Forerunners apparently have Jedi powers *spoilers*

Jasper

So.... what was up with all of that Force pushing that the Didact knew how to do? I have enough imagination for levitating architecture, but spontaneous invisible forces at will? That's pushing it, even in the Halo universe. I mean, the Forerunners are enigmatic, I understand that, but inherent telekinetic powers seem a little too high up on the Overpowered scale. I can understand massive tentacles, a huge hammer, and religious propaganda, now those are a little more reasonable. The Didact literally comes out of nowhere and spontaneously uses this power to make Chief look like a little girl (no sexism intended). Also, you'd think that if you really wanted to imprison someone, you'd make sure it was unable to be open by anyone, let alone be able to transmit radio frequencies freely through the cage.

I would just like to know where the heck this came from. Any explanations in Halo novels that I have not explored?

• Like 1

The Didact didn't come out of nowhere, he's been a character in the series for 2 years. And he can levititate chief because he's a promethean, and they recieve brevet mutations, one of which would be telekenisis

The "out of nowhere" was meant to be a figure of speech lol. But seriously? When did telekinesis ever make sense in the history of the world? Why and how were these "brevet mutations" put in place? Was it some sort of technology? I am baffled.

• Like 1

The "out of nowhere" was meant to be a figure of speech lol. But seriously? When did telekinesis ever make sense in the history of the world? Why and how were these "brevet mutations" put in place? Was it some sort of technology? I am baffled.

It actually makes sense. When a forerunner decides what they want to do as an occupation, they recieved mutations that would assist them in that occupation. Prometheans gain special mutations, and sime the Didact is their leader, he must have gotten a special one, telekinesis

Okay.... I guess I will just disregard the last few comments....

But about the whole mutation thing, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will not stop having a hard time believing his telekinetic powers until someone explains how the Forerunners were able to harness such a power in the first place to be able to grant it to the Prometheans in the said process.

I mean, hologram interfaces, hard light, levitation, I can understand all of that through my prior understanding of light particles, magnetism, and gravity, along with a dash of imagination, but telekinesis? That's just outrageous. Last time I checked, moving stuff with your mind never seemed plausible, even in a futuristic (or shall I say historic?) universe such as Halo's. Even the Gravemind's telepathic connection with all of its minions makes more sense because the Flood retains unanimous biology with itself.

• Like 1

yeah the whole magic deal is a bit too out of place for the technology heavy universe Halo is, I wish 343i would say his gloves have anti-gravity technology or something plausible/fitting like that, rather than make it seem that he's magically telekinetic... I didn't realize Didact was gonna go all Harry potter on my a**

• 2 months later...

Diadact OP, Nerf next patch. In all honesty, my response to being force choked by a pig-man in fancy armor was confusion, and I made the Jedi/sith analogy quickly. But I felt diadact used it as a plot device to monologue more. Now, a boss fight in which he is throwing massive objects at you woulda been way better than an easy QTE, but as a plot device, it did its job.