a boss fight?

dipdoo

anyone think a boss fight would be cool besides me maybe in one of the episodes they could make a boss where you do most of the fighting without cut scenes for me the first thing that came to mind as a boss fight was a giant elite giant meaning 2 times the size of a mantis at least. Maybe it could have ranged weapons although that would make if really hard it could side with the covenant/Prometheans or maybe it could be a rogue that attacks everything. Most likely some different armor from the other elites, along with different melee attacks if it didn't use ranged weapons maybe it could take a chunk of a rock or pick up a vehicle and throw it at you.

The second thing that came to mind was a giant hunter with almost the same idea as the elite except that I think it would be better if it still had a big fuel rod gun attached to its arm.

• Like 1

So you want to fight Godzilla? I love the idea of boss fights, but maybe not at the scale you are imagining. I for one thought the boss fights in Halo 2 were phenomenally constructed. You had the Heretic with his illusions whose dual plasma fire you had to evade and maneuver while counter-attacking at the correct opportune moment. And then you had Tartarus who made you work on your strafing, jumping, and distraction skills as well as quick burst attacking. Basically they required Halo skills that didn't involve the biggest gun, which was refreshing.

Halo 2 was the only game that had this. If Spartan Ops could revive this type of gameplay, I would be ecstatic! But it would have to be well done of course, and I believe that requires the correct implementation of Armor abilities this time. For instance, Hard Light shield would actually prove useful for once and be required in order to defend your team from a specific enemy's attack (preferably not a gargantuan Godzilla Elite, maybe something within reason, no offense) while your teammates implemented different armor abilities to stage an offensive, such as thrust for getting behind the boss or promethean vision to counter invisibility. Things that require team strategy. That would be amazing.

• Like 1

Yeah a scarab would be nice and so would a battle like the prophet but I for one thought those were relatively easy maybe something without a weak point like IDK a suped up enemy with bad ass armor, like the shield of the hunter, but the armor doesn't wear down maybe a forerunner with 2 incineration cannons? similar to the 2 fuel rod guns of the prophet.

maybe a weak backside but has a shiled over it's back until it attacks then it's vulnerable

Yeah a scarab would be nice and so would a battle like the prophet but I for one thought those were relatively easy maybe something without a weak point like IDK a suped up enemy with bad ass armor, like the shield of the hunter, but the armor doesn't wear down maybe a forerunner with 2 incineration cannons? similar to the 2 fuel rod guns of the prophet.

maybe a weak backside but has a shiled over it's back until it attacks then it's vulnerable

How about fighting an actual arbiter? We have never faced the Arbiter in any halo gameplay, that'd be nice like fighting Shirley from halo wars?

How about fighting an actual arbiter? We have never faced the Arbiter in any halo gameplay, that'd be nice like fighting Shirley from halo wars?

Because the Arbiter would destroy the Chief!!! lololololololololololol

But seriously, fighting the Arbiter is risky. If MC fought the Arbiter, it shouldn't be allowed for either of them to win. They would just lose so much face. It's best that they are kept as equals.

"Were it so easy"

Best line from the Arbiter. It shows he's cocky, and he respects the Chief. I would like that maintained.

• Like 1

At the end of each season they should have a boss fight (season one should be Jul' Mdamee the Didact's hand.) They could have very tough shields, very damaging weapons, and an ability or 2. Also no respawning when fighting bosses (to make it a challenge) For example lets say Jul has shields 1.5 times as strong as that of a zealot, He wields a unique storm rifle in one hand and a sword in the other, He can cloak and will do so at random, and can throw 3 grenades at once. This is more of a general gist of what fighting a boss should be like.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...