There are few things in life that upset me. Stealing my assassination is one of them.

Justin Anderson

Too bad you don't decide whether or not its a beat down or an assassination.

Actually, you do; You 'hold down' the Melee for an Assissination, you 'Tap Melee' for a beat down...

1st, 14th, 11th, 8th, 2nd, 6th, 3rd, 7th, 7th, 2nd these are the places you took in your last 10 games. Averaging a placement of 6th overall.

You are going to backpack who? A KILL IS A KILL, get over yourself. If I steal your assassination and you get so pissed as to betray me then so be it, I will boot you and go on to win the game.

Also "FaTaL" , no one decided you make the rules, last I checked...

A "KILL" is a "KILL", about the only thing you got right. An "Assist" is NEVER a Kill, if it was, a point would go into the "Kill" Space instead of having it's own "Assist" column. Also, a "BEAT DOWN" is NOT an Assassination. It's a CLEAR Assassination only when the game says Assassination. I.E, there were no "Assassinations" in Halo before Reach, simply because there were no "Animations". Also, you dont get an Assassination Medal for a "Beat Down".

Pro-Tip: Naming someone's place in their last "10" matches doesnt mean anything. In my last 10 matched, I tried dominon for the first time, tried CTF, and then lagged through about 3 games of swat before giving up on it. Some days I play well, some days I dont. Also playing with "Randoms" AND the map you're playing have an effect on how you play. When I play with my friends, we usually win those games, and I go easily 10+ for K/D, regardless of the place I "Landed" compared to the rest of the players.

9 times out of 10 the person being Assassinated isnt going to be saved, so move on and get your own kill. It takes effort to get an Assassination, and hurts their pride...I usually only go for an Assassination when someone makes me mad, or they're obviously afk...Stealing an Assassination from another player only helps the person getting assassinated because they didnt take that hit to their pride.

You can try to justify stealing someone's assassination all you want. You say it all goes to the "team" so who cares who gets the kill but, the person stealing it shows that they don't care about the team they only care about their own amount of kills. The fact that they stopped to shoot at the person you have already pretty much killed instead of moving on to find other threats shows they're being purely selfish. That's all there is to it. If the person is already being shot at and you run behind them and start it but, they get killed by the player already shooting at them then that's a whole different matter.

Yoinking was the best part of reach. Why did you take away my favorite medal 343? Just because some whiny punk cries because i stole his assassination, doesnt mean you should cater to this baby. Bring back the yoink!!!

I looked at the amount of this medal someone had in Reach as a way to determine how bad of a team mate they are.

While I don't honestly care about getting them stolen, or stealing them myself, I believe that stealing assassinations is dumb.

Where is the tactics involved in killing an enemy that is already dead? Tactically:

Two of your teammates lie dead in a corridor where there are 3 red spartans, one with low shields, and you and another teammate (blue). Your teammate manages to sneak up on one, and begins the assassination animation. Now you can:

1. Steal the assassination. You will be shot while getting this assassination, and possibly get you and your teammate killed. The assassination may not even complete as both you and your teammate die.

2. Kill the guy with low shields, or begin to work on the guy with full shields (who may or may not be distracted by your assassin teammate while the guy with low shields may have ran away). This way, you're guaranteed at least one kill.

There are a lot of scenarios, but the case is why would you waste ammo on an enemy that is confirmed dead instead of doing something productive, like improving your position, or shooting someone else? Stealing assassinations is only greedy because there are so many other things you could do with your time and effort.

Also, there is armor and commendations to be gained from assassinations. Some people actually want these armor and commendations.

Bottom line Assassinations are badass and its a **** move to steal yoink them from someone.

Only reason I agree 100% with this is because they removed the yoink medal. I think if it took any longer to assassinate people the person being assassinated would have time to call next of kin and say their goodbyes. It does take too long... (That's why there's wetworks because they intentionally made it take too long, useless perk, useless class) and they took down the best thing assassinations had. Yoink...

It was so gratifying to hear that in Halo Reach... Now I don't even attempt assassinations anymore. Period. Ever. Because its just lame when the other three guys on your team convulge on you forgetting about the other enemies just to steal your kill. I don't mind being yoinked. I mind **itty teammates who don't know how to play halo and are in all likelihood virgins and obese and have zero friends. That's just my sophisticated hypothesis though.

I steal kills every now and then but NEVER assassinations. If sum1 on my team is in the middle of an assassination i just watch them. Or protect them from showstoppers. There should b a thing were if ur knife stabs in2 the dude its officially ur kill. But sweep kills r the reason i dont normally roll w/ teams. Imma lone wolf.

I tend to play more spartan ops and regicide, and BTB. but if i'm assassinating somebody(in a team based game) it's usually because they haven't got anyone covering them. Those being yoinked are irritating but(even with the stealth specilazation on) happens, once or twice isn't that bad, as I couldn't care less if someone puts a magnum bullet in him for the assist(i have no idea if you can get one for that but). showstoppers yes yoinks-within reason(reason not being a rocket launcher on the man about to have a knife in his rib cage)

I tend to play more spartan ops and regicide, and BTB. but if i'm assassinating somebody(in a team based game) it's usually because they haven't got anyone covering them. Those being yoinked are irritating but(even with the stealth specilazation on) happens, once or twice isn't that bad, as I couldn't care less if someone puts a magnum bullet in him for the assist(i have no idea if you can get one for that but). showstoppers yes yoinks-within reason(reason not being a rocket launcher on the man about to have a knife in his rib cage)

Yes you can get an assist for putting a shot in the before they get assassinated. Had it happen today in SWAT when I shot in enemy right when he was grabbed.

• Like 1

you are a sad little boy!!! AndI bet you end up killing your team mates because someone steal your assassinations just because you are slow sad and selfish. My advice to you is stay away from team games and play lone wolves or in forge on your own.

Grow up.

You carry me? lol, I will gladly play you 1v1 if you insist on calling me out like that. Then when you lose I will post the link on here just for others to look at. Now, back to the real reason we are here. I would much rather have the guy with assists over the guy who went +4. Team work > Anything. This is Halo 4 so the assists are much different. Do I consider a man dead because another person is in the process of assassinating the opponent? NO...why? Because I have killed many opponent mid-assassination on my own team mate therefore saving my team mate and ruining their kill. You are mistaking my posts for a person who will sit their and shoot a man over and over JUST to get a kill. In all honesty though, If I am not with MY team and I am with a bunch of randoms then hell yeah I will steal the assassination. My Kills > Your kills any day. MY MAIN reason for posting here is to point out that a person is more worried about his kills then his team winning.

I agree man, assists are just as important as kills if not more, teamwork is required to win, as Halo is a teambased game. I myself just shot a guy last game my teammate was ninja'ing simply cause i was shooting at him first.

And to whoever said you cant assasinate faster.. wetworks spec. Kthxbai