfect the way it is. I use it as one of my mains. It's all about how you use it. So if you say it's useless, it's because you're not good at it. I think thruster is useless, but I just suck at it.

With Promethean vision nothing is really affected. You can't see if an enemy is a one-shot or have any real obvious advantage. Also, map control is still a factor in the game and the guy you see behind a wall, you're probably going to be battling like normal. With jetpack in Reach, map control is gone and usually there is no way to see a flanking jetpacker coming. Any team effort to acquire map control is rendered insignificant and anybody that can press trigger and the fly button can easily get a kill with little skill required.

With Promethean vision nothing is really affected. You can't see if an enemy is a one-shot or have any real obvious advantage. Also, map control is still a factor in the game and the guy you see behind a wall, you're probably going to be battling like normal. With jetpack in Reach, map control is gone and usually there is no way to see a flanking jetpacker coming. Any team effort to acquire map control is rendered insignificant and anybody that can press trigger and the fly button can easily get a kill with little skill required. Jetpack and armor lock needed a serious nerfing for Halo 4 to revive balance in gameplay, and that's what they got (hardlight shield in place of armor lock).

You can HEAR a Jetpacker a mile away. Wallhack waaaaay overpowered + biggest camp-tool ever.

• Like 1