Splinter Cell Movie: Tom Hardy To Play Sam Fisher

Adam91

TOM-HARDY_SPLINTER-CELL_UBISOFT_.jpg

Splinter cell first came out 11 years ago and has been considered a classic by some in the modern era of video gaming. Now the franchise takes it's next leap onto the big screen.

Actor Tom Hardy will take the lead role of one of the most well known secret agents in the modern gaming world, Sam Fisher. The Movie will soon be underway and things are look promising as Ubisoft are currently hold talks with some movie studio's

CVG has more details on this upcoming project.

Eric Singer will write the screenplay for the adaptation, whose previous work includes The International. Ubisoft is currently in talks with several studios including Warner Bros. and Paramount.

The news follows

confirmation that Michael Fassbender will feature in an adaptation of another of the publisher's major properties, Assassin's Creed.

Speaking to

Variety, Ubisoft Motion Pictures CEO Jean-Juliet Baronnet sang the praises of Hardy.

"His involvement in the 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell' movie is exciting news for movie and video game fans alike.

"Meanwhile, Eric Singer is one of the most talented writers of the moment, and ... we're confident he'll bring a fresh approach and create a thrilling story."

A new

gameplay video for Ubisoft's newest Splinter Cell installment was released yesterday.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 2

i saw this on facebook yesterday. the dude looks nothing like sam fisher, sounds nothing like him and was only cast (probably) because of batman. they could have used ironside with some make-up and prosthetics. plus he's closer in age.

sam_and_mike_558221artw.jpg

pic very much related.

I like tom hardey but he does not fit sam fisher at all..honestly i can't think of any actor besides ironside that would fit sam fisher. i supose what they could do is have a body actor and never show smas face and have ironside do the voice over it..but then i don't think ironside wants to do anything more with splinter cell.

I think that's why the recast sam fisher for the newest game

"Michael Fassbender will feature in an adaptation of another of the publisher's major properties, Assassin's Creed."

He will either play Desmond or Altair..or perhaps both seeing as Desmond and altair look identicle