DMR Nerf

SatanicBagels

First of all I have to say that I am overall amazed with the quality and enjoyment of War Games. I've enjoyed most all of the maps (favorite being Ragnarok) and am looking to play on all of the others in the near future.

However I really must say that the DMR has wayyyyy too much range. I understand that it is supposed to be a long distance gun but the accuracy with which I am able to snipe people at incredible distances is astonishing. Then at closer distances I don't feel like it is all that much weaker when compared with the BR and Carbine.

What are your guys thoughts on a potential DMR nerf.

Wow.. Ragnarok, huh? I hate that map, i never do good on it! :D

And about the DMR.. yea it's crazy how much range it has. But that's what it's supposed to be for. What's crazier to me is the fact that the DMR even beats the BR really often in close range.

So right now, if i want anything changed i have to say i rather see the BR changed. I'd like for 343 to make it a 4SK again and make the reticule smaller.

I mean.. even the Magnum has a smaller reticule. Are you going to tell me i'm supposed to use the Magnum over a longer range than the BR?

• Like 1

Wow.. Ragnarok, huh? I hate that map, i never do good on it! :D

And about the DMR.. yea it's crazy how much range it has. But that's what it's supposed to be for. What's crazier to me is the fact that the DMR even beats the BR really often in close range.

So right now, if i want anything changed i have to say i rather see the BR changed. I'd like for 343 to make it a 4SK again and make the reticule smaller.

I mean.. even the Magnum has a smaller reticule. Are you going to tell me i'm supposed to use the Magnum over a longer range than the BR?

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel. Either DMR needs a nerf or BR needs a slight buff.

AR>BR>DMR>Light Rifle at mid-close range.

DMR=Light Rifle>BR>>>>>>>AR at long range.

Actually, close range a DMR can beat both an Assault Rifle and a BR and mid-close range, in perfect scenarios. Meaning if both people start shooting at the same time and hit with every bullet. And long range, a scoped in LR will kill someone in 4 shots, but it's less accurate than the DMR.

However, I don't believe the BR should get 4 shot kills again... then people would just complain about the BR being overpowered. I do think bloom made the DMR a little less sniper-y.

As I said, thats from my experience. BR has more aim assist than the DMR and the AR is much easier to aim than the DMR so it's silly to use the DMR in playlists other than BTB for me.

The map and gametype usually dictate which weapon I use, so that seems pretty balanced.

Yes we should make the br stronger to match the over powered dmr.

And then i was thinking we should give everyone snipers and make the snipers fire as fast as you can press the button.

To match that we would need rockets with the ability to hold a full clip of rockets! Now that's a good idea!

How about me just go back to original halo weapons in matchmaking. Gameplay there was balanced and mostly fair and these ridiculous cross fires from across a huge map never happened.

Right now I would really find a game without either the Battle Rifle or DMR to be vastly more enjoyable than the current matchmaking experience. As I have said before I personally find strafing in and out of cover shooting each other in the face from opposites sides of the maps akin to, and about as much fun as, Duck Hunt. I'm sure I am virtually alone in this though as 90% of the games I play seem to solely involve this kind of play... so clearly the community just love Duck Hunt.

The most fun fights in Halo tend to be chaotic melees where two teams pile into an objective to vie for control of it at the same time until someone emerges the victor. Dominion generally gives me my fill of this as the shields go a long way to stopping boring buggers sitting out the fight entirely and just picking off the stragglers. However virtually every other gametype seems to revolve around the same formula:

A. sit as far away from the objective as physically possible

B. shoot all the enemies on said objective in their faces until they fall off

C. think about actually bothering with the objective

D. repeat

Ultimately I am finding so many of the games as dull as a symposium on the colour beige. Dominion is the one redeeming factor with the odd game of KOTH and Oddball where the entire enemy team don't just hang back hunting ducks. Hopefully a real version of CTF will come along soon and save me from giving up on this game before it really gets off the ground...