So, here is my main issue with Halo 4.

During many different game types (usually CTF) I can get betrayed on average about 3-5 times before I can get an option to boot someone. However, if I were to retaliate and betray those same people, I get Booted for one betrayal.

So, why can these people sit here an intentionally betray me countless times before I get an option to boot, but if I were to betray them, I get booted on Betrayal? How is that fair?

Also, has anyone else had this problem?

>Pic unrelated, just a picture of one of my cats.

post-46399-0-65708700-1353358062_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the same exact situation you just described happened to me. This seriously needs to be looked into. Either fix the booting system to where it allows one betrayel per match or remove friendly fire completely. It pisses me off when people don't play the game the way it's meant to be played.

• 2 weeks later...

This has always been a problem with Halo, not knowing whether a betrayal was purposeful or accidental. They could add some sort of a forgive/punish system, say I betray you completely by accident and you can tell that it was an accident, then you would click forgive and nothing would happen. If you saw that it was intentional, then you could click punish, and if I accumulated 3 punishes in a game, I would get kicked on the third punish.

I realize that Halo already has a system like this, press "x" to boot and "b" to dismiss, but like you said OP, it can be very random at times.

-Inversion

You have three betrayals. When you betray a fourth they get the option to boot you. Your betrayals carry over from three previous games. So one betrayal in three games in a row = option to boot. And no one ever forgives even if its an accident.

Edit: What i said appers to not be true! I got booted today after just one betrayl so its apparently completley random..

• 1 year later...

Why doesn't anybody consider the idea that you are blatantly betraying somebody if you are going out for revenge on somebody who betrayed you? The system doesn't always recognize the first betrayal as intentional but when you target that person and go after them, it does remember that they killed you and you are out for vengeance...

I mean really people?