Hey 343, here is what we we think about Cortana! (spoilers)

walrus munchies

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself to become the villain." If chief doesn't die a heroes death, the rest of humanity will see him the same way Del Rio does, as outdated hardware.

***It applies to what we're talking about***.

How does it.

I hope he doesn't die. The "heroic soldier sacrifices for the rest of the world" thing is really tired and cliche. Can we for once have a hero live and carry on with life?

Hopefully 343 can break the mold for once and be different.

That Batman quote is legendary. It's probably one of the most true things said about heroes that I have ever heard. Humans (in the real world) aren't perfect. It's hard to be a hero and just stay a hero. Look at Brett Favre. He was a legend. Everybody loved him until the **** picks and the switch to the Vikings. Now, everyone hates him for his "betrayal". It's as if he never did anything good in his life for his fans, yet he dedicated more than a decade of his life to the Packers and was an extremely great player. So, this quote has everything to do with the Master Chief, simply because he is a hero. Christopher Nolan is a genius (director of the recent batman trilogy).

Also, to add onto that, the Master Chief IS growing obsolete. I don't know if you've noticed yet, but there's something called Spartan IV's that you play as in Halo 4 multiplayer and Spartan Ops. The Spartan II's, which the Master Chief is, are old news. There are only a few left. What use do they have when there are hundreds of Spartan IV's to be had? They may not be as good as the Chief, but they're more expendable, which makes them more useful. I really hope this issue of being obsolete is addressed in Halo 5's story. It would add much depth to Chief's character.

• Like 1

That Batman quote is legendary. It's probably one of the most true things said about heroes that I have ever heard. Humans (in the real world) aren't perfect. It's hard to be a hero and just stay a hero. Look at Brett Favre. He was a legend. Everybody loved him until the **** picks and the switch to the Vikings. Now, everyone hates him for his "betrayal". It's as if he never did anything good in his life for his fans, yet he dedicated more than a decade of his life to the Packers and was an extremely great player. So, this quote has everything to do with the Master Chief, simply because he is a hero. Christopher Nolan is a genius (director of the recent batman trilogy).

Also, to add onto that, the Master Chief IS growing obsolete. I don't know if you've noticed yet, but there's something called Spartan IV's that you play as in Halo 4 multiplayer and Spartan Ops. The Spartan II's, which the Master Chief is, are old news. There are only a few left. What use do they have when there are hundreds of Spartan IV's to be had? They may not be as good as the Chief, but they're more expendable, which makes them more useful. I really hope this issue of being obsolete is addressed in Halo 5's story. It would add much depth to Chief's character.

What? Bret Favre a hero? Dude was a football player. I am pretty sure I hated him day one. Lets see life long Bears fan, yep I hated him. It's even on my resume. Honestly the only hero's you seem to know are from books. There have been plentyy of hero's that have been just that hero's. Sure you have your Lance Armstrongs, but plennty of good people have been hero's. Besides Lance was always a villian people just wanted him to be a hero. That's a pretty negative attitude you have.

Just a few names

Washington

Lincoln

Churchill

Roosevelt

Teddy Roosevelt

Matin Luther King

Sam Adams

John Adams

Eisenhower

Grant

Audie Murphy

MacArthur

Davy Croccket

De Gaulle

Joan Of Arc

Anne Hutchinson

Jefferson

Truman

Kennedy

Armstrong

John Glenn

Rosa Parks

Susan B Anthony

Lindbergh

Earhart

Nathan Hale

Meir

Lou Gehrig

Joe Louis

Sitting Bull

The list goes on and on, and on.

• Like 1

It would still be Halo without Cortana, the games title would clearly read Halo 5 and Halo 6 and yes if she is gone it would make an interesting story, but she isn't gone so that'll make an interesting re-appearance as well.

it would not be Halo if Cortana was gone... the only reason why i play the halo games is for the love story the chief and cortana have... if there is no more cortana there is no more love story... >< no reason to ever play a halo game again. the past 10yrs we have grown up with them. :( i would never touch another halo game again. the majority of people i have talked to would not play halo again either. halo just isn't halo without cortana... they started it together, they should end it together!

Ahhh, but that seems to be the theme of Halo 4, turning Master Chief back into a human being.

Also, I have a feeling that Cortana will be back. One way or another.

Oh, I don't disagree with you at all Director. But at the same time, I still believe Sierra1117 has the right of it.

Cortana won't be gone, IMO, and the Chief will become more human as the trilogy goes on, but that doesn't change what was done to him in order to make him a Spartan in the first place.

we are all human even the cheif. he has went through some though **** and lost the only "person" the UNSC will allow him to know Cortana. so i think that eventualy they will bring back cortana different because she will be new but it will be her none the less.

• 2 weeks later...