Okay this is just another theory about Cortana's survival, however this time related to Spartan Ops. In the campaign it seems unlikely that the librarian, who had made such accurate predictions regarding the outcome of the Chief would let Cortana "die". So similar to other theories it's very possible that the librarian either copied her when they met, or made some modification that would save her. There are many modifications she could have made, but if you notice when Cortana's terminal is destroyed, a similar data field. To that knights etc leave when killed. So maybe this data field was then uploaded to some forerunner digital world and that's were Cortana is now.

You may now be wondering how this links to Spartan Ops, well so far those who have played through them will have noticed that many humans have been sucked into what could easily be a 'digital world'. Now if then look at the Halo 4 achievements, there are two back to back achievements for Episode 4 - Chapter 5 and Episode 5 -chapter 1. Now this is only a couple of weeks away so it would be early, but maybe there'll be further clues there?

Anyway that's just my theory, please add your own and feel free to pick apart mine ;)

• Like 1

There's a good chance Cortana may have been copied or altered in a way. In the mission that you meet the Librarian, you lose Cortana in the Forerunner system due to some unknown force, and maybe that could have been the Librarian tampering with Cortana to keep her safe from her fate. WHO KNOWS, I just hope it's not cliche or readily predictable when 343 finally explains themselves. Actually, I don't care if it's cliche or predictable. I just want it to be GOOD.

• Like 1

Hey guys.. just throwing this out there.. she was made from human tissue......... what does the composer do?

it turns human tissue into data.....

AND BACK AGAIN! however, it IS said that the thing that results is an abomination.. however, that is for those that are turned into data and back.. what if you introduced the opposite.. what then???

and yes, i realize that the composer was destroyed... but how did she touch MC at the end???

Again.. just throwing it out there...

~ChemicalDexta

if she is indeed dead i wont be playing anymore halo"s

i won't be playing any halo's either... she is the meat and potatoes of all the halo games i play. for me i play halo's for the love story the chief and cortona have.... without cortona... might as well not have any halo games. if that's really the end of cortona, the chief should have went down with her.

• Like 1

We might have to consider the possibility that she is well and truly gone.

That could be a possibility but the overwhelming evidence of her return both from Halo lore and mostly within Halo 4 itself is undeniable. I'm willing to bet money she will be back next game.

Read through this:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst137119_Cortana-s-Role-in-Halo-4--In-Depth---Spoilers.aspx

And you will easily see how her return is pretty much inevitable.

• Like 1

That could be a possibility but the overwhelming evidence of her return both from Halo lore and mostly within Halo 4 itself is undeniable. I'm willing to bet money she will be back next game.

Read through this:

https://forums.halow...--Spoilers.aspx

And you will easily see how her return is pretty much inevitable.

That is a very good theory and I must confess I have seen it before ;)

Personally, I feel like Jen Taylor is too much of an asset to the series for 343i to simply excise her character from it entirely. Thats from a business standpoint.

From a fan standpoint, there were plenty of loose ends to help Cortana's continuity/resurrection. There have been references to Cortana's "disappearance" into Requiems mainframe prior to Chiefs interaction with the Librarian. The fact that the Librarians plan incorporated "(Chief), (Chiefs) combat skin, even (Chiefs) ancilla Cortana" indicates a greater design or plan that would help maintain that continuity. Even the Librarian herself made a backup copy of her own memory to ensure the success of this as-yet-unclear plan. Additionally, Cortana's fragmenting of her processing matrix to thwart the Didacts counter-intrusion measures during the finale is itself indicative of her potential survival ("most of me is down there" [read: the ruins of the Composer, or in the ferro-electric data pulse which decimated New Phoenix? Either scenario lends itself to some kind of later reclamation]) And lastly: the fact that of ALL PLACES, "New Phoenix" was where they chose to stage the closing sequence? Names and their metaphors/implications have always factored strongly into the Halo series, and I struggle to imagine that the choice of a city named for a magical creature that is resurrected/renewed in fire is simply a matter of coincidence.

• Like 2

Nice theory but you got to remember, she's an A.I that has been inside the mind and body of the chief for the last 3 years of the partnership, don't you think she would know what it would be like if she was human? She wasn't just along for the ride in the suit, she was actually monitoring everything inside and out.

How the hell would a A.I have emotions without a nervous system? they are electrochemical responses, the brain can't function without it's main input/output interface, the nervous system. The closest we have come to an actual living A.I will be by 2017 and that will be on the level of a cat's intelligence which will be the first autonomous bots.

Personally, I feel like Jen Taylor is too much of an asset to the series for 343i to simply excise her character from it entirely. Thats from a business standpoint.

From a fan standpoint, there were plenty of loose ends to help Cortana's continuity/resurrection. There have been references to Cortana's "disappearance" into Requiems mainframe prior to Chiefs interaction with the Librarian. The fact that the Librarians plan incorporated "(Chief), (Chiefs) combat skin, even (Chiefs) ancilla Cortana" indicates a greater design or plan that would help maintain that continuity. Even the Librarian herself made a backup copy of her own memory to ensure the success of this as-yet-unclear plan. Additionally, Cortana's fragmenting of her processing matrix to thwart the Didacts counter-intrusion measures during the finale is itself indicative of her potential survival ("most of me is down there" [read: the ruins of the Composer, or in the ferro-electric data pulse which decimated New Phoenix? Either scenario lends itself to some kind of later reclamation]) And lastly: the fact that of ALL PLACES, "New Phoenix" was where they chose to stage the closing sequence? Names and their metaphors/implications have always factored strongly into the Halo series, and I struggle to imagine that the choice of a city named for a magical creature that is resurrected/renewed in fire is simply a matter of coincidence.

dude I never noticed that- new "phoenix"

Hey guys.. just throwing this out there.. she was made from human tissue......... what does the composer do?

it turns human tissue into data.....

AND BACK AGAIN! however, it IS said that the thing that results is an abomination.. however, that is for those that are turned into data and back.. what if you introduced the opposite.. what then???

and yes, i realize that the composer was destroyed... but how did she touch MC at the end???

Again.. just throwing it out there...

~ChemicalDexta

Yes the Composer is destroyed and can not be used. She could touch the Master Chief because she was using hard light technology. But you may be on the right track, and the Libriarian may also be part of the answer as well. SPOILERS!!!!

How about I pose these questions. Do you think the Humans are just going to let a Forerunner world sit there? They will probably send lots of people to that world where the Libriarian resides right? The Libriarian loves humans so she will probably be very helpful in updating their tech. Do you know how the Didact got his current body? Gosh could it have been a digital mind transfer? If he had that tech then don't you think the Libriarian has that tech? Now if they can get Cortanas head right, might not they also be able to put her in an actual body lets say like in Halo 6? Perhaps a cyborg body to allow her to still function as an intel officer with multiple Forerunner cybernetic implants to the brain kind of like the Libriaran once had so she can you know still do what she does. Her body could be on the Infinity runnig the ship, while she could still be linked to the Chief via Forerunner communication tech which is more than capable of doing that. Gosh isn't the Libriarian a galactic level gentic engineer capable of doing all of this with ease? A human body with full AI capablities, kind of like I don't know the Libriarian who could run whole Forerunner worlds with her brain, do you think?

I mean really has it not occured to anyone that the Didact and Librarian are the Cortana and Chief of their respective time? The greatest hero and Warrior and the greatest mind. The Libriarian is trying to change fate because of what happened to her people. Don't you think she sees that in Cortana and the Chief? Don't you think she sees history repeating itself, the flood returning? The War between the Covenant and the Humans is not all that different from the Forerunner Human war. Fighting eachother when they should be fighting the flood. And now they have access to her, and I am pretty sure she wants to change some things. After all she wants them to have the Mantle. She also probably wants to fix things with the Didact who I suspect is not gone yet. Pretty sure he can teleport without a teleportation device much like the Prometheans do. Although he has lost his ship and most of his troops, oh and his Super Weapon.

• Like 1

Yes the Composer is destroyed and can not be used. She could touch the Master Chief because she was using hard light technology. But you may be on the right track, and the Libriarian may also be part of the answer as well. SPOILERS!!!!

How about I pose these questions. Do you think the Humans are just going to let a Forerunner world sit there? They will probably send lots of people to that world where the Libriarian resides right? The Libriarian loves humans so she will probably be very helpful in updating their tech. Do you know how the Didact got his current body? Gosh could it have been a digital mind transfer? If he had that tech then don't you think the Libriarian has that tech? Now if they can get Cortanas head right, might not they also be able to put her in an actual body lets say like in Halo 6? Perhaps a cyborg body to allow her to still function as an intel officer with multiple Forerunner cybernetic implants to the brain kind of like the Libriaran once had so she can you know still do what she does. Her body could be on the Infinity runnig the ship, while she could still be linked to the Chief via Forerunner communication tech which is more than capable of doing that. Gosh isn't the Libriarian a galactic level gentic engineer capable of doing all of this with ease? A human body with full AI capablities, kind of like I don't know the Libriarian who could run whole Forerunner worlds with her brain, do you think?

I mean really has it not occured to anyone that the Didact and Librarian are the Cortana and Chief of their respective time? The greatest hero and Warrior and the greatest mind. The Libriarian is trying to change fate because of what happened to her people. Don't you think she sees that in Cortana and the Chief? Don't you think she sees history repeating itself, the flood returning? The War between the Covenant and the Humans is not all that different from the Forerunner Human war. Fighting eachother when they should be fighting the flood. And now they have access to her, and I am pretty sure she wants to change some things. After all she wants them to have the Mantle. She also probably wants to fix things with the Didact who I suspect is not gone yet. Pretty sure he can teleport without a teleportation device much like the Prometheans do. Although he has lost his ship and most of his troops, oh and his Super Weapon.

Bud you need to read the books or read them again and watch the terminals that way you will have all the right data available to you when you formulate new ideas on the next installments, I'm not trolling you bud as even i don'y know it all and, we're only human, we can forget bits and pieces.

The Librarian was never on requiem when the halo pulse was activated, She's on Earth or died there, we don't know until they tie that loose end up. What was left on requiem was a memory engram, a last recording just in case her husband got free and the deep programming she did on our DNA produced a hero or hero's that would come to face him, If anything it defy's all the odds that she could've foreseen this outcome but she programmed it in as well as the deep gene memories of past humans and that of her husband, the Didact in the game.

You know there's 2 Didacts? I think the Didact in the game is the original Didact, her real husband and the one who fired the halo's is the bornstellar Didact, the one that the original helped to evolve through a mutational process from a young forerunner to an adult forerunner by supplying a genetic template of his own DNA for bornstellar's body to work from to become an adult, the process also incorporates the Donor's gene memories and physical characteristics hence bornstellar was able to take on the role of the Didact but i think the librarian didn't tell bornstellar her real husband was still alive. I can't remember if bornstellar Didact did fire the halo's but i haven't come across anything yet that says he survived it or went onto a great journey to a possible safe forerunner site, most probably outside of the galaxy somewhere. if antone see's any holes in what i've just stated please feel free to autocorrect and pass on a link so i can update myself, somethings like the composer used to change data into a organic lifeform is something i've only ever seen mentioned here, anyone got a link?

If you know all this then disregard it or add whatever formulation that pops into your mind. We can only speculate and wait on all the loose ends to be tied up. Speculating is good, it helps to expand your own knowledge base.

Bud you need to read the books or read them again and watch the terminals that way you will have all the right data available to you when you formulate new ideas on the next installments, I'm not trolling you bud as even i don'y know it all and, we're only human, we can forget bits and pieces.

The Librarian was never on requiem when the halo pulse was activated, She's on Earth or died there, we don't know until they tie that loose end up. What was left on requiem was a memory engram, a last recording just in case her husband got free and the deep programming she did on our DNA produced a hero or hero's that would come to face him, If anything it defy's all the odds that she could've foreseen this outcome but she programmed it in as well as the deep gene memories of past humans and that of her husband, the Didact in the game.

You know there's 2 Didacts? I think the Didact in the game is the original Didact, her real husband and the one who fired the halo's is the bornstellar Didact, the one that the original helped to evolve through a mutational process from a young forerunner to an adult forerunner by supplying a genetic template of his own DNA for bornstellar's body to work from to become an adult, the process also incorporates the Donor's gene memories and physical characteristics hence bornstellar was able to take on the role of the Didact but i think the librarian didn't tell bornstellar her real husband was still alive. I can't remember if bornstellar Didact did fire the halo's but i haven't come across anything yet that says he survived it or went onto a great journey to a possible safe forerunner site, most probably outside of the galaxy somewhere. if antone see's any holes in what i've just stated please feel free to autocorrect and pass on a link so i can update myself, somethings like the composer used to change data into a organic lifeform is something i've only ever seen mentioned here, anyone got a link?

If you know all this then disregard it or add whatever formulation that pops into your mind. We can only speculate and wait on all the loose ends to be tied up. Speculating is good, it helps to expand your own knowledge base.

I don't need to read them as the information is available, do you think the games are going to follow the books exactly? Give away the story before the game is released? I know she was on earth but she has a fully functioning AI on that world, and it is functioning enough to change the Chiefs DNA. In the books the Original Didact died, at least his body did, he was killed by a Forerunner builder. However he transfered his mind into the body of another Forerunner and that is in the books, maybe you need to read them. You can go check Halo Wikia, all the info about the Didact is there. As for the Librarian, that was not an memory chip, it wsa using direct interaction, and control functions, including controling the Prometheans, until the Didact escaped. Anyway the Didact was killed by Faber, and transfered his mind into Bornsteller, that's why people think there were two. But their were not. Cool? It's called the Brevet Mutation. They can do this transfer an unknown amount of times, chances are and this is just a guess, but Dr. Halsey probably contains part of the Librarian consciousness. This would explain her natural afinity with Forerunner tech, her desire to create the Spartans(the Libriarans actual plan), and her gift for genetics, it would explain why she is so much smarter than everyone else. How the transfer is actually done is unkown, and how it works as well, but we will probably see this explained.

To be honest I think I am right, but we will see. I know I am right about the Didact though. I should have made it clear what I was talking about with the Libriarian. Cortana is an AI, Guilty Spark was, and chances are that Librarian we say in the game was as it was running that shield world. AI's are friggin smart, and have lots of info, it new exactly how to change John. But we will see, one way or another the Librarian still has a part to play, I can feel it. If she can do multi generational genetic memory encoding, which is what she did and it lasts for Billions of years, she could have done that with her own memory as well via the Brevet Mutation on whatever human seed she wanted. See I know a little about books.

Just to further the point. The Librarian died in Africa at a Forerunner site. Africa the cradle of Humanity, the place where it all began for us. Who is to say the Libriarian didn't have a protocol setup where a drone went out grabbed a cave person and used a device at the instilation to unpload her genetic memory and part of her concsience into them. So that one day they would evolve into Dr. Halsey, or the reincarnation of the Librarian in my own opinion. Look at Cortana based off genetic meterial for the Doc. The only thing outside of a Forerunner to surviive the mental attack of a Gravemind. Kind of a lucky twist of fate, or Cortanas unkown factor, Halsey identified an unkown factor in her creation for making her as smart as she was and unique as she was. What do you think that factor was considering she is based off the doctors mind? Plenty of hints. But again we will see. Just a theory, which is what this thread is about. The Doc and the Librarian are both experrts in the exact same fields, Genetics, AI's, etc. The Doctor could be to the Libriarian what Cortana was to the Doc. Cortana was much more than just a computer, she had emotions, concsience, selfawearness, feelings. Not a normal AI at all. And all based off the Doc herself.

We can finish this debate in like 6 years. Looking forward to it.

One last thing everything being discussed by us was left open ended, Halsey's past the Librarian's time on earth, Cortanas fate, Halseys natural gifts, cortanas natural gifts. All left open ended. A writer only does that for one reason. To address them later, and all of them can be tied together. Maybe I am right and maybe I am wrong but they are clearly easy connect.

• Like 1

I think in Halo 5, Cortana will not be part of the storyline, but more of a sublime hints of her still being alive. Master Chief will have to fight the Storm Covenant and Forerunners alone for the time being or with the help of Arbitor returning to stave off the storm covenant forces. I have a feeling that Halsey will be trying to salvage Cortana from the Forerunner Artifact, since it seems to be where all the data goes after it is digitized by the composer or the forerunner weapons. Cortana is most definitly coming back, probably in a form of human in Halo 6. I doubt she will be able to return to her A.I. state after the events that happen. Since Halo 5 is going to be extremely dark compared to Halo 4, I have a feeling there is going to be lots of deaths on all three sides of this war. Lots of your friends, allies, people you come to trust will die in the course of events in Halo 5. This will be the war that will break Master Chief mentality and moral.

I don't need to read them as the information is available, do you think the games are going to follow the books exactly? Give away the story before the game is released? I know she was on earth but she has a fully functioning AI on that world, and it is functioning enough to change the Chiefs DNA. In the books the Original Didact died, at least his body did, he was killed by a Forerunner builder. However he transfered his mind into the body of another Forerunner and that is in the books, maybe you need to read them. You can go check Halo Wikia, all the info about the Didact is there. As for the Librarian, that was not an memory chip, it wsa using direct interaction, and control functions, including controling the Prometheans, until the Didact escaped. Anyway the Didact was killed by Faber, and transfered his mind into Bornsteller, that's why people think there were two. But their were not. Cool? It's called the Brevet Mutation. They can do this transfer an unknown amount of times, chances are and this is just a guess, but Dr. Halsey probably contains part of the Librarian consciousness. This would explain her natural afinity with Forerunner tech, her desire to create the Spartans(the Libriarans actual plan), and her gift for genetics, it would explain why she is so much smarter than everyone else. How the transfer is actually done is unkown, and how it works as well, but we will probably see this explained.

To be honest I think I am right, but we will see. I know I am right about the Didact though. I should have made it clear what I was talking about with the Libriarian. Cortana is an AI, Guilty Spark was, and chances are that Librarian we say in the game was as it was running that shield world. AI's are friggin smart, and have lots of info, it new exactly how to change John. But we will see, one way or another the Librarian still has a part to play, I can feel it. If she can do multi generational genetic memory encoding, which is what she did and it lasts for Billions of years, she could have done that with her own memory as well via the Brevet Mutation on whatever human seed she wanted. See I know a little about books.

Just to further the point. The Librarian died in Africa at a Forerunner site. Africa the cradle of Humanity, the place where it all began for us. Who is to say the Libriarian didn't have a protocol setup where a drone went out grabbed a cave person and used a device at the instilation to unpload her genetic memory and part of her concsience into them. So that one day they would evolve into Dr. Halsey, or the reincarnation of the Librarian in my own opinion. Look at Cortana based off genetic meterial for the Doc. The only thing outside of a Forerunner to surviive the mental attack of a Gravemind. Kind of a lucky twist of fate, or Cortanas unkown factor, Halsey identified an unkown factor in her creation for making her as smart as she was and unique as she was. What do you think that factor was considering she is based off the doctors mind? Plenty of hints. But again we will see. Just a theory, which is what this thread is about. The Doc and the Librarian are both experrts in the exact same fields, Genetics, AI's, etc. The Doctor could be to the Libriarian what Cortana was to the Doc. Cortana was much more than just a computer, she had emotions, concsience, selfawearness, feelings. Not a normal AI at all. And all based off the Doc herself.

We can finish this debate in like 6 years. Looking forward to it.

One last thing everything being discussed by us was left open ended, Halsey's past the Librarian's time on earth, Cortanas fate, Halseys natural gifts, cortanas natural gifts. All left open ended. A writer only does that for one reason. To address them later, and all of them can be tied together. Maybe I am right and maybe I am wrong but they are clearly easy connect.

That's what made me laugh when i read the wiki's they can be edited for whatever bias suits and greg bear didn't write those books after the game, they were written in conjunction with the development of it, The Ur-Didact was imprisoned before the halo's were fired but the terminals from H3 states that The Didact was going to fire them and most believe he did, i state believe because of the didact being found on requiem just in case he is the bornstellar Didact. Silentium will put this to rest, logic dictates that the didact MC released is the Ur-Didact because of his inverted forerunner symbol and that he was imprisoned before the halo's were fired, A few of us believe he was not executed on the San Shyum Homeworld but was abandoned by Faber coupled with the fact that he was a character of interest and greg wrote his execution without much of a fill out you would expect for a character like him, it made me suspicious right from the get go.

Yes the Librarian is supposed to have died on earth but the Chaka's monitor who took over a UNSC ship stated he was going in search of her and he had a good idea where she was, it could be earth or it could be requiem but he would've shown up there before the events of H4 but i'm leaning towards earth, The lore says that she destroyed her fleets and anyway for her to get beyond the halo pulse and remained on earth to bury the portal to the ark and live out the last days in her eden but there's no record of her death, speculative but it ties it back to the chaka's monitor's actions. The Halo pulse disintegrates organic matter, it doesn't just kill, it wipes out anything the flood can use to survive. If she died in the pulse she got dematerialized like any other organism larger than bacteria and the Domain was inaccessible for long range data transfer, somehow mendicant bias corrupted it.

There's no connect in the storyline. The Librarian in cryptum programmed the human DNA, that means every human on that planet carried her programming to react to a forerunner if one showed up and was asking around about any ancient artifacts which she implemented a thousand years before. She was playing a very subtle and long reaching game, Her main programming endeavour had to do with passing the mantle over to humans and making sure they had forerunner genes as well as making sure their tech responded to us. It was how the chief was able to have the gea's of the Didact or his genetic memories but in his case all he heard was the Didacts voice, All modern humans would have that programming as it was only a hundred thousand years when the pulse was triggered, not millions. 343 took liberties with the terminals stories, the librarian talks of growing from animals to higher lifeforms to humans all in a hundred thousand years, you and i both know that that's poppycock as it conflicts with previous released animes of the reseeding of the galaxy.

If Halsey had her Gea's then a good amount of humans would too, not just one woman, The humans from cryptum had operational gea's which means they surfaced every now and then but modern humans don't though it's probably deep in the layers somewhere and have to be brought out like that engram did to the chief when she evolved him or she changed his DNA to have it, the operative word she used was "evolve". That ghost A.I of the librarian isn't an actual A.I, she said she was just the memories of the librarian not the composed persona of her but if she was, how did she get to requiem from earth with no transport as all portals and transport were closed? There's no mention anywhere in the lore or the books about a forerunner that can have themselves composed and live at the sametime.

343 worked hard to cover most of the games open ends, so far they have done a pretty good job.

Your first paragraph told me you are operating on second hand data, you would've known this if you had read the books because the wiki's are written by the community and can be altered by the community to suit what the writer believes and you would've known that Silentium which is due out in january will answer whether there is two Didacts or not and would've agreed that there can't be an imprisoned Didact and a Didact that fired the Halo's from the ark at the sametime, actually did he fire it from the ark? i can't remember but he did fire it not somebody else.

So it all rests on Silentium not 6 years from now.

Oh by the way, don't get ego bashed, all of us males are subject to it until we learn it's a big joke and when we think we've seen a pattern to something it's just us as humans following our natural instinct for pattern inference recognition, we all do it every minute of everyday. Greg could've just doubled the successful vehicle of the chief and cortana but at odds with each other in the didact and his wife but you could actually be right as well.

As i said it's up to Silentium and in that book we find out how the flood might of come about.

My take on this whole situation:

1- Theres still 2 more games in this trilogy. Cortana was the second most important character in this game. Chief and her are the only two that remain from the original trilogy (if the arbiter doesnt make a suprise appearance) and it is highly unlikely or near impossible that she will not be talked about in future games. I highly doubt theories that chief will also become a crazed killer and betray the UNSC. All he knows is to protect humanity. Halo 5 will be considered the "darkest" game imo because The didact is still out there and Chief wants revenge no matter what the cost. Even if she does not come back, which i think she will in some form or another, Chief is going to have constant trouble being without her so she isnt forgotten.

2- Her "death" was not very clear. Almost every other important character in halo that has died has a concrete death. Capt. Keyes becomes flood, his daughter gets shot, and johnson gets zapped. However, she just fades away. It is unclear what happens to her. Just blowing her up seems to be a waste of such an important character even if it helps show Chief's human-side. There is also so much information given to you in the campaign referring to AI's with the composer and Cortana being an evolved ancilla that I believe she has a greater role which hasn't been completed. The game is very open right now. 343 has not been very clear with where they are going with this besides the "darker" Halo 5 story. Halo 2 and 3 both had cliffhanger endings leading to something else and Halo 4 really doesnt have one besides the didact talking at the end.

3- What I believe may happen: Cortana was taken by the librarian for something. In the level where you meet the Librarian, after you re-obtain Cortana, she says the Librarian filled her in but you dont know on what. I highly doubt it was the same exact thing she told the chief because they both have different roles to complete the same goal in stopping the Didact. Also, Chief cannot stop the didact by himself. The first time you meet the didact he owns you with his weird star wars powers and gets away. The second time, at the end of the game, He basically owns you again. If it was not for cortana you would be dead before you set off the nuke. I believe the librarian has something to do with cortana and you are going to need her at the end to stop the Didact.

• Like 1

The Didacts inverted icon, i've been rethinking this, What if the Didact is the Bornstellar Didact that becomes disillusioned with the way the Librarian was handling things and changes the plan and gets himself inprisoned, then the Ur-Didact comes back onto the scene, though they were at odds with each other originally they still share their love for one another, He's the original and was in cryptum on her side, i better reread it just in case but it makes a different point in the storyline. Bornstellar was and is still a very young Forerunner even if his Brevet mutation aged him he still isn't the original Didact.

What if Cortana is in the Domain, it's been cutoff for a hundred thousand years?

• 2 weeks later...