Please, Please Help!

Dr_Discord

Ok, I know you probably get a million posts like this, but can someone please help me? Yesterday my match ended, and it said "This account has been temporarily banned from earning XP. http://halo4.com/ban" If you go that website, it's a forum thread that's 32 pages of people with my problem and not a single administrator reply. I know this might sound like an excuse, but I was talking with my friends on Skype, and they both have internet so bad they cannot play with each other. i didn't really feel like playing, but i just let my spartan sit there hosting the game so they could play with each other. I was just doing stuff on my laptop talking to them and then i saw that message pop up. No one seems to know how long the ban lasts. Can someone at least tell me that much?

FOREVER!!!!!!!!! *evil laugh* JK it last for a week :3

:gsd:

WHAT?!?!? A week? This is a first offense. I've never had this trouble before, ever, and i don't think a week is a fair punishment for being afk! Even if i was idle boosting on purpose, that's a first time thing. I noticed your a mod, but you probably can't lift it? My friends and I are kind of competitive about who's highest level, and they're gonna be lvl 50, and i'll just be like "IT MUST BE FUN TO GET EXPERIENCE." I'm a nerd, and iI live in a tiny-ass town. THIS IS ALL I HAVE TO DO. I mean it's not that big a deal, but I think that this whole automated banning system is incredibly flawed.

You were AFK in a game, not playing, which is boosting no matter how you see it. 343i has an automatic ban hammer system set up, like you read if you actually read through the whole article. The ban bot can not distinguish between a person really AFK and boosting and a person who is just not playing, therefore to weed out any argument they say to just play the game if you are in a game and if you plan on not playing then stay out of matchmaking all together. I can't say I feel for you here, man. It is just something you will have to accept and wait for to be lifted.

You were AFK in a game, not playing, which is boosting no matter how you see it. 343i has an automatic ban hammer system set up, like you read if you actually read through the whole article. The ban bot can not distinguish between a person really AFK and boosting and a person who is just not playing, therefore to weed out any argument they say to just play the game if you are in a game and if you plan on not playing then stay out of matchmaking all together. I can't say I feel for you here, man. It is just something you will have to accept and wait for to be lifted.

yeah, i know. I just think that they shouldn't have a bot to do these things. I've heard people who used like 20 Mtn. Dew XP codes, and the bot thought they were earning XP too fast and banned them. I'll just wait though, it's just irritating because I was higher up then everyone and now i'll be way lower.

That sucks your friends have a bad connection. But to be honest I'm sick people being AFK, you using the fact you weren't playing because you're on Skype is pretty ridiculous, sounds like you should have played in custums. But yeah if this is a first offence, banning you straight away is kind of bs.

I wasn't saying i was AFK because of Skype, i was just saying i was only there so they could play and i was talking on Skype. but yeah, thanks for agreeing with me. I think on a first offense i should AT MOST get a 24 hour xp ban, not a week.

yeah, i know. I just think that they shouldn't have a bot to do these things. I've heard people who used like 20 Mtn. Dew XP codes, and the bot thought they were earning XP too fast and banned them. I'll just wait though, it's just irritating because I was higher up then everyone and now i'll be way lower.

I believe you are getting two different things mixed up. You actually got banned from being AFK, where as those who use the double XP hit the ex limit for the day, which means they have to wait until tomorrow to start earning experience again.