Halo 4 Improvement Ideas

Adrian Dallsingh

I love Halo 4 and believe this Halo can be the BEST Halo game yet, but some believe it needs to be tweaked a bit. I am one of those people, it's a great game as is, but would be way better if some things were changed. From what iv'e been hearing from people, and from what iv'e read, there are only 2 main problems people have. The playlists, and the balancing of the weapons, (more specifically the DMR and BR).

I think the DMR and BR is a problem as well, as every match iv'e played is plagued with those 2 guns being used. The BR being the less of the two. Some have said to increase the number of shots it takes to kill someone by one, or increase the bloom. I would be fine with either, but I think that's the #1 problem. I loved halo for the diversity in the weapons and fights, nades flying everywhere and people getting melee'd from all directions. Games were very hectic, now they are all mostly DMR battles, which if I wanted I would just play SWAT (which I love). Some people like they way the DMR and BR is now, and don't want them to change. So my opinion on how to fix all this, is make a new playlist just like Infinity Slayer, but take out the DMR and BR, and let everything else stay the same, that's if they choose to not tweak the 2 rifles. Now about the playlists, there just aren't as much fun playlist as there were is other Halo games (rocket race anyone). I think 343 have that under control though, they just put out SWAT, and more are on the way. The only other suggestion I have is about the armor shield. I think you die just a little to quickly, or maybe I just suck ass, but I was always a pretty good Halo player. Anyways, these are my thoughts for Halo 4 fixes, other than these things, I think Halo 4 is boss.

I'm going to ignore all the UI (I'm sure there's a better word for it maybe HUD) gripes I have. If there's one thing that makes this game not feel like halo it's the ordinance system/ lack of consistent weapons placement. I love the maps. Ragnarok really took me back, but, not having the stickies on the ledge of the bases, no shotties in the tunnels, IDK it just really doesn't "feel" like halo to me. The matches are really hectic, it used to be you had to be good with a dmr or BR to use them, now it's just a free for all. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but this just isn't the Halo I'm used to. Although, I'm sure that was the goal, they wan't to win the COD players, I'm sure.

The DMR isn't overpowered. It's a balanced weapon that works well alongside the other starting weapons. If the DMR were overpowered, you'd come out on top much more than you probably do (depending on your skill level). I use the DMR, and I get killed just as much as any other player. And I consistently kill other players who are using the DMR. It takes five shots with the DMR to make a kill. It takes four BR shots to make a kill. I don't know how many assault rifle shots it takes to make a kill, but the advantage of that weapon is how many bullets you shred through your opponent. You don't have to be super accurate with that thing, like you do with the DMR and BR. It lends itself to a different style of play, and the three weapons balance each other nicely.

The DMR isn't overpowered. It's a balanced weapon that works well alongside the other starting weapons. If the DMR were overpowered, you'd come out on top much more than you probably do (depending on your skill level). I use the DMR, and I get killed just as much as any other player. And I consistently kill other players who are using the DMR. It takes five shots with the DMR to make a kill. It takes four BR shots to make a kill. I don't know how many assault rifle shots it takes to make a kill, but the advantage of that weapon is how many bullets you shred through your opponent. You don't have to be super accurate with that thing, like you do with the DMR and BR. It lends itself to a different style of play, and the three weapons balance each other nicely.

it takes 5 shots to kill with a BR... it's the only gun i use. i have over 3300 kills in MM so far and have yet to 4 shot using a BR against someone with full shields. In fact, i even tested in custom games (using default settings) and have found that it's impossible to 4 shot someone with a BR. The DMR IS overpowered. it has more range, more accuracy, aim-assist helps it out SO much, and the bloom actually helps at close range by making the middle reticle about the same size as a players head. Not to mention its fire rate is higher than the BR's.

And one more question: Why is it that a gun that was a 4 shot in 2 previous games is all of a sudden a 5 shot? wouldn't the gun get better and more advanced over time? that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...

• 4 weeks later...