automatic vs precision guns, thoughts

W01FE

Here is my beef, assuming a skilled player, the precision weapons are virtually as potent in close range as a automatic weapon.

assuming a skilled player the idea of the precision weapon being harder to use in close combat is in reality largely nullified, the more skilled the player, the more nullified the percieved difficulty.

on the other hand no matter how skilled the autmoatic weapon user is, they cannot get those bullets to hit at long range.

This leads to a skilled player a precision weapon is straight up better to use at all times, you can argue that in situations a automatic weapon is "easier" but if we start balancing around weapons being easier or harder to use the balance will become even worse.

My suggestion is NOT to increase automatic weapon damage, this would make them imo encroach on certain power weapons. rather i suggest to decrease the power of the precision weapons slightly. increasing there kill times by maybe another bullet.

so the idea is simple, you want the ability for long range combat, you will have less kill time then a player who picks a gun that is incapable of long range combat.

Thus as precision weapon user will be actually punished for letting a automatic user in close jsut as a autmoatic user is punished right now for being caught in the open at longer ranges.

I have found, unless a player has a shotgun type of weapon or a SAW. I am virtually unstoppable when I have a DMR in my hands. Not mean to be boasting or anything, but my stats and memory prove that.

thats all fine tho imo since those are ordnance drop power weapons, not starting loadouts /shrug, mine is more about the starting loadout weapons.

Well, the boltshot is a shotgun weapon and is a starter weapon.

i admit i dont have a lot of info on the boltshot, my first impression is its ok since it has a charge up time and requires such close proximity to kill someone in one shot. however maybe having it consume the entire clip causing a reload?

Boltshot can be unpredictable. Sometimes, the charge shot can tilt up, down, left and right slightly. Otherwise, paired with Promethean vision, it's potent.

An auto weapon that i love to use is actually the Storm rifle. It's fun to pepper guys with the bullets for a bit, then lunge in for a melee in CQC, much like the OG plasma rifle. I find it best on KOTH or CTF, when you have time to defend and get up close and personal with the offense.

If you just run in a straight line shooting an AR at somebody starting from a long distance, of course you'll get owned, but if you use the map correctly and rush your opponents correctly, you can get a lot of kills with the automatic weapons.

About precision weapons, they can't make them kill slower. That just means more and more people will escape fights over and over again. I miss having a 4 shot precision weapon.

If you just run in a straight line shooting an AR at somebody starting from a long distance, of course you'll get owned, but if you use the map correctly and rush your opponents correctly, you can get a lot of kills with the automatic weapons.

About precision weapons, they can't make them kill slower. That just means more and more people will escape fights over and over again. I miss having a 4 shot precision weapon.

it will give the opportunity, which imo is needed considering you peak out and get 3-5 people spamming dmr rounds at your face from long distance. i dont see it as a bad thing

Personally the Ass rifle is way overpowered. Anyone can pick up an automatic weapon and just spray and pray until the target is dead. The balance between DMR and BR is balanced enough, I prefer DMR at longer ranges and BR at closer ranges.

Personally I think 343 screwed up halo....it was a sad day when I first played it, like when you get a present at Christmas but it wasn't what you wanted and now you resent it

People just don't want to have to do anything anymore. If you suck so much just play OPS and Campaign on Easy over and over again. I want a SKILL CURVE to my game and that requires balancing around skill with a dash of noob thrown in for casual players so they enjoy the game and gives the ROCK PAPER SCISSORS gameplay they crave without giving competitive skilled players the frustration of having to run in straight lines spraying, praying and meleeing cause that is the only viable option in a universe with "balanced around power not skill weapons". But once you start to hit the end of the skill curve it becomes a balanced game of meta game+aiming skill where both players have many choices affecting the outcome of battle. Instead of their dream where you could through a theoretical 35 in a game of 50s and he could be effective because of the ease of use of the weapons instead of because of his skill.

Right now most bitching if from people getting bad matches. I think I have gotten only a couple matches where I felt like all the players were even in my skill catagory. AKA going 40 and 0 and getting a perfection in Swat. All they had to do was shoot me in the head first one out of 15 times. They failed.

People just don't want to have to do anything anymore. If you suck so much just play OPS and Campaign on Easy over and over again. I want a SKILL CURVE to my game and that requires balancing around skill with a dash of noob thrown in for casual players so they enjoy the game and gives the ROCK PAPER SCISSORS gameplay they crave without giving competitive skilled players the frustration of having to run in straight lines spraying, praying and meleeing cause that is the only viable option in a universe with "balanced around power not skill weapons". But once you start to hit the end of the skill curve it becomes a balanced game of meta game+aiming skill where both players have many choices affecting the outcome of battle. Instead of their dream where you could through a theoretical 35 in a game of 50s and he could be effective because of the ease of use of the weapons instead of because of his skill.

Right now most bitching if from people getting bad matches. I think I have gotten only a couple matches where I felt like all the players were even in my skill catagory. AKA going 40 and 0 and getting a perfection in Swat. All they had to do was shoot me in the head first one out of 15 times. They failed.

again if we went your way, just remove automatic weapons fro the game, or ingame needs to be specified that the automatic weaponsa are crappy starting guns meant to cater to bads, and arent meant to be used seriously....either one solves the issue of being misled. atm they are in the game, and there is no mention of them being a skilless bore that should be ignored by anyone wanting to play competitively or skilled. until then, they are meant to be balanced.

there is no middle ground here, there is no "sense" and giving us guns and intending them to be subpar pieces of **** that you oh so want themt o be. you constantly confuse your own ego with facts and its downright irritating.

also, i dont touch swat, its as close as you can get to CoD crap in halo, its all reactionary and aim, not other tactical thoughts need apply...boring