Tried to give halo 4 another chance tonight

Balloonloons

And I wanted to throw my Xbox out the window.

First game was thrown into ctf other team winning 2 to 0. I only had 2 other team mates as the rest of the team wasn't there. With 1 min left and Score 4-0 my team finally filled up. And then we lost. My average life was 10 seconds and not one double kill or more. Had like 3 kills total lol.

Then played the famous ragnarok where the other team stole both mechs and camped the middle. I spent about 5 mins getting raped before I quit from frustration as there was just no way to come back.

Then I played a final game ctf where again I was thrown into a match with uneven teams. Of course me being in the on with less. My team mates and I ran around like headless chickens getting raped around each corner by the larger team.

All games result in the same. Campers, losing team, and outnumbered. It's so stupid. This game is not halo it is not even cod. It's a mish mosh of ideas that don't belong together in one game. It's frustrating and not even a little fun. I've been playing halo for 10 years. I'm very good at it. This game is about to go for a trade in or in the garbage. Hope 343 at least buys lunch for my 60$.

• Like 1

I play halo for halo style not COD style or crysis or anything else HALO IS HALO this is not Halo.

everyone can run? COD

loadouts- COD

ordinance- COD

Perks at higher levels - COD

So where is the Halo in this mess? OH WAIT

ITS COD WITH HALO GRAPHICS I GET IT!!!!

343 huge failure in the multiplayer portion of the game WTF were you thinking

hmm.

COD= Laying in prone, killstreaks (if you think this is the same as ordinance than LOL), ironsights, smaller maps, no vehicles, no weapon spawns, etc.

Halo= Crouching only, weapon ordinance, no sights on quite a few guns (scopes on the ones that you can zoom in on), large, open maps, vehicles, weapon spawns

seems like you had a few bad games and got owned a few times. If you played Halo 3 and earlier you would know that campers were in more abundance than they are now. Maybe you should communicate and use teamwork so that the enemy team cant get both mantises and than "camp" in the middle?

Chill. Not knockin on COD since I have occasional fun in their games (thinking about picking up BO2 on black friday?) but Halo and COD both have extreme playstyle differences. Just because you can cherry pick some features that are similar doesnt mean they are the same game.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 2

hmm.

COD= Laying in prone, killstreaks (if you think this is the same as ordinance than LOL), ironsights, smaller maps, no vehicles, no weapon spawns, etc.

Halo= Crouching only, weapon ordinance, no sights on quite a few guns (scopes on the ones that you can zoom in on), large, open maps, vehicles, weapon spawns

seems like you had a few bad games and got owned a few times. If you played Halo 3 and earlier you would know that campers were in more abundance than they are now. Maybe you should communicate and use teamwork so that the enemy team cant get both mantises and than "camp" in the middle?

Chill. Not knockin on COD since I have occasional fun in their games (thinking about picking up BO2 on black friday?) but Halo and COD both have extreme playstyle differences. Just because you can cherry pick some features that are similar doesnt mean they are the same game.

While I, too, see the vast differences of the games, I disagree with some of your points.

When they made Halo 4, 343i definitely tried broadening their gamer horizon. What company doesn't want to? However, I feel that when they tried it, they totally overdid it. While, sure, they may have gained some customers, they definitely lost a lot of diehard halo fans. Killed the series for many. And to be honest, I don't blame them. Many mechanics they changed began encouraging camping and sitting with the power weapons. Stopping power is a prime example. No longer can people try covering any sort of ground because the minute they pop their head out, they're stopped in their tracks by some camper with a BR. Another example is the removal of un-zooming the sniper. Back in Halo 3, people couldn't camp with the Sniper/Sword combo - unless they were great at no-scoping, a BR would rock them. Now, they're capable of sitting in the back of Solace with the Sniper and the Shotgun and not able to be touched by any BR, DMR, LR, or any other type of R.

I simply think they could've appealed to other demographics in better, more subtle ways. Halo was my favorite series hands-down, but halo really took a hit on my personal list after this one. I mean, Halo 4 is fun, but nowhere near as fun as Halo 3 was.

While I, too, see the vast differences of the games, I disagree with some of your points.

When they made Halo 4, 343i definitely tried broadening their gamer horizon. What company doesn't want to? However, I feel that when they tried it, they totally overdid it. While, sure, they may have gained some customers, they definitely lost a lot of diehard halo fans. Killed the series for many. And to be honest, I don't blame them. Many mechanics they changed began encouraging camping and sitting with the power weapons. Stopping power is a prime example. No longer can people try covering any sort of ground because the minute they pop their head out, they're stopped in their tracks by some camper with a BR. Another example is the removal of un-zooming the sniper. Back in Halo 3, people couldn't camp with the Sniper/Sword combo - unless they were great at no-scoping, a BR would rock them. Now, they're capable of sitting in the back of Solace with the Sniper and the Shotgun and not able to be touched by any BR, DMR, LR, or any other type of R.

I simply think they could've appealed to other demographics in better, more subtle ways. Halo was my favorite series hands-down, but halo really took a hit on my personal list after this one. I mean, Halo 4 is fun, but nowhere near as fun as Halo 3 was.

I can agree with the unzooming part, but camping with the power weapons was more of a thing that I experienced in previous games. Power weapons are in much larger abundance now, making the scarcity of the power weapons a thing of the past. You had to camp with it to keep it in your possession, and in effect your teams possession. Now DMRs and other weapons weed out campers and the fact that weapons dissapear immediately after being dropped cause the game to increase pace, not slow down like these camping claims would imply.

Halo 3 was probably one of the best, if not the best online experience I've ever played. However, Halo 4 is fairly close, and that says a lot from a guy who has a lot of nostalgia and good memories with Halo 4. Halo has always been about reinventing the game while keeping the core aspects the same, and I think thats where Halo 4 really strives. I cant wait for the file browser to be released so that I can play tons of customs.

The biggest relation between Halo 4 and Call of Duty that people forget to mention is that neither game takes much skill at all.. Halo you don't even need to aim anymore, no bloom turns swat into spray and pray, dmr is so precise doesn't take any skill to use, boltshot, binary rifle, incineration cannon, saw, anyone can go on a killing spree with those, etc.. Call of Duty campings a bit harder, but if you can do it right you got your killstreaks piling up on each other, giving you the most kills on your team when really all you did was control a stupid airplane.

I do have fun with Halo 4 sometimes, like the campaign, and occasionally matchmaking. A lot of the time, I wonder if it should go to charity, as they might want a $60 frisbee. The good times and bad times kinda balance each other out on my scale, but I can say it's not as amazing as I'd originally hoped.

You serious? Or trollin'?

The biggest relation between Halo 4 and Call of Duty that people forget to mention is that neither game takes much skill at all.. Halo you don't even need to aim anymore,

Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously with a statement like that? CoD takes a decent amount of skill to do well consistantly, especially on certain gametypes. Halo 4 most certainly takes quite a bit of skill.

In fact, as my friend pointed out, unless a game is entirely luck based, like chutes and ladders, I'm pretty sure there's skill involved.

no bloom turns swat into spray and pray

But most engagements in SWAT are resolved within a single bullet from each player. You know, before bloom makes ANY difference? If bloom made a difference, it's because neither player (note, relating this back to my first point) was GOOD enough to kill with the first shot.

dmr is so precise doesn't take any skill to use

But bloom in Reach was bad? Or the BR in Halo 1 and 2 took no skill to use? Does that apply to professional Halo teams too? What exactly is the major difference here between the Halo 2 BR, and the Halo 4 DMR in terms of skill? You do realize that there is something that determines who wins DMR duels right? Oh yeah, it's caleld skill.

boltshot, binary rifle, incineration cannon, saw, anyone can go on a killing spree with those, etc..

But rockets take skill? Which have been an MLG standard for like, since ever? The boltshot requires a pretty high degree of timing. It would be pretty terrible if it was any weaker. The incineration cannon really isn't much more OP than rockets are, and in fact comes with a fair degree of disadvantages. The saw gets wrecked in any 1v2 equal skill matchup (where other power weapons would not). I thought powerful weapons are a huge part of Halo?

Call of Duty campings a bit harder,

Um. What?

Are you serious? In CoD, you can pick all stealth perks, a silencer, and sit in a bush, killing dudes running around, and chances are it would take them a while to figure it out. Being a military shooter, the best strategies in CoD generally involve camping HARD, locking down routes and areas by aiming at doorways. In Halo, the second you shoot, or hell, MOVE, people know where you are, and can easily destroy you.

I do have fun with Halo 4 sometimes... a $60 frisbee... The good times and bad times kinda balance each other out

So you have fun with the game, and it is more or less an average experience for you... But it's a 60$ frisbee. Okay crazyface.

• Like 1

No, it doesn't take much skill. I'm not saying 0% sir technical, but it's so much easier. Swat can be ended in 1 bullet, yes. But is it always like that? No. Sometimes you run into people around a corner, over a hill, etc., and it just comes down to who can pull the trigger faster half the time. IMO, Reach was a step up for swat. My opinion. No, you couldn't get a triple kill off one burst anymore, but I thought it was a good thing. Yes, using a DMR takes a bit more skill than a BR in swat, I'll stand pretty firm on that. In Reach especially (even the magnum), but even so in 4. Oh my, I forgot to mention a rocket. WOW. I'm glad you picked up on the fact that everyone can get a rocket launcher through ordinance drops too. Or any of those weapons, for that matter. And you can spawn with a boltshot and all. And yea, a magnum and boltshot equal out, definitely. Or not. A magnum you have to time all 6 shots, a boltshot you have two chances to get one, well-timed shot. Why does that comparison matter? Secondary weapons should both have their ups and downs. They do, but a boltshot has one-shot potential, knocking both other secondaries out of the water. I'm not saying that because I hate it, I love the boltshot. I use it all the time. Incineration cannons have bigger explosion ranges, and stall there for a couple seconds. Rockets you can at least somewhat dodge. Call of duty there's killcams that actually work. If I get killed by someone camping, I chuck a semtex across the map and can usually get the kill. Halo you have shields and the moment you get shot once you can turn and run. You get shot once in Call of Duty and you're dead, no more killstreak. If someone gets the jump on you from behind you usually can't just sprint away.

I didn't realize that each one of my words would be taken into full detail analysis, otherwise I would have used more detail. Sorry, sir.