Thruster Pack

Winterfeuer91

They need to fix this for Spartans in matchmaking. The flood can use it right but in other matchs it sucks.

If Spartans had the Flood's Thruster Pack, it would be extremely OP to say the least.

The current Spartan's Thruster Pack definitely needs a decent buff, but not to the extent of the Flood.

• Like 1

i dunno double? AND reduce its recharge?

id say maybe a 33% increase in distance covered, but ins ame amount of time (speed up animation). then add a ability so it scales off yoru current speed, so if you use it while sprinting, it gets a distance increase. keep the recharge rate the same.

Remove 3rd person is a must. IE no Animation(I think is what yall calling it) It should be a tactical item not an extra sprint. So it needs to give it distance "like" the Zombies thrusters and you should be able to shoot while using it(aiming while using it is enough to stop from being OP. If you got Rockets maybe not but Everything with rockets is OP. LOL

It should be a great camp breaker when you fly in through a window you can't reach otherwise except jetpack but faster for surprise.

• Like 1

Remove 3rd person is a must. IE no Animation(I think is what yall calling it) It should be a tactical item not an extra sprint. So it needs to give it distance "like" the Zombies thrusters and you should be able to shoot while using it(aiming while using it is enough to stop from being OP. If you got Rockets maybe not but Everything with rockets is OP. LOL

It should be a great camp breaker when you fly in through a window you can't reach otherwise except jetpack but faster for surprise.

ya true, i understand why they did the third person thing, but its far too jarring

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly think they switched from 1st person (in the beta) to 3rd person to show what the thruster pack is actually doing (physically) on the Spartan's back.

If it was still in 1st person, it could be anything thrusting you in a certain direction: magic carpet, santa's sleigh, body builders, pack of wild boars, etc...

They need to fix this for Spartans in matchmaking. The flood can use it right but in other matchs it sucks.

The awesome thing about thruster packs is that you can actually change your direction in mid air by using them. There are a lot of tactical things you can use them for but they suck if you're trying to use it to get somewhere quicker.

this seems to be the only unbalenced thing in the game to me. it needs more boost, maybe 1.3-1.6 increase? and no zoom out to be useful in matchmaking

Yup. Make it so you can clear gap and zip in and out of cover. With the 3rd person thing gone I won't be dissoriented anymore. It isn't even a with reticule 3rd person it is just watching an animation that ***** everything.

• 2 weeks later...