Has the Carbine been nerfed?

Jzmie

For the first week that this game was out all I used in War Games was the Carbine. I used to win one on one situations against DMRs, BRs, ARs and LRs, without fail. I used to finish almost every game with twenty-plus kills and less than ten deaths. However, since last weekend I haven't been doing so good. I lose almost every one on one situation against people with any other gun, even if I started shooting them first. I'm extremely lucky if I finish with an equal kill to death ratio, if I do it's because I've used an ordinance weapon to rack some kills up.

I assumed that I had just gotten worse at the game, or everyone else had gotten better, so I just carried on using my Carbine for another week to see if I would improve. I didn't. It got so bad that today I changed my Loadout Primary Weapon to the DMR. I played a few games and guess what? Twenty seven kills/eleven deaths, twenty four kills/nine deaths, nineteen kills/ten deaths. The DMR feels exactly equal to the Carbine before the suspected nerf. Using the DMR actually brought back memories to what it was like to use the Carbine before last week, which is what convinced me that it had been nerfed. I went back to the Carbine for another game and I finished with a negative kill to death ratio again. The Carbine is now truly unusable compared to the DMR, which is sad because it's been my favourite weapon since the second Halo.

The Carbine hasn't been nerfed from what I can tell. The game is probably just matching you up against people who are equal to your skill now. I know this because I too was kicking ass with the Carbine last week and now I'm having difficulties.

Agreed. I used to dominate with the DMR and thought I was great and stopped taking matches seriously. Now somehow ppl can kill me with the AR when I go against them with any precision weapon lol. Guess I need to step up my game.

Carbine has always been seven shots in this game... No nerf that I know of.

It's like it's somehow harder to get headshots rather than a damage reduction.

The Carbine hasn't been nerfed from what I can tell. The game is probably just matching you up against people who are equal to your skill now. I know this because I too was kicking ass with the Carbine last week and now I'm having difficulties.

If that's true then why am I doing so well with the DMR? It just seems like an infinitely better weapon now, whereas two weeks a go I thought the Carbine was slightly better.

Now somehow ppl can kill me with the AR when I go against them with any precision weapon lol. Guess I need to step up my game.

The AR is actually pretty good in 4, I wouldn't underestimate it at close-mid range.

If that's true then why am I doing so well with the DMR? It just seems like an infinitely better weapon now, whereas two weeks a go I thought the Carbine was slightly better.

Well the DMR is the best weapon to use unfortunately. I'm a huge DMR fan myself, but I'd rather have all the weapons balanced so that you can freely switch whenever. It's rate of fire is the same as the BR and all, but the BR has to finish 3 bullets in the time it takes the DMR to shoot 1, it shoots a tad bit faster than the carbine and the carbine you have to actually hit with all 7, and the lightrifle scoped in just isn't as accurate. Bloom could solve this, but I'm not saying a word.

• 4 weeks later...

I am probably actually going to start using the carbine. I was testing out the gametype for the DGL yesterday and it actually seemed like a really good match against the BR. Idk too much about the DMR though because my opponent (Forum Dinosaur) was using a BR.