Enemy Rank Based On Difficulty Level?

Hᴜᴍᴘsᴛʏʟᴇs

I'm a completionist. I enjoy going after the Commendations in Halo to give me sometime to work towards. I've been playing a lot of Spartan Ops and slayin' a bunch of Covies and Forerunners.

I actually already have the Backstab Commendation mastered :)

My question is:

Does the Difficulty Level, such as Normal, Heroic, or Legendary, upgrade or downgrade the enemy's rank?

Some of the enemies have different ranks; I.E. Knights are Regular, Commander, Battlewagon, etc. Each class of enemy has a few different ranks which pertain to certain commendations. A few Commendations I have 4/6 whereas some are still 0/6 since various ranks are harder to run into.

Since getting these Commendations is much easier on Normal, is it worth doing them on Legendary to encounter higher ranked enemies? Or does this just give the enemies more health, better shields, more accuracy, etc.?

I've been wondering this myself.

As far as the covies go I have quite a few of the high ranking ones getting through, but my grunt infantry (or whatever is the lowest) is barely 1/5.

I've really only done heroic/legendary, but it seems that a lot of the mob types are pretty rare even then. I don't have a ton of crawler snipers, or battlewagons either.

I've been wondering this myself.

I'm glad, I was always going after Commendations in Firefight and figured there had to be someone else who tried to complete Commendations too.

Just as a heads up, if you do Shootout in Valhalla on Normal, there are TONS of enemies. Plenty of Banshees, Hunters, and Elites. I think I'm going to compose a guide for what enemies are on what chapters and episodes to make this process easier. Think you wanna contribute?

• Like 1

This is the exact topic I was looking for. I managed to get master level for Elite Officers before anything else. All the other commendations are at level 3 or 4 while Grunt Slayer and Jackal Slayer are both at level 1.

Just to confirm, it's more likely that I'll see more of the basic Grunt Infantry and Jackals if I play on Easy/Normal? I've mostly been playing on Heroic/Legendary.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...