Reduce the XP

James Tandy

lol? i get 5k at minimum i always average around 6k and i get a lot of afk players most afk players are high levels aswell i only play the first and last chapter on episode 2 i think these get the most xp

It's because you're real good at the game man! Nobody else is getting that because they don't deserve the credit for AFKing... You're too good bro...!

Everytime I do SO on Matchmaking, I get 4,500 - 5,950 XP per run. I work for it, true, so I don't feel like it's too much. However, almost every match I've run today has had someone AFKing, getting only one or two kills at the beginning and then just sitting near the spawn/evac point. It's pissed me off, and I've had to set it up so I don't get them as randoms with the comment system they have. I hope 343 actually pulls a Bioware on this, and reset all the ranks and everything for the people who do it repeatedly. It's BS that they can get so much XP off of our hard work. (The most annoying part of it, most of them were in new Specializations, and I'm at 46, unable to get more XP now do to this random "Online XP Limit Reached")

Everytime I do SO on Matchmaking, I get 4,500 - 5,950 XP per run. I work for it, true, so I don't feel like it's too much. However, almost every match I've run today has had someone AFKing, getting only one or two kills at the beginning and then just sitting near the spawn/evac point. It's pissed me off, and I've had to set it up so I don't get them as randoms with the comment system they have. I hope 343 actually pulls a Bioware on this, and reset all the ranks and everything for the people who do it repeatedly. It's BS that they can get so much XP off of our hard work. (The most annoying part of it, most of them were in new Specializations, and I'm at 46, unable to get more XP now do to this random "Online XP Limit Reached")

I'm 41 and have never hit my limit. Thoughts?

If they get 5-6 kills, then rubber band their controller, they get full exp cred like everyone else, 4500 - 5950 xp per SO game. Today, 2/3 of my games had at least one AFKer, one had two. There's topics on other [exploit] sites about 'how to afk in Spartan Ops' (found them when Googling around to see if it was a major issue when I started to notice it)

It's a pain in the ass when we spawn near them, the game takes longer (albeit this does add to the score, apparently the longer the game the higher the score, and you only need a minimum number of kills to reach the maximum score for the time you got, Gagarin is sitting at about 8.5 minutes optimal time), and it's frustrating to have to carry their asses when I and my teammates that actually put in effort do all the work for them.

Either reduce the xp output of Spartan Ops games to make it less of an incentive for them to do this crap, or have the AFK system kick them after the 3rd or 4th wave if they have zero kills (As WELL as if they stand still for 60-90 seconds).

• Like 1

I've gotten to the point where if you can't beat them join em. I have been thrown into games where 1 person quits and 2 people are not playing so I end up either not playing until someone else starts playing (set my controller down) or I quit and let them play for themselves, because there is no way in hell I am gonna go through the mission myself and have them get exp.

There are ways around having people not playing. If you quit in this game, you do not get penalized yet, so all you have to do is quit when you get people who are not moving the whole game and then they will end up having to play or else the mission will never end.

As for exp, I do not think they should lower it, what they should do it make regular matchmaking equal, because it makes no sense how spartan ops give you more exp than infinity slayer games/objective games.

Also, I set my controller down for a whole game a couple of times and you get no exp at the end, so I think they have a system in place where your xbox goes idle and the game ends you get no exp. They just need to tweak some things.

I don't get this, I play solo legendary and have never gotten over 3,000 how do you get more?

Also I only play with friends so I don't have that problem though I can see how it would be irritating.

That being said, I hope they never reduce the amount of EXP you get. It's fantastic for solo play when you don't want to deal with other players and still be able to rank up some.

I'll be THAT guy in this topic.

I will admit, the reason I am in the SR-60s is because I play (majority) Spartan Ops (even though I do have a 1.7 K/D on Matchmaking), but i get 12,000xp per 7 minute spartan ops game.

I have double xp of course, but the return from these games is mind-blowing and I would not be mad if they reduced the XP turnout at the end of the games

It's great to get your rank up and all, but I play a lot of Multiplayer (only completed two SO's) and I'm only SR-22. That being said, I generally destroy SR-40's and up because all they do is play SO and not Multiplayer. It's pretty satisfying to be called a cheater and a hacker when I roll over people ;)

I get 2,500 to 2,900 EXP per game, so i have no idea what you're talking about. And i haven't seen many AK players at all.

This, if anything SOs exp gain should increase, I'm sick of having to grind War Games just to advance 1 rank or whatever.

And while im here, Campaign needs score mode and exp associated with it, I dont want to just play it once and then play 343s pet project, Infinity Multiplayer, I want to play Halo however the hell I want and be able to rank up however the hell I want.

I'll be THAT guy in this topic.

I will admit, the reason I am in the SR-60s is because I play (majority) Spartan Ops (even though I do have a 1.7 K/D on Matchmaking), but i get 12,000xp per 7 minute spartan ops game.

I have double xp of course, but the return from these games is mind-blowing and I would not be mad if they reduced the XP turnout at the end of the games

Must be nice, anyone outside of America gets no such Double Exp.

Talk about favouritism on a global release Microsoft, just because Japan does it ALL THE TIME doesnt mean you should.

Yeah, i'm not exactly sure how people are getting 12k experience from one run. I've reached the rank that I am at (SR-30) by soloing the first five Spartan Ops and then playing War Games. I've received a maximum of 2,800 experience points from doing a Spartan Op that takes twenty to thirty minutes, when I could easily gain that same experience by playing War Games one time.

I feel like if you solo a Spartan Op, you should get much more experience.

Yeah, i'm not exactly sure how people are getting 12k experience from one run. I've reached the rank that I am at (SR-30) by soloing the first five Spartan Ops and then playing War Games. I've received a maximum of 2,800 experience points from doing a Spartan Op that takes twenty to thirty minutes, when I could easily gain that same experience by playing War Games one time.

I feel like if you solo a Spartan Op, you should get much more experience.

People are simply using the 2X EXP promotion from Dew or Doritos for their respective games. In a nutshell, they're getting 5-6K EXP per run, and then they're using 2X EXP. Ultimately, that'll get them 12K EXP. :)

• 1 month later...

the people that go afk do not get the full xp! infact they barely get any. i was waiting for a game to load and i went outside to find something for my jeep and i stayed out longer then expected. when i came in the game was over and i only got 100xp. other then that i get around 6k a game.

ps.

that was my only afk game so dont get mad