custom maps spawn error

matt-boi

i have a very annoying problem that when i attempt to play my custom built map on custom games my character instantly dies (average lifetime says 0.04 seconds). this is extremely irritating. i have tried moving deleting and changing all spawn points. all settings on the game, and everything else i can think of. it only happens on my map and not on forge. any help would be much appreciated.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ahr0Q76mXea7EZsenUyBh8UgBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20121119102522AAou3zr

Assuming you only have one set of initial spawns while occuring this error, I must ask the following questions:

Have you placed a single initial spawn, editied said spawn, and copied that spawn into all other instances of inital spawns that you have?

Are you trying to spawn out of bounds?

Do you have soft kill boundries around the spawn rather than kill zones?

1) Make sure you have not edited the advanced settings beyond your comprehension. Place a blank initial spawn by the first spawn you think you put down. Check both sets of advanced settings and make sure the first few settings' numbers match.

2) Spawn in bounds.

3) Delete all soft kill boundries. These should only cause problems if you have them enabled outside of objective based games.

• Like 1