Please Read if you want to change MatchMaking

Shnuggles21

Okay I know there are a few and maybe more people out there like me that are complaining about the matchmaking in halo 4 and I just want to share my opinion like everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I love halo 4 and enjoy the (most) of what I can when I play it, but if we just fix some (small) problems then I think this could be a Halo that would be fun for everyone.

First off, WHY am I getting CoD problems when I play halo 4? In call of duty, I get mad at people camping in corners and all that stuff but why would that be a problem in halo? Well, you have the Boltshot weapon which is ridiculously Overpowered by people who like to wait in corners (either with Invis.) or just gladly sitting there waiting to just basically "plasma pistol" a guy to kill him with one charge. I would love to see that weapon nerfed but I honestly don't know how that is gonna be nerfed but hopefully you guys will fix it.

Next, I am RARELY getting in DMR or BR battles with opponents anymore. Which made halo what it is today. (Competitive) How is sitting in a corner or just throwing grenade after grenade and spraying them down with the AR competitive? I'm just seeing so many CoD like stuff in Halo 4 that it saddens me we can't have what we used to have. You guys didn't need to put all these different guns in the game to make it so other gamers will come to halo. If you looked at Halo 2 and Halo 3 and saw how much success they had and how much people LOVED those games, why not take that into consideration? The halo competitive I remember is people using the SAME gun to kill other players because it was FAIR.

That brings me to my next problem, the DMR is extremely better than the BR at any battle in halo. Whether it'd be close range to long range. If people can shoot the DMR fine, that gun is the best. What I suggest is keeping the playlists, but making gametypes like "Team BR's" or "Team DMR's". So everyone gets a fair chance and fair battles against there opponents. I actually just thought of that as soon as I wrote that and felt so happy if that was actually in halo 4.

And if 343 has read what I wrote this far, I want to thank you so much because you are actually listening to your fans and helping halo get back to being that awesome game everyone wants to play.

The last thing that I almost forgot to say is that the respawning in Halo 4 is not what I expected it to be. It's basically another Call of duty like aspect added into halo. Please 343, teams can barely get map control in certain gametypes where you need that to win the game. Instantly respawning in objective games is not what Halo used to be. You have a spawn time on Capture the Flag, but you don't have it on King of the Hill or Oddball where you need it most. Slayer isn't that big of a deal but it still could use a 3 second spawn time. Not INSTANTLY respawning and their whole team is full shields taking us out because we couldn't even recharge our shields after we killed off their team. It's just not halo.

Well thank you if you read my arguments and took them into consideration, because I promise you...If you make some of these things happen...Multiplayer would be amazing. And that's coming from someone who loves halo and loves to get online and have fun in Matchmaking. Just get rid of some of these tiny problems and you will make your fans even more proud of you guys for making a great game we know and love..Halo.

• Like 2

First off, there is promethean vision which will allow you to see those "campers" lurking around corners. Second, I rarely rush around a corner unless I am certain it's clear anyway. I get into DMR battles ALL THE TIME. In fact, I have at least double the amount of kills with a DMR than I do my AR.

Who sits in the corner throwing tons of grenades? The grenade damage in Halo 4 sucks compared to Reach. I've had no shield and had them go off literally a few feet away and not die.

The game might have some features similar to CoD- it is a bit more fast-paced now with the upped damage of the AR and sprint, but it's definitely Halo, and precision still counts, big time.

In your team DMR/BR, which is an idea I don't mind, include the light rifle in this as well as it's just as competent (maybe even more-so in the right hands) as the DMR/BR.

I do agree that the DMR is superior to the BR. The BR has a slight edge in close range, about even with the DMR in mid, and in long range it's no question that the DMR is far superior. I'm not sure what could be done here to even the playing field though. I do think that since the BR does a 3round burst maybe it should have slightly higher damage? Too much though and it's OP. I don't know, it's a fine line here.

As far as the other guns in the game? Well, all they've added is a new class of weapons, forerunner, and they're pretty even with UNSC and Covenant. No standard load-out weapons are overpowered, that's right, not even the bolt shot.

The beauty of Halo 4 is individuality. Each weapon, AA, etc. has its pro's and con's. It allows you to tweak your play-style to suit how you like to play the game. It allows you to THINK and incorporate STRATEGY into your gameplay. Where as before, everyone ran at the same speed and shot the same gun and all it boiled down to was who got the jump, and had better hand-eye cooridination strafing while shooting. Now, while those are still valuable, you can setup a gameplan for different scenarios and game types and it's actually pretty cool. All the weapons and loadouts need to stay because this diversity is a good thing and there is a nice balance among all the standard weapons.

• Like 1

Except now it's being used by campers for an easy way to gain map control on maps like Adrift and Haven.

Really if you hate Promethean vision that much, play team slayer pro.

About the topic, I think there will be campers in any FPS game. Also I do agree with the BR vs DMR, the DMR is much more powerful.

First off, there is promethean vision which will allow you to see those "campers" lurking around corners. Second, I rarely rush around a corner unless I am certain it's clear anyway.

I completely understand what you mean by using promethian vision to see the campers, but I'm not going to use ONE SINGLE armour ability just to see people camping in corners, it's a waste. And you probably would say make a loadout for it. And that's true but, I don't see a point in doing this if it's solving my (and other player's) "Problems". If it is a problem in the game, they should fix it and not let a powerful gun like that in the game. I mean I totally see this boltshot gun as a power weapon and it being used very smartly. But for EVERYONE allowed to use it in their loadout....it's just not fair for a OP weapon to be in your hands the whole game.

I completely understand what you mean by using promethian vision to see the campers, but I'm not going to use ONE SINGLE armour ability just to see people camping in corners, it's a waste. And you probably would say make a loadout for it. And that's true but, I don't see a point in doing this if it's solving my (and other player's) "Problems". If it is a problem in the game, they should fix it and not let a powerful gun like that in the game. I mean I totally see this boltshot gun as a power weapon and it being used very smartly. But for EVERYONE allowed to use it in their loadout....it's just not fair for a OP weapon to be in your hands the whole game.

The bolt shot isn't overpowered, period. Don't be a newbie and rush around and you won't get jumped. I've played 135 games an am an SR35 and I have yet to encounter a camper killing me with the boltshot. Does a different playing style attribute to this, I'd say so given I don't rush, hardly ever.

Camping will never end in any FPS shooter. God I remember the days of Halo 3 on the map 'The Pit' and everyone camped back in those corner hallways, NE and NW side of the map with the shotty. If memory serves right the shotty popped in there on each side. I honestly don't think camping is as bad in Halo 4 as its been in previous Halos.

The bolt shot isn't overpowered, period. Don't be a newbie and rush around and you won't get jumped. I've played 135 games an am an SR35 and I have yet to encounter a camper killing me with the boltshot. Does a different playing style attribute to this, I'd say so given I don't rush, hardly ever.

Camping will never end in any FPS shooter. God I remember the days of Halo 3 on the map 'The Pit' and everyone camped back in those corner hallways, NE and NW side of the map with the shotty. If memory serves right the shotty popped in there on each side. I honestly don't think camping is as bad in Halo 4 as its been in previous Halos.

The bolt shot IS over-powered i shouldn't be able to get an overkill with that weapon on a match like regicide but aslong as you have that weapon you will dominate almost any situation.

The bolt shot isn't overpowered, period. Don't be a newbie and rush around and you won't get jumped. I've played 135 games an am an SR35 and I have yet to encounter a camper killing me with the boltshot.

Okay, maybe I over-exaggerated a bit about the camping in the corners with the boltshot. I don't get that everytime I play. But I didn't know how else I could explain how players get killed by this in other "non-rushing" situations. Let's say your going having a battle with a guy near the lift on adrift. You know the 2 bottom lifts of the map that you go in. Okay well those landings you go in. You're having a battle with a guy and you get him down to one shot, now he quickly hid in a corner so he wouldn't die because that's his only option unless it's death. Knowing me, I will go there and clean up the kill easliy because he is like I said "one shot". If I go there and just literally get boltshotted because of tight corridors then that is just plain stupid. I shouldn't have to deal with a one shot weapon from 5 feet away. And for the smarty pants that say "Well you should of waited for your team to help you", or "just leave and dont challenge it". Let me do say I didn't have any grenades in that scenario. If you think any of those quotes then that's just sad. Haha I shouldn't have to tell my team, "Oh guys I got a guy here one shot but I can't clean him up because he holds the most powerful weapon in the game, can someone help"? Or not challenge it because he holds the most powerful weapon in the game. Maybe I am over-exaggerating about the powerful weapon in game thing but a TON of people would agree with me.

I don't know. I personally haven't encountered issues with the boltshot and I usually use 'firepower' and stack DMR/AR, but that's me. I do know you have to be REALLY close in order for it to one-hit kill you if you have a full shield.

What are your suggestions to making the bolt shot better? Should it not be a one-hit kill? If not, what would it be and how would that make it any different from the the plasma pistol?

Except now it's being used by campers for an easy way to gain map control on maps like Adrift and Haven.

Using promethean vision would defeat the purpose of camping as it gives away your location on the radar everytime you use it.

What are your suggestions to making the bolt shot better? Should it not be a one-hit kill? If not, what would it be and how would that make it any different from the the plasma pistol?

I'm really not sure, I mean I don't think they can take it fully out of the game and all..Actually, if they made it like the plasma rifle, and i mean the guns over heat and your hands feel that and shake. (you know what I mean) if they had that animation after the boltshot charged animation it wouldn't really be all that bad. The gun will still have to be not a 1 shot gun, maybe like the plasma pistol it could take down your shields all the way, (only up close though). But if they put in that animation players wouldn't be able to switch to their gun immediately after the animation. And the only fairness in this is if that "not switching immediately" was added. I really don't know how they could fix it, I'm not even sure how they can nerf it either. But I think they can figure out a way.

I agree with that animation of making your hand shake. I think also, since it can one-hit kill they should put a time limit on how long you can keep it charged for. Like, make it to where if you hold it for too long it'll over-heat and discharge prematurely. This would make it to where someone couldn't just sit there camping and would have to time it a lot better. Not to mention its ammunition should rapdily deplete while charged, you should get like only 2 charges out of one bolt shot, so you better make them count.

Wow...I just had the worst multiplayer experience of my life....I went in to capture the flag with my friend and got the map adrift. Got bottom spawn, so obviously the other team will be controlling top mid the WHOLE game. And to top it off...Their WHOLE TEAM was using boltshot. I counted at least 20 boltshot kills altogether and it was just devastating to even attempt staying in that game. Kids running at people in straight lines top mid just boltshotting the **** out of them. I swear that gun needs to be nerfed or taken out, it's ridiculous.

Let me correct that, I got the map abandon. Haha adrift doesn't even sound like a map of what I described there.

Wow...I just had the worst multiplayer experience of my life....I went in to capture the flag with my friend and got the map adrift. Got bottom spawn, so obviously the other team will be controlling top mid the WHOLE game. And to top it off...Their WHOLE TEAM was using boltshot. I counted at least 20 boltshot kills altogether and it was just devastating to even attempt staying in that game. Kids running at people in straight lines top mid just boltshotting the **** out of them. I swear that gun needs to be nerfed or taken out, it's ridiculous.

Let me correct that, I got the map abandon. Haha adrift doesn't even sound like a map of what I described there.

Though you had your problem I have seen less and less boltshots being used. In the past 20 games or so I've seen 1 or 2 actually tried to be used.

It seemed to be a more popular weapon a week ago, but since it is a secondary people easily forget about it.

Though you had your problem I have seen less and less boltshots being used. In the past 20 games or so I've seen 1 or 2 actually tried to be used.

It seemed to be a more popular weapon a week ago, but since it is a secondary people easily forget about it.

Haha I wish it was like that for me :( I never really saw people using it in the past week but now in the past few days a lot of people are trying to use it and its annoying. I'm getting lucky sometimes that I juke out enough to make them miss the shot but it's still pretty annoying.