Great idea on how to foge old maps

Benchimus

Call me a lazy pos but surely somebody has thought of this already. It is indeed time consuming but will make a 100% perfect remake and requires not inventiveness on your part: For any old maps that were remade in Reach that you may want to Forge but arent sure if you can get the angles right, etc. Just go into Forge in Reach. Write down the coordinates and name for EVERY piece on that map. Then go to Forge in 4, adjust for any differences that may be encountered in case said coordinates happen to put you into a piece of land and simply enter the same coordinates for all the same pieces. I have started doing this with Eclipse, Bungies Reach remake of Lockout. At the time of this typing, I only have the center platform and railings around it done but it is coming along great.

lol I wouldn't say that's lazy. That might actually take more time than rebuilding the map on your own, however more effective.

It is indeed time consuming. But when its done it should be a 100% accurate copy of Eclipse. Fear of not getting the ramp angles, walkway widths, or anything else exactly right had prevented me from trying to make a copy of my own from memory. After Lockout I will go through the other Bungie made remakes and copy as I see fit. lol

Yeah bro, thats not lazy lol. Your definitely going the extra mile to get the map perfect. I tip my hat to you sir as I would just remake it fairly well from memory but it wouldn't be perfect like yours will. Let me know when its done, i'd love to see how it turned out.

Its def taking longer than I thought but it is coming along. Problem is, while 99% of the pieces in 4's forge are the same as Reach's were, a few are not. So I am having to wing it in a few places. I will def let you know when it is done.

• 3 weeks later...