Cripled matchmaking

azulbanana

Hello there 343 studios.

Working hard or hardly working? dohohohoh, but seriously, my guess is you are hardly working... On your latest and only game at least.

I got a problem with this game, a big problem and that problem is the matchmaking.

I'm actually writing as I wait for a game to start. I got mad for the crippled matchmaking of Halo 4, opened the wordpad and started writing ths post.

Where to start... well, let's start with how the game makes teams... or tries to make teams.

I don't see any effort into making even teams. Most of the times the game puts low leves at one side and high levels in the other. Not only that but I also noticed how the game reaches the point of placing the first 4 players in one team, and the rest in the opposite team.

This is a true story: it isn't the first time I start a match with 5 players and the game makes a blue team with 4 players and a red team with 1 (and vice versa).

Your matchmaking simply doesn't work. The game can't make teams, it can't. It randomly puts players in one team even if it means a 5 players team against 1 player team.

But wait, there is more.

The game takes tooooo much time finding players. Actually, it reaches a point where some matches simple won't start because the teams aren't full. I've waited 10 minutes for a match to start (I'm still waiting by the way), because the game wanted a 16 player match for Big Team Slayer.

This is embarassing to say the least. We are in 2012 and this game can't even start a game without a full player match.

This doens't happen all the time, most of the times the game just make ridiculous matches with one team filled with +50 lvl players against 15 or lower level players, or even making uneven teams in terms of number of players. Either way, I rarely play an online game without being plagued with those problems.

Maybe instead of filling the game with useless playlists like Team Sniper, you should actually focus on making the online functional.

I'm sorry if I'm being too agressive with this post, but the game already got 2 updates and I see the same problems with the matchmaking since day 1. My guess is, there isn't enough people bothering with complains about this subject.

I hope you fix this problem, I hope you make Halo 4 multiplayer at least nearly as functional as previous Halo games.

Best of luck, from a pissed Halo fan.

PS: I gave up on waiting for the match to start. The game stayed in the matchmaking screen for 15 minutes and then restarted the search. I said enough and turned it off.

Considering seriously at going back to Halo Reach...

Maybe instead of filling the game with useless playlists like Team Sniper, you should actually focus on making the online functional.

Useless? Team Snipers is the best playlist so far. However the ranking system needs a lot of work. I am a decent sniper and so are my friends, but when we go into a snipers match the other team is exponentially better than us. Lag and lag compensation make up a lot of the problems but its getting a little out of hand. The same goes for Team SWAT.