A challenge to 343...

jmf7334

A challenge to 343:

When you launch multiplayer for Halo: CE, run an a/b split test for the following variable:

A (Control): Multiplayer with Motion Sensor enabled

B (Test): Multiplayer with Motion Sensor DISABLED

After 3 months see how frequently players given variant B of multiplayer play and also how long they play. I guarantee that although you may get some resistance at first, players will see that DISABLING motion sensor improves the gameplay on every level and you will have a much more engaged, sustainable fan base that LOVES IT!

Motion Sensor takes away the element of surprise and also slows down the gameplay. It takes away the possibility of "ditching" an opponent because they can just watch their radar. It also accommodates campers who can sit in one spot and wait for the red dots to come around. Plus, how cool is it to turn the corner and BAM, an enemy in your face and both of you equally suprised. Motion Sensor removes these essential elements in a FPS and gives nothing in return.

Exactly... radar and motion sensor reduces players to crouching around everywhere, basically making it a slow pace sneak game. That's stupid though. It reduces the enjoyability of the game and contributes nothing back in terms of game play. This is why professional Halo tournaments (MLG) always turn motion sensor off.

The real challenge for 343 would be to be as good or better than its predecessor Bungie. a great start is to make an anniversary to the best game of all time (in my opinion) which is halo combat evolved. Even though this is a step in the right direction, i would tread damned lightly. This is a touchy concept that has a very fine line to walk on. The most changes should be on multiplayer improvement. Any deviations on the campaign could have extreme backfires that could dig 343 industries' grave. focusing on replacing the game engine and remastering the campaign. addons to the cutscenes are acceptable, as long as they stay on the story line. AN ELITE WITH DIARRHEA WOULD BE A BAD ADD ON! lol. but seriously, by possibly adding mission breifings to the cutscenes, it could allow the player to get more involved in the game. it could also fail misserably. be careful on remaking a legendary game such as halo: combat evolved because its fan base is MASSIVE. to put it in perspective, the first game put out by a new developer would have a 50/50 chance of success or failure, where as the first game put out by 343 has a fan base of MILLIONS. if you screw up the game, even just a tiny bit, it can and will piss off the fan base and with something as big as the halo fan base, you DO NOT want to piss off even a part of that fan base because it would be like digging your own grave. the developer would go down in flames and would have to do a lot of damage control to regain that fan base. halo 2 was kind of a let down. Bungie did one of the worst endings in history on halo 2 (written in XOM). they were too predictable in the ending and when the chief said "Sir, finishing this fight" followed by a cut to black. that pissed a lot of people off. fortunately, halo 3 was a decent game and all of its new features patched the holes in the fan base and attracted new fans as well. their final halo- halo: reach, was a huge hit and pleased the fan base. i went to a midnight release of halo: reach and the predicted turn out was roughly 800 people. over 1200 showed up. i was fifth in line at the gamestop and got the first limited edition handed out that night. but a 33% over predicted turn out for the game's release showed that bungie had made a massive fan base, and that is something that 343 industries has to please or things could get ugly. I personally hold the highest hopes for 343 Industries and am looking forward to their future contribution to the halo universe. they need to set the bar for the next decade of gaming and continue to expand on the fan base.

• Like 1

Halo 2 was the most popular and best halo of them all it wasnt a let down it was epic and the ending was awesome, as for the motion sensor being disabled..... dude! its not about what you want, in the books there was motion sensors, would be pretty stupid not to have motion sensors in the future, nothing wrong with crouching add a bit of stealth to it.

Halo 2 was the most popular and best halo of them all it wasnt a let down it was epic and the ending was awesome, as for the motion sensor being disabled..... dude! its not about what you want, in the books there was motion sensors, would be pretty stupid not to have motion sensors in the future, nothing wrong with crouching add a bit of stealth to it.

you have completely missed the point of the article. the halo 2 statement, was an example, not a personal preference. i personally liked the halo 2 gameplay. the ending was predictable and thats why it was bad. now, the point of the article was to explain how remaking one of the best games in history is very touchy and has a very fine line to walk on. by screwing even one thing up, that could kill the possible sales and fan base for halo 4. the 10th anniversary edition is a great idea. just focus on the gameplay of the campaign, and make most of the changes to the multiplayer experience. that is what can make or break a game 90% of the time. the article explains how remaking Halo: combat evolved is treading in dangerous waters and you should tread lightly. if you screw up the anniversary edition, the first game released by the developer, it will leave a really bad mark on your record and will cause your fan base to turn away, causing sales to drop like a rock, and giving your company a really bad reputation.

i think this wouldnt be very effective you can crouch and be "invisible"

crouching is a great way to be stealth. im a sniper, and to avoid being detected, i crouch walk into position so nobody knows where i am. i also am careful not to fire too many shots, thus giving my position away. i have been crouch killed a couple times because i was sniping a tank and it requires several shots to the cockpit to kill the driver. unfortunately the sniper leaves vapor trails and with too many shots fired, can and will give your position away. and that's why ive been crouch killed. the motion tracker also attracts more players because players like myself use it to locate nearby enemies and anything coming up behind us.makes t harder to be assassinated.