My Rant About Halo 4 And What They Need to Fix

The Beijing King

Ok so to start off Halo 4 is a pretty good game. An amazing game to be honest but there are a lot of things in the multiplayer that is unnecessary or is just off and i hope in due time they will be fixed. First off, the flow of an online match is hampered by grenades. Grenades in Halo are very important but since they made the levels (the levels are kinda ****ty) very little, grenades are always flung and it’s very annoying to walk in a hallway and see like literally 6 or 7 grenades hurled at you and you can’t do **** about it. And the fact that all the Spartans are weaker makes Halo 4 not feel right. I’m a Spartan. I should be able to take more than 2 shots and not die. They made the Spartans way too weak where being a clever player isn’t even feasible in this game. In past Halos, if i were to get jumped, i can outsmart them and come out alive, but on Halo 4 since I’m so weak i don’t even have that opportunity to pull out something out of my ass to save it. It’s better to be a safe player, like in CoD than a crazy one like in past Halos. But it’s not funner being that safe player. Second, all the Armor Abilities and perks are pretty much ****ty and they either needs to be fixed or scrapped. The Thruster Pack, Hardlight Shield (which seems to replace the Dodge Roll and the Armor Lock), AutoSentry, Regeneration Field are all new abilities but they fall short or simply do not work at all. Those new abilities tries to replace old ones but fall flat. Most of the perks literally don’t really help out at all and to be honest they aren’t even necessary. Not once will you say “Thank god i have that grenadier perk” because the perks pretty much do nothing to flesh out or personalize your character or the game. And most of the weapons seems like **** too. The only weapons that matter are all the human weapons, Mostly the DMR and Battle Rifle because they are clearly the best ones. Actually for that matter making classes is pointless as only 2 guns “work” and the perks not having an effect on the battlefield. This game tries so hard to be a Halo with a CoD skin over it and it really doesn’t work out at all. Actually what seems to work out the most is all the old stuff from previous Halos. The old weapons like the DMR/Battle Rifle are much better than the new Promethean Light Rifle or reintroduced Covenant Carbine. Old abilities like Hologram, Jet Pack and Active Camo seems to work very well, even better than in Halo: Reach yet the new stuff seems to just not work at all. I am certain in the future they will fix all of this but as of now, 343, the new **** you implemented just isn’t working, period. You need to fix all of this if you want people to keeping playing past the holiday season.

First off, please dont post with the white background anymore. Secondly, I believe your assessment of the carbine and light rifle are flawed. Light rifle has no recoil or bloom and kills in 4 head shots when zoomed. I believe both of them will beat the DMR and BR when all are used with perfect accuracy.

Key part you missed, you should not need PERFECT ACCURACY the guns should already be balanced...

I use an Assualt Rifle and Magnum, it works fine, same goes with Regen Field, Harlight Sheild, and Autosentry, they've saved my ass plenty of times. I'm always the player that rushes in and blows **** up and I seem to be doing pretty well. It seems your just trying to complain because you can't adapt... My eyes hurt

• 2 months later...

They need to bring back the jumping height on halo 3, halo 3 jumping height is 100% and the gravity was around 80%in halo 4 game options and they need to bring it to Halo 5. Halos not as fun as without the feature of jumping high They need to bring back the old br, the new br sounds weird and looks weird. They need to take out sprint and custom loadouts to bring out the competition of halo, they also need to take out the grenade indicator and also the hit markers. They also need to bring back more old maps. They need to bring back the brutes. They need to make the maps more creative and also the fun of smacking their bodies around. In halo 4 the bodies move like 2 inches but in halo 3 the bodies were flying and it made it more fun. They also need to add more weapons and grenades on the map because it it puts more fun in the game because you can use all these different weapons on the map, like pistols, plasma pistols, carbines etc. They need to add a lot of those weapons on each map to make the game more funner. My point is that they need to bring back all of the settings back. Also the lobbies look really stupid. i want halo 4-5 to be more like halo 3. They also need to take out the bloom. Please spread these idea, this is what makes Halo, Halo.