Matchmaking Skill level

A Fhaol Bhig

I just dont understand how you can say that your going against people who domimate you while you know just how good you are, your k/d is really decent, youve been winning many games lately, and your frustrated. Like bro unless you want instant Walshy skills what do you want? To go 20-0 on every single game you play? Im telling you right now.....so does every single other Halo player out there.

Fact is the only thing you can do is to take it easy in the way that like you know how good yu are and that should be enough. Going positive means ****, having skills and putting them to use when being called out is what counts. So just know that getting dominated like that means you gotta work on your skils and you gotta play smarter.

Just chill and practice man. Thats all it takes. Right now im in a clan where im like in the middle when talking about skill. One main reason as to why im in it is that i feel like gotta surpass everyone else. Its something that ive been searching for: competition and just good people to play with.

Im just giving out my thoughts from what i see and my experiences.

• Like 1

That's what I'm saying, I'm a okay player but the people I go up against are way out of my league. I'm not learning from my mistakes the same way I would have in other games.

Yes I'm doing okay, and winning some but that's because of my team. I don't want instant awesome skills, I just want games that I can learn from and instead it seems all I get are games where I just get spawn trapped or completely outplayed. I don't mind losing horribly if I can learn from that loss, I can't read minds but I can see what routes they took. But I don't see them doing anything different other then just having much better aim and knowledge of the spawns. That's why it's frustrating.

I guess you're right. At some point being trounced so often means that at another point I'll just end up better for it. Consider it growing pains I guess.

Well there you go man. Like i just played a game of SWAT. I had a full team, and then i lost two people. It was hell bro. There was a player on the other team playing soo above average that the player alone went 32-6......-_-...that *******. I went 18-16 in that game considering the destruction of that player alone. Not counting the others lol yu can imagine. My poor teammate went 7-30. Idk whos fault it is but i mean he was one sorry ass kid lol

The person on the other team sent me a voice message bragging. And it turns out to be a female with a sexy voice. But i mean i felt like i was the prescence of someone that doesnt exist. It was unreal.

But anyways back to point. Me feeling that i was doing bad didnt have it as bad as my teamate due to my constant practice and positioning knowledge.

This story is meant to show that no matter how bad yu seem to have it there are those who have it worse and we should improve ourselves before complaing about how bad were having it.

Well there you go man. Like i just played a game of SWAT. I had a full team, and then i lost two people. It was hell bro. There was a player on the other team playing soo above average that the player alone went 32-6...... -_-...that *******. I went 18-16 in that game considering the destruction of that player alone. Not counting the others lol yu can imagine. My poor teammate went 7-30. Idk whos fault it is but i mean he was one sorry ass kid lol

The person on the other team sent me a voice message bragging. And it turns out to be a female with a sexy voice. But i mean i felt like i was the prescence of someone that doesnt exist. It was unreal.

But anyways back to point. Me feeling that i was doing bad didnt have it as bad as my teamate due to my constant practice and positioning knowledge.

This story is meant to show that no matter how bad yu seem to have it there are those who have it worse and we should improve ourselves before complaing about how bad were having it.

swat is the only playlist that its better to lose a teamate it doesn't matter if you lose teammate in swat because you don't need to hold anything.

it's not that this game is to hard or your put with people on your skill it just seems everyone is decent at the game now the hit box is so big you can pick up this game for the first time and go postive like cod. instant respawn helps people who suck kill kill kill i literly play games where i am constantly pressing the shoot trigger no grace peroid and constantly getting sprees and frenzys but because i am penalized for being good i run out of ammo and die.

simple solution is grow a set and play to get better

stop moaning that you do not get noobs and learn from those who are beatin bits out of you.

And for a man who does not care about KDR you sure go on about it a lot...

Not having fun try some objective games or BTB honestly never have I ever heard the likes!!

If you read my post you'll notice I state "but I'm always finding myself on the verge of going negative or losing."

Just as I get matched up against players who are much better then me, my teammates tend to outperform me as well. That's why I got a lot of those recent wins. And if I were making this up, why would I talk about myself performing poorly? Wouldn't I say something like "I'm so amazing at this game because I'm being matched against scrubs!"

I also have access to vehicles and power weapons and that obviously helps keep my K/D positive as well as the fact that even the best players die. I do get some good kills and triples with the BR and DMR but that doesn't mean they aren't much better players.

Or reported for blatantly trolling and trying to derail the topic.

I wasn't saying you were making it up I just think you are complaining when you obviously don't need to because you are doing well in terms of K/D and Win/Loss. Stop getting so butt hurt -.-

For crying out loud... can anybody actually read? The OP asked a question that hasn't been answered by a single post in this thread. Not one person has answered it. Sure, there have been a few decent posts that didn't go off, but for the most part it's been nothing but rants and saying the OP needs to get better.

Fhaol, to answer your question from your OP, yes, you are having issues based off of the CSR (competitive skil rank) that is currently working behind the scene. When you first start playing, it randomly pairs you with people who are more recent additions to the game and haven't played a lot. Whether they've played Halo in any prior form or not does not matter, they are just fairly new to Halo 4. As you continue to play, you develope a baseline CSR, and if you've performed well in this time frame, it is going to be higher. Thus, now that you have your baseline CSR, it is going to pair you up with players of equal skills, plus or minus some.

And it is at this point that the game is resetting your baseline, based on how you do against these new players. It's basically going to average out how you competed early on in your Halo 4 career, and now that it gave you a number, it's going to take into account your more recent games, and then find a nice balance. However, if you keep winning (like you stated is happening due to teammates), your CSR is going to stay higher, and you're going to keep being paired with these same types of individuals.

Unfortunately, that is about all we know of the CSR, we don't know the actual system behind it, other than it is similar to what was in Halo 2 and Halo 3 in it's workings, but that doesn't mean 343 hasn't modified it in some way (which I'm almost sure they have). Without having a visible number available to us as of yet (won't happen until early 2013), then it's extremely hard to determine how exactly it is placing you.

As far as i know, 343 have implemented a "true skill" matchmaking system are putting it through the testing phases at the moment so that its working properly for when they release ranked mode.

It would appear to me that you have not played many games with a good true skill matchmaking system. Yes Halo 3 had ranked but in that you start from rank 1 and work your way up the ranks by winning games, so it has a fairly predictable learning curve, i.e it starts off easy and gets harder as you rank up. This is very different to the system 343 is using.

The basics of the new true skill matchmaking system:

You have a hidden matchmaking rating. It will try and match you with people with a similar rating. If you keep beating people the system matches you with higher rated players, it will keep matching you with higher and higher rated players until you start losing about 50% of you games and your rating will level off at that point. The same goes for losing to, it will keep matching you against lower rated players until you are winning about 50% of your games.

What can sometimes happen is you play against people who are over-rated/under-rated (this happens quite a lot when the system has only been in place for a short period of time and it hasnt had time to filter everyone through to the correct ratings). What is happening to you is happening to many other people. In the past you have played against people who have been over-rated and by beating them this has made you over-rated to. So at the moment you are playing at a level too high for you. It's not an ideal situation to be in but the only way to get out of it is to continue playing. Yes you may lose a bunch of games and your KD may go down but after a bit of time the system will keep lowering your rating until you get to a place where you are again winning 50% of your games.

But in all honesty, i think you are probably playing against people of similar skill level. If you are playing slayer, then if the system is working perfectly, you should win 50% of games and have a KD at around 1.00 (definitely not 2.XX unless you are playing with bad team mates all the time so you still only win half your games).

Sometimes it a massive shock to "good" players when they come up against other good players instead of getting matched randomly (which usually means worse players than you). It's not hard to get a 2+ KD when people you are matched against are worse than you. This is why KD stats can ruin games. People care too much about getting it high, but does it really mean anything if most of the people you play against are worse than you?

Now actually good players shine, and the "posers" are getting their face rubbed in the dirt.

• Like 1

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP and I hate it. Starting off I had a very high K/D ratio and games were much easier which makes sense. Now that I've got some games under my belt I'm getting paired up with some really really good players that are literally kicking my butt. I'd love to understand what goes into the matchmaking because I'm not really at the same level as my opponents right now. Does it take into consideration headshots and accuracy? That's the only reason why I might be paired with these players because in all other aspects of the game they kick my butt. They know the maps better, they play better as a team, they use their surrounding well, they know where I am at all times even when I'm trying to be stealthy....It's very frustrating.

I'm not a great player but I'm a good player who does well with a DMR or BR but when I'm getting shot and I try to duck for cover, I'm running into a rock that I didn't know existed or I find myself staring at a wall looking for an opening to try and escape. I just don't have the awareness with H4 yet like I did with Halo 3. The guys I'm playing seem to have already mastered every map and every location. I know that I'll improve once I get to know the maps better I guess my point is that it won't matter much. I'm still playing players that are more organzied and are better all around. I'm losing heads up battles probably 2 to 1 right now. Here's a better visual.... I was a 46 on Halo 3 with maybe a 1.4 K/D ration but if I got into a game with a 48 or higher, I was basically losing more battles than I was winning. I felt like my rank was very accurate. Right now, I'd say that if H4 had a similar ranking system I might be around a 38-40 because I'm rusty, don't know the maps, adapting to new game variables etc. But I'm being paired against players that are probably 48s Doesn't seem right to me.