Rob T

Is your controller layout the most popular?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What controller layout do you use?

• Southpaw
    • Boxer
    • Bumper Jumper
    • Recon
    • Green Thumb
    • Fishstick

Hey guys, there has been a lot of debate as to which controller layout is the best. Personally I believe that the advantages that bumper jumper provide make it the best choice. So I was wondering what controller layout do you use? Also check out the video bellow for a full explanation as to why I like Bumper Jumper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBoV5yxkP8M&feature=plcp

For me it all comes down to what AA i plan on using. I used bumper jumper in H3 and Reach and thought i would give the jetpack a chance this year so switched over to Default since im not great at claw. Stuck with it for a while, even when using other AAs but recently i have switched back to Bumper Jumper since i am not using the jetpack at all really anymore.

Both layouts (and a few others to) are perfectly viable, none really better than the rest.

• Like 1

Why won't you let me control my spartan the way I want to? I'd rather not undo the 10 years I've spent clicking the left thumstick button to crouch. I'd love a control scheme with these deviations from Default:

1) Crouch is the left thumbstick

2) Sprint is the left bumper

3) Armor Ability is B

There are fewer situations in the game where Armor Abilities are useful compared to crouching and sprinting. Also, many of the Armor Abilities simply require the press of a button to activate them which can be relegated to one of the face buttons.

• 4 years later...